Best drummers ever?

Rock Daily

Steve Jordan is really a guy to check out if you haven't already ! Incredible skills and amazing groove, and most important of all, great musical taste. He really knows what, how and when to play it !

Works like a charm with Pino Palladino :) ! (check out John Mayer Trio)

Steve Jordan is really a guy to check out if you haven't already ! Incredible skills and amazing groove, and most important of all, great musical taste. He really knows what, how and when to play it !

Works like a charm with Pino Palladino :) ! (check out John Mayer Trio)

Steve Jordan played on Keith Richards solo albums ,co-wrote most of the songs too

In no particular order except for John Bonham here is my list:

Number 1 John Bonham

- Jason Bonham (his O2 performance proved it once and for all)

- Jeff Burrows

- Buddy Rich

- Alex Van Halen

- Michael Lee

- Rick Allen (despite all of the jokes people make, what he did was incredible and any other drummer would not have found a solution)

- Phil Rudd

- Gene Krupa

- Denny Carmassi

- Charlie Watts

This is true! many times Paul would go back & re record ringo's drum parts.

Ringo was perfect for The Beatles..

Paul is also a very good drummer but he was not better than Ringo.

Paul, Buddy Rich .. nobody else could have played A Day In The Life or HeyJude etc...better than Ringo did..

Ringo was perfect for The Beatles..

Paul is also a very good drummer but he was not better than Ringo.

Paul, Buddy Rich .. nobody else could have played A Day In The Life or HeyJude etc...better than Ringo did..

But as I said recently to a friend, Ringo may not be the best drummer ever, but he is the richest I read somewhere. Ringo is laughing all the way to the bank on polls like this. I still think John's comment about Ringo not even being the best drummer in the Beatles is funny as hell.

• 2 weeks later...

The list is life! :^)

redrum,I'm not sure what you mean here?

My post meant that these polls and lists are subjective and can never really reach a conclusion.

I know it leans towards the rockers but Krupa, Rich & Bellson? :^)
My point exactly,subjectivity in action.The conversation goes around and around.

• 4 months later...

Carl Palmer should be #1 on that list. Just my never to be humble opinion.

Bless you, and all your progeny, for saying that :) I was never an ELP fan, but have become a slobbering Palmer devotee ever since seeing Carl's current band - a very powerful trio, no vocals - twice back in March. If you ever get a chance to see them, do so. They're fecking mind-blowing. The guitarist, Paul Bielatowicz, is especially impressive.

Zep tie-in: I didn't realize (or maybe just forgot) that Palmer and John Bonham knew each other. At a fan Q&A that I attended, Carl said that he recommended John as his replacement when he left Chris Farlowe's band. He also said that he and Bonham were the only pro drummers he was aware of who used stainless steel drums.

Archived