What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

What kind of boat? What kind of car? (2 of my interests)

The boat is a 21.5 foot Bay Hawk- a center console fishing boat. No Cabin Cruiser for first boat here (LOL). Later maybe- after this one gets some dings from the captain learning to moor it. ;)

The car is a Honda Accord.

I had planned for the boat to be a total surprise- complete with a "treasure map" and the key for him to find it on Christmas day. My son was so excited that his dad was getting a boat that he let the secret out.

I didn't let either of them know about the car, since one of my secrets was out already.

I thrilled them both.

B)

The boat is a 21.5 foot Bay Hawk- a center console fishing boat. No Cabin Cruiser for first boat here (LOL). Later maybe- after this one gets some dings from the captain learning to moor it. ;)

The car is a Honda Accord.

I had planned for the boat to be a total surprise- complete with a "treasure map" and the key for him to find it on Christmas day. My son was so excited that his dad was getting a boat that he let the secret out.

I didn't let either of them know about the car, since one of my secrets was out already.

I thrilled them both.

B)

:o I need to find me a Ms Santa :lol:

A phone call from a friend asking about a band (the Gaslight Anthem) that we had been talking about just a few weekends ago. It's funny because just yesterday I had the CD in my hands while visiting the local record store. I've been seeing it on several year end top ten lists (from fans, not critics) but haven't gotten around to checking them out yet so I passed on the CD. Interest has kind of reached fever pitch lately so I decided to just take a chance on it without even hearing it. Turns out it's not a bad CD at all. Maybe not top ten material for me but well worth the $12 investment. I've been having a bit of a rough time of it lately with both health and personal issues so the phone call helped remind me of who I am, a self confessed music geek. Somehow I needed to be reminded of that. In her honor, after I picked up the CD I also purchased High Fidelity (a music geek movie for music geeks if ever there was one) and the newly released book 1,000 Recordings To Hear Before You Die to read on a road trip I'm taking tomorrow.

A phone call from a friend asking about a band (the Gaslight Anthem) that we had been talking about just a few weekends ago. It's funny because just yesterday I had the CD in my hands while visiting the local record store. I've been seeing it on several year end top ten lists (from fans, not critics) but haven't gotten around to checking them out yet so I passed on the CD. Interest has kind of reached fever pitch lately so I decided to just take a chance on it without even hearing it. Turns out it's not a bad CD at all. Maybe not top ten material for me but well worth the $12 investment. I've been having a bit of a rough time of it lately with both health and personal issues so the phone call helped remind me of who I am, a self confessed music geek. Somehow I needed to be reminded of that. In her honor, after I picked up the CD I also purchased High Fidelity (a music geek movie for music geeks if ever there was one) and the newly released book 1,000 Recordings To Hear Before You Die to read on a road trip I'm taking tomorrow.

High Fidelity is a great movie! I have the book too I'm going to read when I finish up the series I'm currently involved in.

Off work until Friday. I also went to Bath and Body Works and did a little splurging. I got 3 different kinds of bubble bath and a bottle of lotion, all for just $18.90!! Thank goodness for sales!! :D

That's awesome; I love that store! :)

Tomorrow we're leaving for our skiing vacation in the alps!!! Yippie!

Oh how fun! :) One day before I get too old I would love to ski in the alps! :)

That's awesome; I love that store! :)

That is my big "splurge" for the holidays, LOL. I went to a couple of other B&B Works stores when I was out of town, but the lines were soooo long, so I waited to go to the one in my hometown and lucked out. They have all those great sales, I can see why the lines were so long! :D

It is the weekend, although I go back to work Monday (took an extra day off today) after having the week off for Christmas and New Year's.

Edited by Melanie_72

Your ego still bugs you, why are you afraid to share any cent at all? If you are afraid of getting used, just realize that women are afraid of getting used as well. Be it not money-wise then it could be in a lot of different ways.

Love is about sharing, be cool enough to share what you have.....love, charisma, discussions, brains, possessions........

Your way til now has brought you nothing but dissatisfaction.....before you try to change others, change yourself first!

:goodpost:

Right on reswati! :)

SteinMart :) I got a scarf similar to the one I saw and wanted on my last trip, although I had to pay $26.99. :o

The scarf I went in for looked like this; only in different colors (chartreuse green, pink, blue, cream); I wanted it to go with a chartreuse sweater I got there last trip:

http://www.boscovs.com/StoreFrontWeb/Produ...mp;type=Product

Unfortunately they were out of those scarves (they had hats/gloves) but had a different Steve Madden scarf in a similar color scheme (black, chartreuse, lavender, turquoise) that's longer, with crocheted circles stitched together and fringies, so I bought that one. I can't find a picture anywhere on the 'net though!

SteinMart :) I got a scarf similar to the one I saw and wanted on my last trip, although I had to pay $26.99. :o

The scarf I went in for looked like this; only in different colors (chartreuse green, pink, blue, cream); I wanted it to go with a chartreuse sweater I got there last trip:

http://www.boscovs.com/StoreFrontWeb/Produ...mp;type=Product

Unfortunately they were out of those scarves (they had hats/gloves) but had a different Steve Madden scarf in a similar color scheme (black, chartreuse, lavender, turquoise) that's longer, with crocheted circles stitched together and fringies, so I bought that one. I can't find a picture anywhere on the 'net though!

In a nutshell~Shopping! ^_^

Gotta love women 100+ words to describe what a man can say in 1 :lol:

Listening to Breakfast with The Beatles on WMGK this morning driving home from work. Also got to hear my favorite Beatles song "The Long and Winding Road", thank you Andre!

Happy i don't have to work again for 4 days!!!

and it's a beautiful, sunny day!

Oh where did you dine? What did you order? Sounds good. Oh and how was the date? lol...

http://www.acmeoyster.com/#wfq

I had a marinated grilled shrimp po-boy and she had cajun sushi =The New New Orleans Specialty! Half Shell Oysters served with Wasabi, Tabasco Soy Sauce and Chopsticks.

Went very well, something new hadn't been to the Quarter in years. :)

http://www.acmeoyster.com/#wfq

I had a marinated grilled shrimp po-boy and she had cajun sushi =The New New Orleans Specialty! Half Shell Oysters served with Wasabi, Tabasco Soy Sauce and Chopsticks.

Went very well, something new hadn't been to the Quarter in years. :)

Sounds good. I ate there once or twice. I remember having a shrimp platter there. I think i also had a late dinner there at the bar. Your lunch sounds good, i wouldn't eat what your date had. Glad you had a nice time!

Sounds good. I ate there once or twice. I remember having a shrimp platter there. I think i also had a late dinner there at the bar. Your lunch sounds good, i wouldn't eat what your date had. Glad you had a nice time!

Women always seem to eat light on a first date :rolleyes: