New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Besides, if these we're merely bootleg releases I imagine the set of three would be priced at $500.00 or more.

Bootlegs. I have always had mixed feelings about them. On the one hand, I MUST hear the music. On the other, sales of non-authorized artistic creations is, in my mind, a kind of stealing from the artist. So my compromise is to never pay money for bootlegs - to not reward anyone for selling music they have no right to sell. Nonetheless, I snap up a free bootleg whenever I can get one.

PS - I earn my money as a writer and I would be *super upset* if I found out someone was snatching up my work that I hadn't offered for sale and then making money off of it. Don't see why it should be any different with music.

Bootlegs. I have always had mixed feelings about them. On the one hand, I MUST hear the music. On the other, sales of non-authorized artistic creations is, in my mind, a kind of stealing from the artist. So my compromise is to never pay money for bootlegs - to not reward anyone for selling music they have no right to sell. Nonetheless, I snap up a free bootleg whenever I can get one.

PS - I earn my money as a writer and I would be *super upset* if I found out someone was snatching up my work that I hadn't offered for sale and then making money off of it. Don't see why it should be any different with music.

However I think the massive interest in Zep boots is what caused HTWWW to be released and Paris to be included on the remaster. If Jimmy officially released shows that were only previously boots I would gladly buy them all over again.

For me LED ZEPPELIN is the be all, end all of music - period. Yes there are a great many other bands/musicians that I love, but not with the same fervor. So whatever Jimmy decides to release, I will be there to snatch it up & ENJOY!

For me LED ZEPPELIN is the be all, end all of music - period. Yes there are a great many other bands/musicians that I love, but not with the same fervor. So whatever Jimmy decides to release, I will be there to snatch it up & ENJOY!

Yes indeed. There's a reason my third daughter is named Paige (Satchel Paige has something to do with it too).

I have heavy Zeppelin-listening periods (such as this time of year when I listen to the '75 soundboards on the date of the show; I'm weird like that) and then I leave them for awhile, but Zeppelin is never far away, always waiting to energize, inspire, and motivate. I listen to live material quite a bit more than the studio recordings (probably 85/15) but there's undeniable power, majesty, and even beauty in those relatively few recordings.

I look at bands like The Who and the Stones and it seems (this is a little outside looking in) like most of their albums have three or four good songs and the rest is forgettable. Not Zeppelin. Not these four guys. I'm not talking "hits", I'm talking music that has and will stand the test of time. I'm amazed at how many positive comments I get from young people when I wear my Zeppelin T-shirts. They get it because the music endures.

The extras SUCK, and what is the point of vinyl if they are releasing 24 bit files? The vinyl is likely from those digital files anyway.

Then don't buy them, no one is forcing you. The vast majority here (myself included) are damn THRILLED to be getting this material, Live in Paris, instrumental versions, etc...plus fully remastered.

I guess some are never happy no matter what.

Thank you Jimmy, JPJ, & Robert for these amazing releases; the 99% have spoken and are happy and grateful for these gems. The 1% are of course the turds in the punchbowl, I guess some truths never change.

Then don't buy them, no one is forcing you. The vast majority here (myself included) are damn THRILLED to be getting this material, Live in Paris, instrumental versions, etc...plus fully remastered.

I guess some are never happy no matter what.

Thank you Jimmy, JPJ, & Robert for these amazing releases; the 99% have spoken and are happy and grateful for these gems. The 1% are of course the turds in the punchbowl, I guess some truths never change.

I'll buy every one of them, but I don't have to enjoy them. If I was in charge of this project, you bet your ass I'd have have done a much better job with the locating of extra tracks. Olympia as a bonus disc.......what a crock.

i'm only going for the deluxe vinyl versions. i ordered all three today and it was just under £70, which is £10 per disc, which is fair enough and cheaper than i expected actually. i've been wanting to replace my zepp vinyls for some time so this is a bonus

i shalln't bother with the super deluxe though, i rarely play cds these days and never bother with downloads, if i did i'd just copy from the cds anyway and i'm done looking at pictures of the band, i'm sure the book will be a lovely item but not for me, but i can see why those who dig such things are excited

I just logged on and am delighted with the new look of the site's 'opening page' with the preorder facility. Therefore, I'd like to offer thanks to the Webmaster, Sam, and anyone who has assisted him in setting this up. Thanks for the amount of work you guys put in.

We haven't seen anything yet wait until we see what is on IV, HOTH, and PG. I heard that there is a lot of interesting stuff. Has anybody heard the same?

I'd be shocked if none of these three had some live material. Hopefully more than one does.

The extras SUCK, and what is the point of vinyl if they are releasing 24 bit files? The vinyl is likely from those digital files anyway.

People (like me) like vinyl?

Fantastic to see these.

My mindset is a little different I guess. I want the deluxe editions but only for certain albums, those being Led Zeppelin, Physical Graffiti, Presence and ITTOD. Those are the albums I really love. I'm not sure I'll do anything regarding the others aside from downloading the outtakes.

I'll buy every one of them, but I don't have to enjoy them. If I was in charge of this project, you bet your ass I'd have have done a much better job with the locating of extra tracks. Olympia as a bonus disc.......what a crock.

Apart from being rude and disrespectful to the members of Led Zeppelin, some of whom will no doubt be taking a few minutes to assess the response of fans in this very thread, your comments also show a level of genuine immaturity. To say that anything sucks before having heard it; to question the quality of vinyl release before having heard it; and to say that you would have done a better job than Jimmy Page at unearthing material is just ludicrous. I'm not sure why you feel the need to go down this road, but I would encourage you to preserve some of your dignity while you can. As I said before, these are as good as it gets, given what Jimmy had to work with. With respect to your comment about the live material on LZ 1, they recorded this album in something like 18 hours, and were very thrifty about using expensive studio time. There was no spoil of riches for them to draw upon 45 years later. How you look at life is a choice. There is good in most things, including this moment that we fans have waited many years for. Enjoy it.

Yes indeed. There's a reason my third daughter is named Paige (Satchel Paige has something to do with it too).

I have heavy Zeppelin-listening periods (such as this time of year when I listen to the '75 soundboards on the date of the show; I'm weird like that) and then I leave them for awhile, but Zeppelin is never far away, always waiting to energize, inspire, and motivate. I listen to live material quite a bit more than the studio recordings (probably 85/15) but there's undeniable power, majesty, and even beauty in those relatively few recordings.

I look at bands like The Who and the Stones and it seems (this is a little outside looking in) like most of their albums have three or four good songs and the rest is forgettable. Not Zeppelin. Not these four guys. I'm not talking "hits", I'm talking music that has and will stand the test of time. I'm amazed at how many positive comments I get from young people when I wear my Zeppelin T-shirts. They get it because the music endures.

Totally agree with you about the Stones and Who. I typically buy the "best of" collections for those guys because they have a lot of songs that really don't do much for me.

To me, there is no bad zep song. Shoot, I enjoy Hot Dog. :P

I just logged on and am delighted with the new look of the site's 'opening page' with the preorder facility. Therefore, I'd like to offer thanks to the Webmaster, Sam, and anyone who has assisted him in setting this up. Thanks for the amount of work you guys put in.

Ah of course, Sam did a tremendous jobs. :yourock:

Archived