What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Thanks, you guys! My parents have been married almost 38 years and this has been the first year they've been married and didn't have a dog. So.....when my dad did the grocery shopping he saw an ad for some basset hound puppies being sold by a breeder about 30 or so miles from here. So later, he and my sister went and bought the dog while my mom was taking a nap and surprised her with him! Next week we're getting him his harness for when we take him for walks, and making his vet appointment since he's due for another set of puppy shots.

Cute puppy,Electrophile... enjoy him! Teddy as in Teddy bear sounds cute, :) I always wanted a miniature collie or a cocker spaniel. Maybe when my daughter is a couple years older and can help take care of her.

Happy that after being off almost a week now, i still have more than a week off ahead of me! Had great fun swimming and especially watching my daughter swim better and better every day! We went in the five feet and she swam and was able to tread water so well!She also jumps in the deep water and i don't have to catch her! Seriously considering swim team in the next year or two.

sheltie%202%20800.jpg

That sounds cool - did he make it or you don't know yet?

He was third in this level. Only two go to the next step though. This was his first competition. He's 17, has been self taught over the past three years and just started a few (3)lessons. His progress so far is on his natural ability. I recorded the event. He rocks. B)

He was third in this level. Only two go to the next step though. This was his first competition. He's 17, has been self taught over the past three years and just started a few (3)lessons. His progress so far is on his natural ability. I recorded the event. He rocks. B)

That's awesome!! Cheers :beer:

Electrophile, he's freakin' adorable!

I spend part of the afternoon yesterday looking at the humane society's webpage, trying to talk Dave into a dog.

I think I need to just drag him to the freakin' pound. We are dog lovers, and we need one, dangit!

I am happy that my car is finally clean again. I was feeling a bit embarrased on how dirty it was :bagoverhead: , if any one said anything I was gonna say I was doing my part for water conservation. I needed to have a clean car since my Mom and her new husband are coming from Florida to visit next week and I will be on vacation :yay: . My Mom is 70 and her new hubby is 82. I think its great that they can find love at this stage of their lives.

I washed my car on Friday. I took it to the full-service car wash and everything.

...it rained last night. Meh.

Oh well--at least the inside's nice and clean now, right?

RIGHT! Even if it only lasts a short while it makes you feel good driving around in a clean shiny car.

Our brand new puppy!!

52961209593716006111360.jpg

Meet Theodore Roosevelt.....Teddy if he's not being a trouble-maker. LOL

What a cute dog!

So what made me happy today (well technically yesterday)...friends, alcohol, and Pictionary. Put it all together and you get one hell of a good time.

Edited by Zepulon

Wow, you're going back a bit. I remember that episode. I think I have that on an old VHS somewhere. The Young Ones even had Motorhead doing Ace Of Spades one time, as I'm sure you know. :)

haha, yes, i bought my partner the dvd box set with all the episodes. we still crack up everytime we watch them, even though we know what's gonna happen .... lol love those guys. have you seen guest house paradiso? that's a movie rik mayall and adrian edmondson made. it's not as good, but still funny in parts. the bits where those two are fighting in the kitchen is really funny.

I deep cleaned my kitchen today. It's spotless! It hasn't been this clean in a while. I literally scrubbed down and oiled my cupboards, scrubbed the kitchen floor with a scrub brush and then put floor wax down, wiped out drawers and cupboards, cleaned the top of the fridge, washed windows, scrubbed the sink with sink polish, etc.

It's nice! :D

I also dusted and vacuumed my entire upstairs part of the house, and the laundry's almost totally done.

It's nice to have a nice, clean house Sunday night so you don't have to clean up Monday evening. ;)

My best friend cast me as Keira Knightley in a "Who would play you in a movie" thingy on Facebook, yay! I just put on a bunch of makeup to see if I really did look anything like her, lol, since she's always got the smoky-eye thing going on. Eh, I think my friend's taking some artistic liberties, hehe, but I'll take the compliment!

today was the first day of spring. we have been having springlike weather for a few weeks now. i don't really like the summer, it gets quite hot here, but spring and autumn are just lovely.

and i am looking forward to two weeks holiday soon.

Fully deserved as well. Enjoy them Slave !

today was the first day of spring. we have been having springlike weather for a few weeks now. i don't really like the summer, it gets quite hot here, but spring and autumn are just lovely.

and i am looking forward to two weeks holiday soon.

Hi Slave, i envy you... i wish spring was starting all over again here :) Even with the heat of the summer, sure beats the cold winters! Have a great holiday! Any plans? My holiday has five more days to go. Enjoying every minute!

Happy to have relaxed all day now heading out to the swim club. If it's too cold to swim, lots of playgrounds for my daughter to run around!

I just got my purple hard-plastic case for my 13" MacBook Pro today!

I snapped it on, and it's official! I own a purple computer!

It also matched my purple Nano. Hey. Who said you can't have everything matching?

(Actually, it's more the fact that I'm a total freakin' klutz that convinced me to pay the $45 for the plastic cover--don't wanna ruin my new computer, right? I have a snap-on clear case for my Nano.)

I haven't had a Marlborough since the 19th. Almost 2 weeks, so now were getting somewhere. I have only been smoking about 3-4 self-rolled cigarettes a day, and the tobacco is additive free. I couldn't quit cold-turkey because I just started back to school. This is my final and hardest semester before I graduate, and I didn't want to blow it by not being able to concentrate from withdrawals.

thanks ally and tangerine! :)

my partner is taking the same two weeks off work, and we are planning to take my youngest to the sydney zoo, a ferry ride, a day at luna park ( amusement park ) and also a trip to my home town to visit relatives who haven't seen my son since he was about two. then in the 2nd week ( my son will be back at school ), my partner and i are going to head further up the coast and visit with a couple of friends and stay a few days with my cousin who lives right on the beach. the weather should be just right by then. i am really looking forward to this, i haven't had a holiday for about two years!

thanks ally and tangerine! :)

my partner is taking the same two weeks off work, and we are planning to take my youngest to the sydney zoo, a ferry ride, a day at luna park ( amusement park ) and also a trip to my home town to visit relatives who haven't seen my son since he was about two. then in the 2nd week ( my son will be back at school ), my partner and i are going to head further up the coast and visit with a couple of friends and stay a few days with my cousin who lives right on the beach. the weather should be just right by then. i am really looking forward to this, i haven't had a holiday for about two years!

Sounds like such fun! The vacation on the beach is what i consider paradise :) Have a great time, slave!

I got to play tennis with my daughter today. We had so much fun!

Sounds like such fun! The vacation on the beach is what i consider paradise :) Have a great time, slave!

I got to play tennis with my daughter today. We had so much fun!

Oh, that sounds like fun! :) (Tried to send you a PM; think your box is full?)