Besides "Fire" and "Take me home"...

hecube

I have had this Chicago '73 rehearsal since 1989. It was first reported to be the rehearsal for the Minneapolis -first show of 1975 tour. Mainly because it had them doing the Rover, Night Flight and The Wanton song, but it is from 1973. Thought it would fit in good with this thread- the guy did a good job on this Mockumentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDQacXmkvx4&feature=related

I have had this Chicago '73 rehearsal since 1989. It was first reported to be the rehearsal for the Minneapolis -first show of 1975 tour. Mainly because it had them doing the Rover, Night Flight and The Wanton song, but it is from 1973. Thought it would fit in good with this thread- the guy did a good job on this Mockumentary.

I love this rehearsal. Especially the Physical Graffiti stuff, but those covers of School Days and Love Me Like a Hurricane are pretty good too.

I love this rehearsal. Especially the Physical Graffiti stuff, but those covers of School Days and Love Me Like a Hurricane are pretty good too.

That lil mockementary- the guy just focused on those old songs- he didn't include The Rover, Night Flight or The Wanton Song. Bonzo loved those old songs and old soul records to. Good stuff.

The Rover-Chicago 7-6-73 Soundcheck

Night Flight-Chicago 7-6-73 Soundcheck

The Wanton Song 7-6-73 Soundcheck

Great thread! A few pieces here I've never head before.

OK experts, who is speaking during the last 10 seconds of the "John Paul Jones is produced by Mojo" track?

The man and child speaking? It sounds to me like Robert and one of his kids - assumedly Karac, based on the youth in his voice. (I guess it could also be Pagey and Scarlet.)

I'm hoping that some of the old rock tunes that they're known to have rehearsed come to light.

Yes, I meant the man & child speaking. Robert is the only one I ruled out, doesn't sound like him. Sorry for the thread drift, it's not really important, was just wondering.

It's all a matter of what pitch the recording is in - different bootleggers and fans have messed around with it. In that YouTube clip, it sounds more like Pagey - in the Scorpio set (IIRC) it sounds much more like Percy. It's bound to be one of those two, either way, and either Scarlet or Karac.

Unless they've found a higher fidelity version of that recording, I think the traded tape/the EVSD version is the best we'll get.

It's all a matter of what pitch the recording is in - different bootleggers and fans have messed around with it. In that YouTube clip, it sounds more like Pagey - in the Scorpio set (IIRC) it sounds much more like Percy. It's bound to be one of those two, either way, and either Scarlet or Karac.

That clip comes from the Scorpio set ;)

Love the Swan Song !!!! That Bass is Bewitching, and the whole song is Pure Zepp Mysticism and magic, have always loved it. and the fact that it's a rare unreleased track, contributes a lot to the unique atmosphere of this amazing piece page-jones art.

I love this one. Probably my favorite unreleased song of theirs that I've heard.

I love hearing all these songs also, but other than Swan Song and for me the acoustic blues medley I'm not sure these unreleased tracks are really up to the Zeppelin standard. I do not want to see their legacy watered down. I very much trust Page's judgment. I'm not convinced the majority of these unreleased tracks will be a part of the remastering release. Does anyone else share my concern?

P.S. what I'm really looking forward to hearing are the alternate versions of Friends and Four Sticks with the Indian musicians. I do hope this is cleaned up and included.

Archived