Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
thezepguy

The Genius Of "Coda"

Coda is very underrated. "Walter's Walk" alone is one of the HEAVIEST tracks Zep ever laid down and that's saying alot. The structure, the blistering riffs full of attitude and edge, vox, and drums are beyond menacing. There's not a bad track on Coda, they are all different. And to think these were LZ's outtakes...they're better than most other bands "main" material by a long shot. Great photos inside the album too.

I already said it's not the lyrics.

My apologies Sue, I missed that so I went back a bit and saw

your comment...my bad!

Robert had hidden many deep feelings in all his imagery...

'Sick Again'??????? One of the greatest album closers ever!

Some people are of that opinion I admit, mind you some people like the sound of nails running down a blackboard .... :D

My apologies Sue, I missed that so I went back a bit and saw

your comment...my bad!

Robert had hidden many deep feelings in all his imagery...

It's all good.

For me, LZ more associated with the experimental laboratory than the debugged manufacture. Out there are stellar moments, being changed, possibly, disappointments, but no top. The top is in a fog, it looks like not reachable, because "the song remain the same" and search is continues ...

Coda is very underrated. "Walter's Walk" alone is one of the HEAVIEST tracks Zep ever laid down and that's saying alot. The structure, the blistering riffs full of attitude and edge, vox, and drums are beyond menacing. There's not a bad track on Coda, they are all different. And to think these were LZ's outtakes...they're better than most other bands "main" material by a long shot. Great photos inside the album too.

And what a stylishly beautiful album cover... What a difference with those bland post Zep releases such as BBC, HTWWW, Mothership.