Besides "Fire" and "Take me home"...

hecube

If they are included in some sort of special box set I don't see it as watering down the legacy. At most I anticipate alternate mixes of songs, most of which we may already have.

Roger Waters "The Wall" demos can be painful/embarrassing to listen to at times and should have probably stayed unreleased, but to finally have them in decent quality is nice. I'm sure Page will only include the best examples of Zeppelin's session work.

The man and child speaking? It sounds to me like Robert and one of his kids - assumedly Karac, based on the youth in his voice. (I guess it could also be Pagey and Scarlet.)

I'm hoping that some of the old rock tunes that they're known to have rehearsed come to light.

It's and early version from 1972 of Hot on for nowhere.

Ok, am I the only one that's gonna say that you can't know if that's zeppelin or not? It doesn't even sound like Page playing guitar.

Can I be sure it's Zeppelin? Not really, but I really do think that it is. It comes from the Scorpio 12 disc set and is said to be from Olympic Sound Studios, Barnes, London, England Oct. 1968. There are other versions of the song with Page working with Jones to get the timing right. I could throw those up if you'd like.

The "JPJ Is Produced by" track is attributed to Headley Grange Studios, Hampshire, England Jan.-Feb. '74.

If they are included in some sort of special box set I don't see it as watering down the legacy. At most I anticipate alternate mixes of songs, most of which we may already have.

Roger Waters "The Wall" demos can be painful/embarrassing to listen to at times and should have probably stayed unreleased, but to finally have them in decent quality is nice. I'm sure Page will only include the best examples of Zeppelin's session work.

I'm not familiar with Rogers Waters "The Wall" demos, that sounds like the type of thing I started to get concerned about. I hope there are some amazing alternate versions that are much better than anything I've heard in this thread or on the Internet.

Also, other than the alternate versions of Friends and Four Sticks (which I love) I do not have any alternate mixes to reference. And as fun as it is listening to the unreleased tracks and alternate versions in this thread other than swan song , jennings farm blues, and the acoustic blues medley from what i've heard I respectfully don't think the other songs measure up to be on an official Zeppelin release.

I am more interested in quality than quantity. Amaze me, no need to inundate me. For me two to four quality alternate versions/unreleased tracks per album would be preferred.

But you stated it very well I am also sure Page will only include the best examples of Zeppelin session work and imho leave the rest on the cutting room floor.

Don't get me wrong, the demo stuff from The Wall is a holy grail to the Pink Floyd fan base. They are awesome because they are working demos (not entirely fleshed out). The lyrics are mainly what I find a problem with....let's just say I'm glad most of the lyrics were changed. Does this hurt Floyd's legacy? Not really. It just shows us how things progressed. Page being the perfectionist though...I don't think he would release rough demos.

What Jimmy has will be a major upgrade to anything we have as far as sound quality. If you are looking for performance quality as well, some of the tracks here won't do it. In these releases I would be looking for alternate mixes (alternate vocal take? Guitar solo? Little extra bits that were muted in the final mix?). The first time I heard the "Since I've Been Loving You" mixdown I fell in love with it. There's all sorts of noises and nuances that didn't make the final cut along with some extra vocalizations by Plant. Very cool stuff and very release worthy.

We need the alternate mix of "All My Love" with the complete guitar parts. DO IT, JIMMY! :P

Not only for the guitar parts, but for Plant's extra lyrics. The whole "I get a little bit lonely" part is so (in my opinion) emotionally touching and adds a lot to the song.

The "JPJ Is Produced by" track is attributed to Headley Grange Studios, Hampshire, England Jan.-Feb. '74.

Oh ok, I only assumed it was from 1972 because of JPJ's bass tone, wich is more reminiscent of his tone from 1971/72. It's in the same place as The Rover's bass tone, but if you say that it's from 74, I'll believe you!

It's in the same place as The Rover's bass tone, but if you say that it's from 74, I'll believe you!

I am just going by what the boot labels have as place and time. Here's what else we have from the same session: The Wanton Song, Take Me Home, In The Morning, Trampled Underfoot, Sick Again, The Rover (acoustic & vocal), Untitled Instrumental (funk-jazz rhythm exercise), In My Time Of Dying, Swan Song.

Not only for the guitar parts, but for Plant's extra lyrics. The whole "I get a little bit lonely" part is so (in my opinion) emotionally touching and adds a lot to the song.

Indeed! We also need every other outtake. Just sayin'. :P

I've listened to "In the Morning(In the Light)" about 10 times since this was posted. Robert singing lazily along to piano and then pow!

Let's see some more of that berg. I would love to offer something to the thread, instead of only taking, but "I got nuthin'".

Try finding some lossless copies - they'll blow the YT-quality uploads away. :)

Let's see some more of that berg. I would love to offer something to the thread, instead of only taking, but "I got nuthin'".

jb, look for the Led Zeppelin YouTube thread in this section and I believe you'll find many of these same clips plus many more outtakes that have been out there for years. Happy hunting.

jb, look for the Led Zeppelin YouTube thread in this section and I believe you'll find many of these same clips plus many more outtakes that have been out there for years. Happy hunting.

Thank you. I think I was aware of that thread but haven't spent a lot of time in it. I'm sure I will now.

Also, thank you to pe3. Appreciate it.

Here's hoping that Jimmy comes to his senses and leaves all of these old out-takes in the can where they belong.

Unless he wants to re-record these unfinished tunes with the rest of the Band to bring them up to par, (Zeppelin worthy).

Only then would most of these out-takes shed serious light on the past and add the final pieces to the puzzle.

If not - let these unfinished gems remain fragments of the Zeppelin mystique.

Here's hoping that Jimmy comes to his senses and leaves all of these old out-takes in the can where they belong. Unless he wants to re-record these unfinished tunes with the rest of the Band to bring them up to par, (Zeppelin worthy). Only then would most of these out-takes shed serious light on the past and add the final pieces to the puzzle. If not - let these unfinished gems remain fragments of the Zeppelin mystique.

Didn't you already go there in a separate thread? :lol:

Mystique?!? Christ, are you a 15 year old & the year is 1975? The band is over. The "mystique" is gone & should be, all the ridiculous myth making. What's left is the substance of the recorded output & now we have the opportunity to be given a history lesson on how these songs came to be. Should an unfinished Mozart piece not be heard? Should an unfinished Van Gogh not be seen? No, those examples have already been made available & not tarnished those artists legacy. If you don't want it, don't buy it. I want a history lesson from Jimmy Page on his bands music & hopefully that's what we are going to get with these releases. Leave the mystique nonsense to stoned rock "journalists" stuck in the 70's & teenagers who don't know any better.

Archived