What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I got tickets to see Fleetwood Mac this morning!! :cheer: I'm so excited. I can't wait 'til November. I saw them back in '03 and they were amazing. I promised myself that if they came back to the UK again I'd drag my boyfriend along. He's actually pretty excited about it too!! Yay! :cheer:

that's cool LDW! love fleetwood mac, never got to see them either. who's in the line up these days?

:cheer: That's great LDW!!!!! I've actually never seen them :o Bummer it's not until November though :lol: But something to look forward to!

I know! I'm so excited - I don't know how I'll be able to last 'til November. If they do a second tour of America, I would really recommend going. They're a fab band.

that's cool LDW! love fleetwood mac, never got to see them either. who's in the line up these days?

Same line up as the Rumours era - Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood. Christine McVie left back in '97, but they still do some of her stuff. I'm not sure if they're going beyond Europe, but it would be great if they did.

I know! I'm so excited - I don't know how I'll be able to last 'til November. If they do a second tour of America, I would really recommend going. They're a fab band.

Same line up as the Rumours era - Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood. Christine McVie left back in '97, but they still do some of her stuff. I'm not sure if they're going beyond Europe, but it would be great if they did.

I will definitely watch out for it!

yeah, i'd love to see them. wonder why christine didn't return?

yeah, i'd love to see them. wonder why christine didn't return?

I read somewhere she just couldn't do the touring any more. I think it got to be too much for her. You do that kind of touring for 25+ years and I don't suppose you could be blamed for wanting to live the quiet life. As a band, they definately miss her, but I do think they've done well without her.

I read somewhere she just couldn't do the touring any more. I think it got to be too much for her. You do that kind of touring for 25+ years and I don't suppose you could be blamed for wanting to live the quiet life. As a band, they definately miss her, but I do think they've done well without her.

That's a shame but I can understand that. I always liked her singing - Songbird's one of my favorite FM songs.

That's a shame but I can understand that. I always liked her singing - Songbird's one of my favorite FM songs.

It is sad, especially as she's happy to still perform (she appeared on their 2003 album), but just doesn't want to travel any longer.

Songbird is a beautiful song. One of my favourites of her's has always been Brown Eyes.

Back when she was Perfect.

I don't think I've ever heard any of their stuff - the name's interesting enough alone.

Yes, I wouldn't have changed my name if I'd been her! :D

They were a great blues band.

"I've got the Fleetwood Mac, Chicken Shack,

John Mayall, can't fail blues . . . " :guitar_mood:

oh yes, i can understand that too. so, do they have another female backup singer to do her parts?

oh yes, i can understand that too. so, do they have another female backup singer to do her parts?

Stevie and Lindsey alternate lines on some of her songs. They do have a few backup singers, but they usually provide support on the choruses of their songs rather than just filling in for a particular person.

Stevie and Lindsey alternate lines on some of her songs. They do have a few backup singers, but they usually provide support on the choruses of their songs rather than just filling in for a particular person.

I always thought that Lindsey has a bit of a female sounding voice anyway. I love his singing so i'm not critisizing. Anyway, i think Lindsey could sound great doing Christie McVie's songs... and Stevie, too. I wanted to see Fleetwood Mac in Atlantic City, but with money being tight and my work schedule, doesn't look like i'm going to make it.

I have this weekend, then I'm teaching summer school, starting Monday! :cheer:

I have been obsessing a bit over it, I've been writing lesson plans like crazy, and I'm sure I have too much stuff to do in 8 weeks, but hey, at least I've got too much instead of not enough, right? ;)

A little voice is telling me to relax this weekend before school starts...we'll see. ;)

It will be a gorgeous week here as it cooled off just a bit and I'm headed off in different directions than I was last week. Keeps things fresh.

You will do great Manders, don't be your own worse enemy...you are wise beyond your years. Oh yeah return my croc glasses :)

I have this weekend, then I'm teaching summer school, starting Monday! :cheer:

I have been obsessing a bit over it, I've been writing lesson plans like crazy, and I'm sure I have too much stuff to do in 8 weeks, but hey, at least I've got too much instead of not enough, right? ;)

A little voice is telling me to relax this weekend before school starts...we'll see. ;)

:cheer: You will do great - the kids are very lucky to have you. I admire your dedication towards planning your lessons so they will best benefit from them :D

Lots of luck to you Monday!!!!!