DVD-EMERSON LAKE & PALMER’S LIVE IN CALIFORNIA 1974

DavidZoso

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER’S LIVE IN CALIFORNIA 1974 TO BE RELEASED BY SHOUT! FACTORY ON DECEMBER 11

Los Angeles, CA – Shout! Factory will release Emerson Lake & Palmer’s Live In California 1974 on CD on December 11. Recorded live on April 6, 1974, the California Jam took place at the Ontario Motor Speedway, in Ontario , CA . Live In California 1974 is the first official release of the legendary festival bootleg. Newly remastered, it includes new introductions written by Carl Palmer, Keith Emerson, and Greg Lake . The album includes performances of “Toccata,” “Lucky Man,” “Karn Evil 9,” “Pictures at an Exhibition,” and more!

Carl Palmer writes in his introduction, “My memory of the California Jam is extremely vivid to this day. The scale of the festival was the biggest we had ever played. To this day it remains the biggestaudience. The colossal amount of British talent that was on this bill I have not experienced since, anywhere else in the world. This was a monumental moment in the history of ELP and will always be remembered by myself with great pride. The performance of ELP speaks for itself and I hope that ELP fans will enjoy this moment when listening to the CD as much as I enjoyed playing on that very important day. Happy listening to this historicalmoment.”

Each Emerson Lake & Palmer album released by Shout! Factory has been remastered from the analog tapes using the highest sonic technology available.

Live In California 1974

1. Toccata (3:45)

2. Still…You Turn Me On (3:06)

3. Lucky Man (2:54)

4. Piano Improvisations (including “Fugue” and “Little Rock Getaway”) (9:48)

5. Take A Pebble (2:39)

6. Karn Evil 9, First Impression Part 2 (9:21)

7. Karn Evil 9, Third Impression (9:58)

8. Pictures At An Exhibition (10:29)

More information on ELP available at:

Shoutfactorystore.com

emersonlakepalmer.com

keithemerson.com

greglake.com

carlpalmer.com

It was hot, windy and miserable. Too many people...too many mediocre bands...horrible place for a concert. This was the end of ELP for me...they would never regain their footing and began their slide into nowheresville.

Black Sabbath and Deep Purple I barely remember as being okay...Sabbath just slightly better perhaps. The rest of the bands(didn't the Eagles play?) were on during the day, when I was mainly interested in keeping cool and keeping hydrated.

Cal Jam has never ranked among my fondest concert experiences.

Yes, the Eagles did play. That was at the beginning of their career. I don't remember seeing them. I must of been off to the latrines. That was quite a walk and wait. Being an all day event, it would be inevitable to have some not so popular bands.

Yes it was hot. I remember them passing out those gallon jugs to fill so everyone could stay hydrated in the heat. I also remember eating a lot of oranges, which caused me to have a couple of canker sores from all the citric acid.

Yep, too many people. Upwards of 200,000. I was half way between the stage and the first tower of speakers. Not great but not as bad as the people who were further back.

Some aspects of it weren't all that great, but it was my first concert my parents let me go to, so I will always have a fondness of being part of that experience.

Archived