What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Got to hear my son's voice for the first time in 5 months :)

What a beautiful Christmas gift, dzldoc!

I'm happy i am off work now the next few days, after two very busy days spent at work. Christmas just never feels the same when you can't be home with your family.

Good shopping deals made me happy! I was really torn though; a record store was going out of business and everything was 50% off. I walked around for about 45 minutes with both a Jimi Hendrix (orig. $59) and Janis Joplin (orig. $49) boxed set in my hand.

I felt like lz.com was sitting on one shoulder telling me to buy it, and my conscience was saying "you need work clothes instead!". I wanted it, but I really needed work clothes. :( So I set them back down and for the $58 I would have paid, I got 2 pair of dress pants, 4 sweaters, a fleece and a festive top.

If I go back tomorrow and find them for 75% off though... :unsure:

This was the very best Christmas of my whole life. My daughter(34) and her husband have been having some medical problems late this year and missed a lot of work, she would never mention it too me but I knew that they had to be short of cash for Christmas and my grand kids probably wouldn't receive much (we are a small family) . So I took it on my self to send her a non Christmas card (us adults normally don't exchange gifts) with a check for as much as I could afford to send about the the middle of November. Hearing her reaction to how she felt about it made this the best Christmas of my life. At one point she said "without you ,dad, the kids wouldn't have had a Christmas"

Thanks for reading my story.

Happy New Year, UB

Edited by Uncle Bill

This was the very best Christmas of my whole life. My daughter(34) and her husband have been having some medical problems late this year and missed a lot of work, she would never mention it too me but I knew that they had to be short of cash for Christmas and my grand kids probably wouldn't receive much (we are a small family) . So I took it on my self to send her a non Christmas card (us adults normally don't exchange gifts) with a check for as much as I could afford to send about the the middle of November. Hearing her reaction to how she felt about it made this the best Christmas of my life. At one point she said "without you ,dad, the kids wouldn't have had a Christmas"

Thanks for reading my story.

Happy New Year, UB

I had a similar situation. Sent money to the elder kids, bought a boat for hubby, a car for the youngest. I think I made their day in most situations- at least I really tried to.

My best friend's family came for Christmas dinner, we had some margaritas... everything was perfect.

Happy holidays to everyone. :santa:

I had a similar situation. Sent money to the elder kids, bought a boat for hubby, a car for the youngest. I think I made their day in most situations- at least I really tried to.

My best friend's family came for Christmas dinner, we had some margaritas... everything was perfect.

Happy holidays to everyone. :santa:

What kind of boat? What kind of car? (2 of my interests)

watching my daughter at 3 yrs old playing and larfing watching her try to teach me how to sing beacuse she is the bestest in the wourld and hanna montana has showen her how to sing like a pop star and dance to so she tryes to tell me i gotta do it like hannnna motanna

so i sing going to callafornia she shuts it down with the best of boath wourlds hanna montana i listen to silly music she listens to the best music but we do have a song thats right we do have OUR SONG DADDYS AND EMILYS SONG IS iam just a soul whos intensions are good oh lord please dont let me be miss under stood ..well thats what she seys the animals..........its a good larf happyness is what you are to me thats my little girl :flyakite::lol:

It's quite mild out and i am going to treat myself to a bento bo dinner at my favorite sushi place. Not an ideal Saturday Night out but better than nothing i guess.

So you only spend money on yourself.....no wonder you are lonely!

If your ego is not as big as you say...why the hell do you feed it?

(Just one question.....are you too fat?) (If so there is a remedy)

Edited by reswati

So you only spend money on yourself.....no wonder you are lonely!

If your ego is not as big as you say...why the hell do you feed it?

(Just one question.....are you too fat?) (If so there is a remedy)

I spend a lot of money on myself. It's different than spending money on a potential girlfriend. The money i spend on myself will never go to waste. There ios the potential of that on a date. You never know how that will turn out.

No i am not fat. I am 170lbs. I have never been one to gain weight. I can eat and eat and eat and eat and i will not gain weight.

I spend a lot of money on myself. It's different than spending money on a potential girlfriend. The money i spend on myself will never go to waste. There ios the potential of that on a date. You never know how that will turn out.

You never know, but you are seemingly too chicken and/or greedy to ever find out.

No i am not fat. I am 170lbs. I have never been one to gain weight. I can eat and eat and eat and eat and i will not gain weight.

Speak to you when you are 40 and balloon sized......have a steak on me and on all the women you have missed (If necessary I and/or a woman in Holland will pay for you by Paypal)

You never know, but you are seemingly too chicken and/or greedy to ever find out.

Speak to you when you are 40 and balloon sized......have a steak on me and on all the women you have missed (If necessary I and/or a woman in Holland will pay for you by Paypal)

There is nothing wrong with splitting the bill when you are getting to know someone. It's not a crime. It's not as if i am expecting them to pay for me. Why is everyone so old fashioned?????

I might have a problem with weight in my forties but i am not going to worry about that now. If i find that i start packing some on i will cut back.

There is nothing wrong with splitting the bill when you are getting to know someone. It's not a crime. It's not as if i am expecting them to pay for me. Why is everyone so old fashioned?????

Your ego still bugs you, why are you afraid to share any cent at all? If you are afraid of getting used, just realize that women are afraid of getting used as well. Be it not money-wise then it could be in a lot of different ways.

Love is about sharing, be cool enough to share what you have.....love, charisma, discussions, brains, possessions........

Your way til now has brought you nothing but dissatisfaction.....before you try to change others, change yourself first!