Robert Plant to appear on new Primal Scream album

ProPlant

October 29, 2012 12:01

Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant to appear on new Primal Scream album

Led Zeppelin frontman records new tracks with band

Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant has confirmed that he has recorded tracks with Primal Scream for their new album.

PrimalScream-TomasCorreaArce-Proffessional.jpgThe acts have recorded together in the past, with Plant playing harmonica on 2002 track 'The Lord Is My Shotgun', taken from the band's 'Evil Heat' album. However, Plant has confirmed that he has recorded vocals for the band's new album, due for release in 2013.

Speaking to Mojo, Plant said he wants to carry on singing, but doesn't want to start a new band or embark on a full album. He said: "Everything we did back in those days and everything I have done since has been based on a fresh approach. What's going on? What can I be as a singer that doesn't play much That's how I see everything: what can I be a part of that's exciting? And if anybody's got any ideas then I'm always up for it." He added:

I sang a bit on the Primals stuff because I think their references on looking back on the glorious past and the way they bring them into the contemporary world are fantastic.

Bobby Gillespie also spoke to the magazine about his band's new LP, confirming that the album is produced by David Holmes and that Mark Stewart of The Pop Group will also appear. Comparing the new album to previous effort 'XTRMNTR', released in 2000, Gillespie said recording was going well: "People in bands saying: 'My hell making an album...' Who wants to listen to some cunt moaning about how sad they are? I think they're just fucking pussies... they're weak. I've no time for weak people."

• 3 months later...

Sounds very interesting! B)

Partial Hilarious Quote from the UCR article:

Said Scream guitarist Andrew Innes to the Daily Record, “Robert has a house near our studio [and] we see him in the post office all the time.” He continued, “It is weird to think, ‘Here’s the hammer of the gods coming.’ But you don’t want to be at the back of the post office queue with Robert Plant on pension day.”

:P

Stories below.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/robert-plant-primal-scream-collaboration/

http://www.music-news.com/shownews.asp?H=Primal-Scream-reveal-new-album-details&nItemID=62394

• 3 months later...

The current issue of Mojo has a review of the album, a brief interview with Bobby Gillespie and also a bit with Plant about how the whole collaboration came about. I haven't bought the album yet but soon, very soon.

Archived