What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Chillumpuffer would beg to differ.

Sure do !!

Kasey is into her 2nd week and she is motoring. I am going to pinch out the new growth for a more bushy effect this time. Her late sister is now ready and it's fantastic. Perfect for summer, the buds are sweet and fruity with an orange note. As we say around here - Laughing tackle :lol:

the arrival of my Rival Sons cd Before The Fire ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh you can say I`m

HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPY

get busy living, or get busy DIEING

Mother's Day is a day of reflection for me, as I'm sure it is for all children. Yes, I think of my mom on this day, though I consider her feelings daily, and try my best to show my gratitude for her dedication and unconditional love. But I also I think about the worst Mother's Day I ever had. I think about my freak accident; the shock, the incompetent nurses who were letting me bleed to death. I think about the moment I was preparing to give in to unconsciousness when, as if heaven sent, I saw my beautiful mother through the hospital window and was reminded of why I needed to hang on. And I think about the paramedic, who was actually a working blues harpist, and how we talked of music, and how his heart was so kind, working very hard to give me hope...

I think about all the time that has passed since then; how that accident made me a prisoner at a job I already hated, the inconsiderate people, the jokes, the severe depression, the fear, the yearning, all the obstacles and how my stubborn-ass was yet another instance of proof for the medical community of when you love something so much, you can do anything you set your mind to, even if your body is telling you 'no'.

And I think about how it was all worth it, because as much as I thought I had lost that day, I gained and grew in ways I'm not sure I would have without that freak accident on Mother's Day,

That day has impaired me only to empower me. Being able to look back on it all without feeling sorry for myself, and really knowing that misery is actually a blessing in disguise, the ability to move forwards instead lingering in the past makes me very happy today.

Mother's Day is a day of reflection for me, as I'm sure it is for all children. Yes, I think of my mom on this day, though I consider her feelings daily, and try my best to show my gratitude for her dedication and unconditional love. But I also I think about the worst Mother's Day I ever had. I think about my freak accident; the shock, the incompetent nurses who were letting me bleed to death. I think about the moment I was preparing to give in to unconsciousness when, as if heaven sent, I saw my beautiful mother through the hospital window and was reminded of why I needed to hang on. And I think about the paramedic, who was actually a working blues harpist, and how we talked of music, and how his heart was so kind, working very hard to give me hope...

I think about all the time that has passed since then; how that accident made me a prisoner at a job I already hated, the inconsiderate people, the jokes, the severe depression, the fear, the yearning, all the obstacles and how my stubborn-ass was yet another instance of proof for the medical community of when you love something so much, you can do anything you set your mind to, even if your body is telling you 'no'.

And I think about how it was all worth it, because as much as I thought I had lost that day, I gained and grew in ways I'm not sure I would have without that freak accident on Mother's Day,

That day has impaired me only to empower me. Being able to look back on it all without feeling sorry for myself, and really knowing that misery is actually a blessing in disguise, the ability to move forwards instead lingering in the past makes me very happy today.

that is an amazing story, sunshine. ♥

well done you for having that attitude :)

Strider, I can only wonder if you were well stuffed at the buffet at that party

(taxidermy...stuffed..geddit? Oh never mind I'll get my coat)

No, don't...please stay. If it helps, I did laugh. :D

Son helped me set up new turntable (getting ready for LZ reissues!!) and we played two 45s..my mom's Johnny B Goode (Chuck Berry) and my Rocket Man (Elton John). Those records haven't seen a turntable for 30+ years!! Good stuff!!