New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

I am sure they are all going to be amazing. I am hoping that a few DVD/Blu Ray is included somewhere and if Embryo or any other new music will come at the end as a bonus... doesn't hurt to dream:-) :whistling:

It can't hurt Debs and I'm sure I'm as forward to this as you!!!

Well, Embryo is a JP song so this could be on the material that he plans to release on his own along with the Zep releases. We'll see if Embryo is included with the JP archive releases. It would be great if it's included. A great instrumental from the IMGL doc.

Will there ultimately appear at some time a box set that contains all the super-deluxe sets in one super-sweet ultimate box set?

It's likely to include everything, but don't expect any extra material. It will most likely include the whole definitive album set in one big box. That would probably be it.

I really do hope Presence has something from 1977, the tour really needs an official representation. I'm sure Jimmy has the soundboard tapes from the LA run, any one of those shows would be welcome! This is just a pipe dream though, doubt it will happen.

Is there also a release date scheduled for LZ4, HOTH and Physical Graffiti?

I really do hope this next batch of deluxe sets will have live material included.

None as of yet, but my guess would be late Q3 2014.

I personally think the next batch with the companion discs will exclusively feature outtakes only. However, I believe Jimmy did say there would be visual content in these boxsets so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Is there also a release date scheduled for LZ4, HOTH and Physical Graffiti?

I guess anything is possible, but Jimmy's New Year's announcement said only the first three would arrive this year, so I'm not planning on seeing them. And my wallet would prefer not to see them this year.

I personally think the next batch with the companion discs will exclusively feature outtakes only. However, I believe Jimmy did say there would be visual content in these boxsets so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

the visual aspects prolly refer to LZ III being the original cover that you can rotate stuff around.....hahahaha

The next Three we will be getting more than just one disc. I heard that there is a lot of stuff in the can. Does anyone agree?

No I don't agree. Jimmy suggested that a companion disk would accompany each official release. That says to me that it would only be one disk of bonus material.

As far as what's left in the "can" I believe that can is near empty of any meaningful material. It's up to the listener as to what's meaningful but I don't see any earth shaking songs coming from the archives.

Now Jimmy's personal archive of non Zeppelin stuff may have treasures that will be interesting for sure when he unleashes it...

I would not be surprised to see Coda carrying a lot of weight this time out. By keeping it in the catalogue as part of this project, and not moving the individual songs to their original era albums, this suggests that a decision was made to retain the marketing leverage of that album, rather than lose it. So, being that Coda was a fairly weak seller and not a fan favorite, I would be inclined to think that Jimmy is going to fill it full of riches to: 1) Keep fan interest in the whole catalogue, and Coda itself, and 2) to ensure that Coda is a solid seller. As the saying goes, save the best for last, and don't blow the bank at the outset. I am optimistic about Coda.

CODA may be the box within a box within a box and carry the few real gems left in the Zeppelin attic. I do believe that great songs were left Un - heard, just not many of them. Very few in fact. But Dark Lord may be right - CODA will be the place where Jimmy exposes them.

I really do hope Presence has something from 1977, the tour really needs an official representation. I'm sure Jimmy has the soundboard tapes from the LA run, any one of those shows would be welcome! This is just a pipe dream though, doubt it will happen.

Well, I think everyone think everyone here has a wishlist, mine went down in flames with the LZ1 release,, I am lookiing forward more to the studio stuff ,than the live stuff. :mellow:

Let me recall what Jimmy told about live recordings and footage in 2012.

But there’s been a lot of Led Zeppelin work to be done. And to have done up to this point, and to be done as well. But after that I should do it… no, this is all studio stuff, nothing to do with any live stuff. So, you know, sort of revisiting the vaults.

http://staticmultimedia.com/music/jimmy-page-i-wasnt-so-much-a-trained-musician-i-sort-of-learned-as-i-went-along

Page is also looking at relevant live recordings and film to accompany the reissues. "There are concerts that were recorded – some that might have appeared on bootleg in some shape or form – and a certain amount of footage, though not a lot," he said. "I started doing this with [2003's] Led Zeppelin DVD and [the 2003 three-CD set] How the West Was Won, which was a superb live performance."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/blogs/alternate-take/jimmy-page-digs-up-substantial-rarities-for-new-led-zeppelin-remasters-20121126

I would not be surprised to see Coda carrying a lot of weight this time out. By keeping it in the catalogue as part of this project, and not moving the individual songs to their original era albums, this suggests that a decision was made to retain the marketing leverage of that album, rather than lose it. So, being that Coda was a fairly weak seller and not a fan favorite, I would be inclined to think that Jimmy is going to fill it full of riches to: 1) Keep fan interest in the whole catalogue, and Coda itself, and 2) to ensure that Coda is a solid seller. As the saying goes, save the best for last, and don't blow the bank at the outset. I am optimistic about CodW

Well I hope it does not become a in joke amongst us,that "where is this track" means "wait for Coda" because it will be a very big album..

I guess anything is possible, but Jimmy's New Year's announcement said only the first three would arrive this year, so I'm not planning on seeing them. And my wallet would prefer not to see them this year.

I thought he said the first three were scheduled to arrive this year, I don't believe he said the word "only". Unless you can find a quote that says that.

I would not be surprised to see Coda carrying a lot of weight this time out. By keeping it in the catalogue as part of this project, and not moving the individual songs to their original era albums, this suggests that a decision was made to retain the marketing leverage of that album, rather than lose it. So, being that Coda was a fairly weak seller and not a fan favorite, I would be inclined to think that Jimmy is going to fill it full of riches to: 1) Keep fan interest in the whole catalogue, and Coda itself, and 2) to ensure that Coda is a solid seller. As the saying goes, save the best for last, and don't blow the bank at the outset. I am optimistic about Coda.

I agree and just may happen! Makes a lot of sense as you said for marketing purposes. What we have already on Coda is not enough reason for me to buy it again. Something much more substantial MUST be included. I think JP will deliver on this!

What does everyone think about Coda and the possibilities of what may be included on it?

I thought he said the first three were scheduled to arrive this year, I don't believe he said the word "only". Unless you can find a quote that says that.

Jimmy said "It’s good news for the New Year. The first of the Led Zeppelin release—comprising of Led Zeppelin I [sic], Led Zeppelin II, Led Zeppelin III and their companion discs—will be released this year."

Does it say only? No. But his announcement was about setting the stage for 2014. If more than three were hitting this year, why limit the announcement? I give it a 5% chance that more than three show up this year.

Archived