What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I kind of understand. But you dont live in the harsh climates like me. If your car breaks down and its below zero, a cell phone can save your life. And what if someone you are close to has an emergency and needs to get in touch? I think the argument for having no cell phone in this day and age is a dead issue. The cameras take the pic and can be sent instantly. Hell. Thank God we had cell phones for the Led Zepp reunion! Or how long would we have had to wait to get the shots?

All of that is understood. If I leave the house now and forget my cellphone I'll definitely turn around and go get it but we got by without cellphones for years. Still, I don't take mine in with me to clubs or movie theatres. If I do, I at least have the courtesy to put it on vibrate so I don't disturb others. There's few things I hate worse than some asswipe walking around a club yapping on their cellphone or hearing one go off during the middle of a concert or movie. I have no doubt they've helped save many a life but that really wasn't my point. As for the photos sent during the Zep reunion show, that just shows how spoiled some of us have become with all of the modern conveniences at our fingertips. Sure, it's cool but it's not like they wouldn't have showed up eventually in all of the reports in music magazines about the concert. Hell, I haven't even heard that show yet, all I've done is watch a few clips from it on YouTube.

Edited by Jahfin

Well the teenagers that are on the damb cell phones 24/7 and revolve their life around them do piss me off too. Its such bullshit. When we were growing up we went out and did things like play sports or went ice skating, etc. Now these teenagers are getting fat sitting at their computers talking to ten people at once and textiing on their cells at school. so to that degree, I agree with you totally.

:huh: You mean like this?

amike.jpg

Finding my wallet on the side of the road after it'd flown off last night in the rain on a bend in the freeway. After filing a police report, I retraced my route (did last night too, but it was too dark), and low and behold there it was. It'd been run over numerous times, kicked off the road but everything was still in it...my money, license, social security card etc. !!!!

Yahoo !!!

I went back to the PD dept. and showed them my muddy wallet with all contents intact. They were happy and so was I !!! :D

It's about beer thirty, so I feel like celebrating. Gonna have a few, surf around, and keep up with the Titans football game on foxsports instant game report. I don't have a TV. Hell, my trailer barely held together in last nights wind, besides the neighbors letting their dog shit all over my yard and lettin' all their trash blow over into it too.

Not really, I live in a mansion. B)

my brother and sis in law are in -peru with their son and today while they were on the phone he was having a temper tantrum and when they put the phone to his ear, i was able to stop his little ol temper by saying hello and talking to him a bit.

Ahhh...an opiate for the little boy.

Nice charming there Todd.

hey joel, thanks for the pm explaining, but that just was very weird man. sorry, its a public forum, had to address this cause its strange.

S'ok. I figure if I'm outed and they want me gone, I'll be gone. I just like to contribute here and post along old friends. Yukon Cornelius had said I can speak for myself as we've both been banned several times, but ya know, we're both cornerstones here and can put our past in our past and move on. I just wish others could too. Maybe they are.

Let bygones be bygones and love the Zep and all other manner of life as well....

Whadaya say ?

:D

S'ok. I figure if I'm outed and they want me gone, I'll be gone. I just like to contribute here and post along old friends. Yukon Cornelius had said I can speak for myself as we've both been banned several times, but ya know, we're both cornerstones here and can put our past in our past and move on. I just wish others could too. Maybe they are.

Let bygones be bygones and love the Zep and all other manner of life as well....

Whadaya say ?

:D

alright man, i understand and hope you can stay and participate. i just got freaked out from someone mentioning me by name, who i dont even know...you understand that, right.

peace

my brother and sis in law are in -peru with their son and today while they were on the phone he was having a temper tantrum and when they put the phone to his ear, i was able to stop his little ol temper by saying hello and talking to him a bit.

so you made the little guy happy, your brother, his wife, yourself...well done, middlezep! :D

alright man, i understand and hope you can stay and participate. i just got freaked out from someone mentioning me by name, who i dont even know...you understand that, right.

peace

PEACE..YES !!

I DO understand, and surely you knew it was someone who knew you. :)

We go way back. cool runnings and utmost joy to you my friend.