What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

As I knelt in prayer before holy communion at church this evening, it occurred to me that no matter how many times someone threatens a ban or how many times I delete an account, my Heavenly Father will always love me...

...even if I'm not in Nashville or do not pretend to adore the Grammy Awards...

...even if Robert Plant finds a new English girl...

...even if people are stupid and heartless...

...even if Spats never finds the hottie of his dreams...

That and my hairdresser did a really nice job this afternoon.

Edited by eternal light

As I knelt in prayer before holy communion at church this evening, it occurred to me that no matter how many times someone threatens a ban or how many times I delete an account, my Heavenly Father will always love me...

Where'd you find a hairdresser open on Sunday ?

I could use a little sprucing up myself !!

Damn fine, cheery post there ole girl. :)

Edited by Devil's Haircut

Christmas lights are up outdoors. Tree is beautiful. I actually wrapped all the gifts today (that's the biggest accomplishment).

I have a five day weekend coming up as well.

We could use a little snow here in Texas- it's a little warm for Christmas time. B)

1. I finished my work sample for my student teaching. This Friday is my last day in my student teaching internship, and then I graduate on the 19th!!!!! It's been an (extremely) long haul...and in 11 days, I will be a college graduate! It's about damned time!

2. I woke up early today and was quite productive overall...(I think)--at least all weekend, I was quite productive...

3. I had a homemade waffle with a pint of raspberries on it for breakfast this morning

4. I took a nice 7-mile walk along the river this afternoon/evening.

Edited by manderlyh

1. I finished my work sample for my student teaching. This Friday is my last day in my student teaching internship, and then I graduate on the 19th!!!!! It's been an (extremely) long haul...and in 11 days, I will be a college graduate! It's about damned time!

2. I woke up early today and was quite productive overall...(I think)--at least all weekend, I was quite productive...

3. I had a homemade waffle with a pint of raspberries on it for breakfast this morning

Ah, there's my answer. Congrats Mandy :cheer:

Completing your work sample is quite an accomplishment Manders. Congratulations on your (impending) graduation. :yay:

Your semesters must run for a longer period than ours. The students are on break for the most part here.

Hi eternal light!

This is really weird because I thought about Spats today at Mass for some unknown reason. As my mind was relaxed from the peace that I get from church, I was wondering how his double date went and how he needs to grow up alot and be open to new experiences and new people and not be so close-minded and worry about how he compares to his buddies in how many "hot" girls he can get, as if it is a contest. And how everyone is ugly when they get old, just look around, look how Jimmy's looks have faded. And I hope that it dosen't take too long for him to realize that what really matters in life is having someone who loves you above anything else, is dependable, is a good person, makes you laugh, and who would be a good mother/father to your children, as well as many other traits, not what the person looks like. And I looked at my husband next to me and I said a little thank you prayer for giving him to me.

And I said a little prayer for Spats, for him to find what he needs and what is good for him in a relationship, not what he has in his mind that he thinks that he wants, which would be a mistake if he ever got it.

I have never talked to Spats on this site before and don't want to get involved in the Spats Love Life thread, but I thought that your post was such a coincindence today. I have no idea why I thought of Spats, maybe it is because he needs our prayers for some unknown reason, and maybe they will help him.

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

Completing your work sample is quite an accomplishment Manders. Congratulations on your (impending) graduation. :yay:

Your semesters must run for a longer period than ours. The students are on break for the most part here.

Yeah..the stupid school decided last year that they wanted the state universities' schedules to mesh with the local K-12 schools. So...now, instead of having the entire month of December to bust your butt to earn money for Christmas gifts, now my family doesn't get any at all.

Stupid schools. :rolleyes:

It used to be that we were out the first week of December. Last year, it was like three days before Christmas, this year it is one more...but I remember last year, I was managing a grocery store, taking 21 credits and working at TWO internships...my aunt got a bit bitchy to me when I said I was tired, and I started bawling at the dinner table. (She said she had been there--she even worked at the same company as I had throughout college, but she had the most basic job in the store--NOT a grocery store management position.)

I had NO time between finals and working 58 hours the week before Christmas. In fact, I was working 10-hour days the week before finals at school at my job on top of the internships and school; then I had to work 10-hour days at my job during finals; finally, I had to work 10 hour weeks after finals. I was stressed-out to the max. (Thank God I don't have to do that this year...I guess that makes me happy!) :D

Hi eternal light!

This is really weird because I thought about Spats today at Mass for some unknown reason. As my mind was relaxed from the peace that I get from church, I was wondering how his double date went and how he needs to grow up alot and be open to new experiences and new people and not be so close-minded and worry about how he compares to his buddies in how many "hot" girls he can get, as if it is a contest. And how everyone is ugly when they get old, just look around, look how Jimmy's looks have faded. And I hope that it dosen't take too long for him to realize that what really matters in life is having someone who loves you above anything else, is dependable, is a good person, makes you laugh, and who would be a good mother/father to your children, as well as many other traits, not what the person looks like. And I looked at my husband next to me and I said a little thank you prayer for giving him to me.

And I said a little prayer for Spats, for him to find what he needs and what is good for him in a relationship, not what he has in his mind that he thinks that he wants, which would be a mistake if he ever got it.

I have never talked to Spats on this site before and don't want to get involved in the Spats Love Life thread, but I thought that your post was such a coincindence today. I have no idea why I thought of Spats, maybe it is because he needs our prayers for some unknown reason, and maybe they will help him.

Hi, Buck'eye' Doc'-That is a coincidence.

Edited by eternal light

A friend of mine sent me quotes from the Dalai Lama and here are two of the them:

Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk - just live your dream.

Live a good honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.