Rolling Stone Special Zeppelin Magazine

The Rover

Hi

I have a feeling we will miss out, you can get the usual RS mags at WH Smiths, but I doubt this will be readily available in the UK except perhaps in the London area.

Andy

I've looked round Kingston Upon Thames - nothing. I'm hoping it will just be delayed though. If not, looks like the only way to get it is buy from the US :/

• 2 weeks later...

I got it a few days ago. It's a nice read, to have all of the info in one place. I knew almost everything in the magazine, so I didn't necessarly learn anything. There were a few pictures I've never seen, and there's the article about the bashing, and it's nice to have in my collection.

I got it a few days ago. It's a nice read, to have all of the info in one place. I knew almost everything in the magazine, so I didn't necessarly learn anything. There were a few pictures I've never seen, and there's the article about the bashing, and it's nice to have in my collection.

I bought this a few days ago and have only read bits and pieces of it so far. I also feel that I will have not learned anything "new" but it is nice to just have in my collection. Of course I will read it from beginning to end.

Besides the couple of O2 pictures included in this, I think the only picture I can say that I have never seen was the picture on page 75 of John Paul Jones sitting on one of those long beach lounge chairs playing a mandolin. The caption states, "John Paul Jones at the Cabana Hotel in Dallas, 1970".

I quit subscribing to Rolling Stone back in the 1970's when they still had some decent interviews and were printed like a large newspaper. Not enough in it to justify the cost which was high $$ even back then. However, I'd be interested in checking this issue out if only to add to my print collection on Zep.

My question is where do you find this? I checked Barnes and Noble, Target, and my local grocery store (it's got a large magazine area) and it was at none of the above. I wonder it they already sold out? Where did you guys pick up your copy? I could order it from the website I suppose, but not sure I want it that bad. Would like to see it first. Thanks......Missy :)

I've bought my copy the day before yesterday before catching my train home. At 15 euro's it was pretty pricey import. I do like it a lot... Nice pics I never seen before, no new insights whatsoever, but very entertaining and beautifully executed. Good job RS

My question is where do you find this? I checked Barnes and Noble, Target, and my local grocery store (it's got a large magazine area) and it was at none of the above. I wonder it they already sold out? Where did you guys pick up your copy? I could order it from the website I suppose, but not sure I want it that bad. Would like to see it first. Thanks......Missy :)

Hi missy,

I have seen it in Walmart.

Jimmy wouldn't want you to buy it.

That's funny bluecongo. But you know, if Jimmy would have seen fit to print up a few more copies of his deluxe autobiography so they wouldn't have sold out in a flash :o, then I might be satisfied. I missed the boat on that, but still like looking for other sources of pics and so forth on the band. :)

Missy, I have seen it at record stores, Barnes & Nobles, Target, CVS, Rite Aid, grocery markets like Ralphs, Vons, Gelson's, Albertson's, Whole Foods, and at every newstand around town.

PM me if you can't find one.

When I browsed thru it at the newsstand, I noticed at least a couple of misdated photos. The double-paged spread of them inside the limousine in L.A. is from June 1972. Rolling Stone has it dated 1971.

In the first article, it does a run through of the history of the band and its albums.

One part stood out. 'Houses of the Holy, the band's 1973 album, has been seen as among Led Zeppelin's lesser works..'

That is all it has to say on the album. No mention of any of the songs on there, it moves straight into Physical Graffiti.

Flabbergasted.

In the first article, it does a run through of the history of the band and its albums.

One part stood out. 'Houses of the Holy, the band's 1973 album, has been seen as among Led Zeppelin's lesser works..'

That is all it has to say on the album. No mention of any of the songs on there, it moves straight into Physical Graffiti.

Flabbergasted.

There are some great songs on that album. No Quarter, OTHAFA, The Rain Song, The Song Remains the Same, The Ocean... That's almost the whole album!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived