What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Every other Friday, I treat myself to a frappuccino from Starbucks, so I'll be getting one this evening. I don't allow myself many luxuries, but that's one of them. My sister laughs at me for spending $6 on a coffee drink, but it's good, and I only do it 2-3 times a month. I don't think that's that bad. I know people who get multiple drinks from Starbucks every day. I wish I had that kind of scratch. LOL

I met a girl at the bar last night.  She was a bit of a dog, but she had a great personality.  She was well behaved, a good listener, and kept her political views to herself.  She wasn't vaccinated (at least against covid), but I couldn't hold that against her.  I was thinking of asking her out, but she already had a boyfriend that kept a pretty tight leash on her.  When you reach my age, it seems like all the good ones are taken, 

20211208_171557.jpg

3 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

I met a girl at the bar last night.  She was a bit of a dog, but she had a great personality.  She was well behaved, a good listener, and kept her political views to herself.  She wasn't vaccinated (at least against covid), but I couldn't hold that against her.  I was thinking of asking her out, but she already had a boyfriend that kept a pretty tight leash on her.  When you reach my age, it seems like all the good ones are taken, 

20211208_171557.jpg

She sounds like the loyal type, But I'll bet if you feed her, she'd be all yours 😛

On 12/11/2021 at 9:12 AM, 1975NQ said:

She sounds like the loyal type, But I'll bet if you feed her, she'd be all yours 😛

Damn right and the worse thing she could do is eat your slippers and possibly shat on the floor. Compared to what the alternative could be, seems like a real win to me 😉 

5 hours ago, Electrophile said:

This iced coffee from Dunkin' Donuts is pretty GD good. Getting to spend time with my sister was even better.

It's always great to spend time with family, even when it's not. Family is something to cherish, warts and all because it all goes by way too fast.

Appreciate the little moments

On 12/12/2021 at 4:06 PM, BobDobbs said:

It's always great to spend time with family, even when it's not. Family is something to cherish, warts and all because it all goes by way too fast.

Appreciate the little moments

That's some real life talk right there. True words, time flies by.

36 minutes ago, Electrophile said:

My mom is currently in the hospital, and finding out she's doing a lot better has taken a load off my mind. Also, tomorrow is Friday which means donuts for breakfast, and that never fails to perk me up a little.

I'll include your Mom in my prayers.....glad she's doing better.

36 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

I'll include your Mom in my prayers.....glad she's doing better.

She's got a lot of health issues, but as my dad likes to say...she's a tough old broad. A lot of people younger than her would have given up or packed it in by now, but she's not ready to quit annoying us. LOL

33 minutes ago, Electrophile said:

She's got a lot of health issues, but as my dad likes to say...she's a tough old broad. A lot of people younger than her would have given up or packed it in by now, but she's not ready to quit annoying us. LOL

Sounds like my mom lol. Glad to hear she's doing better. Also - donuts make life just a little bit better for everyone lol. They were always my favorite as a kid, and I still have them a couple times a month. Lemon-filled and chocolate cake for the win. 

13 hours ago, redrum said:

I was able to sleep last night without pain for the first time in a month. A pinched nerve is a bitch. 

That sounds brutal. The things we take for granted ... especially getting good sleep. Glad to hear it's doing better.

5 hours ago, Walter said:

Getting together with family and celebrating my niece graduating from medical school. 

Oh no, another minion of Bill Gates and Dr. Fauci trying to snatch our souls! 🤪

Congrats to your niece!

Edited by Strider

On 12/18/2021 at 1:34 AM, Strider said:

In the neck? What painkillers do they have you on?

My left arm. I took some hydocodone and prednisolone?? All done with that. The pain in my upper arm is gone now, but my forearm and 2 fingers are still a bit numb and tingly. 

My gf and her family really, really love their cat. It's a quintessential house cat. Has one of those faces that says: "I'm useless and have no clue - but am also worshipped". This cat gets presents every year, I kid you not. Don't get me wrong, I love all animals, but the whole thing is really comical.