What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I have not gotten up off the couch today...except to eat dinner and open a bottle of wine. Which I'm thoroughly enjoying right now.

I need more days like this...

My cat dying in my arms. At least i won't have to feel guilt over putting her to sleep. Hanging out with my sister and two favorite (ok, two only) nephews. After a very sad day, they made me feel better. Talking to my daughter's Uncle Marcus was nice, too. :)

My cat dying in my arms. At least i won't have to feel guilt over putting her to sleep. Hanging out with my sister and two favorite (ok, two only) nephews. After a very sad day, they made me feel better. Talking to my daughter's Uncle Marcus was nice, too. :)

Oh, I am so sorry, ~tangerine~. I have tears in my eyes.

It is extremely difficult to get over this grief of loosing a beloved pet.

Ten years ago, our dog swallowed a bee and was stung and died from it. It took me a month to quit crying about it.

My sincere sympathies to you and your family.

Oh, I am so sorry, ~tangerine~. I have tears in my eyes.

It is extremely difficult to get over this grief of loosing a beloved pet.

Ten years ago, our dog swallowed a bee and was stung and died from it. It took me a month to quit crying about it.

My sincere sympathies to you and your family.

Thank you for your warm thoughts, BUCK EYE DOC! My cat had liver failure, the vet says from aging. She was fifteen years and three months. It hit her fast. She ate breakfast today so i thought that was a good sign, but her lethargy increased and by the afternoon she would barely move. I miss her so much right now. She was my first cat. I have another one that's fourteen and i hope this doesn't affect her too much.

I have always considered pets part of the family and i know she lived a happy and comfortable life. I am sure i will have tears for a while though.

I am sorry about your dog. What a sad story. Pets are loved and they leave an imprint on our hearts.

Very odd thing... after i left the vets the first song i heard when i got into the car was "Sheep". My daughter said, "turn that off it's scary". I caught the verse right before the part where they do their twist on Psalm 23. Made me cry listening to it. Seemed so appropriate. Sheep isn't played much on the radio either, so i took it as a sign in a way (and Sheep is one of my all time favorite songs so the meaning was immense for me).

Thanks again for your kind words :)

Thank you for your warm thoughts, BUCK EYE DOC! My cat had liver failure, the vet says from aging. She was fifteen years and three months. It hit her fast. She ate breakfast today so i thought that was a good sign, but her lethargy increased and by the afternoon she would barely move. I miss her so much right now. She was my first cat. I have another one that's fourteen and i hope this doesn't affect her too much.

I have always considered pets part of the family and i know she lived a happy and comfortable life. I am sure i will have tears for a while though.

I am sorry about your dog. What a sad story. Pets are loved and they leave an imprint on our hearts.

Very odd thing... after i left the vets the first song i heard when i got into the car was "Sheep". My daughter said, "turn that off it's scary". I caught the verse right before the part where they do their twist on Psalm 23. Made me cry listening to it. Seemed so appropriate. Sheep isn't played much on the radio either, so i took it as a sign in a way (and Sheep is one of my all time favorite songs so the meaning was immense for me).

Thanks again for your kind words :)

I know what you mean about the song.

My current dog's name is "Sugar". The song No Sugar Tonight by The Guess Who was on the car radio today and I told my husband that when our dog dies then I wouldn't be able to listen to that song anymore, even though it is one of my favorites from the band.

I know what you mean about the song.

My current dog's name is "Sugar". The song No Sugar Tonight by The Guess Who was on the car radio today and I told my husband that when our dog dies then I wouldn't be able to listen to that song anymore, even though it is one of my favorites from the band.

I can understand, but then, it may also be theraputic in some ways, too. The only other pet i had that died was my grey cheeked parakeet (who led an awesome life!). Jasmine died at 17 years of age in my dad's hand (one of his/her favorite spots to take a nap, lol). Jasmine loved rock music and Don Henley's "Boys of Summer" was always his favorite song. I always think of Jasmine when i hear it. Nelly Furtado's "I'm Like a Bird" is a real sad one, though i don't listen to that kind of music really, Jasmine was still living when that song came out and so i loved it! Now if i hear it (doesn't happen often) makes me cry.

Lets hope Sugar lives a very long life!

I can understand, but then, it may also be theraputic in some ways, too. The only other pet i had that died was my grey cheeked parakeet (who led an awesome life!). Jasmine died at 17 years of age in my dad's hand (one of his/her favorite spots to take a nap, lol). Jasmine loved rock music and Don Henley's "Boys of Summer" was always his favorite song. I always think of Jasmine when i hear it. Nelly Furtado's "I'm Like a Bird" is a real sad one, though i don't listen to that kind of music really, Jasmine was still living when that song came out and so i loved it! Now if i hear it (doesn't happen often) makes me cry.

Lets hope Sugar lives a very long life!

Thank you.

She is almost 9 years old.

She was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism. She lost some of her hair and was very lethargic and gained some weight. I thought the lethargy was because she was sad that the boys were gone to college and that she missed them, as it started back in September when they went away. So I didn't take her to the vet until she developed bald patches on her coat in February. I felt stupid for not recognizing it sooner, with me being a medical professional, I should have picked up on it earlier. But she is now on thyroid medication and her hair is growing back and she has more energy.

That is so cute, a bird that likes rock music. I used to be a huge Eagles and Don Henley fan, they were my favorite, and I still like them, but Led Zeppelin has taken their place at the top for me. :lol:

Thank you.

She is almost 9 years old.

She was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism. She lost some of her hair and was very lethargic and gained some weight. I thought the lethargy was because she was sad that the boys were gone to college and that she missed them, as it started back in September when they went away. So I didn't take her to the vet until she developed bald patches on her coat in February. I felt stupid for not recognizing it sooner, with me being a medical professional, I should have picked up on it earlier. But she is now on thyroid medication and her hair is growing back and she has more energy.

That is so cute, a bird that likes rock music. I used to be a huge Eagles and Don Henley fan, they were my favorite, and I still like them, but Led Zeppelin has taken their place at the top for me. :lol:

I'm glad you got Sugar on meds, she should be fine now. I know, i take Synthroid, too.

Jasmine would chirp along to songs he liked. Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone" was another favorite. I always like the Eagles and when "The End of the Innocence" was released, i became a big fan of Don's solo music, too. For me, The Beatles and Led Zeppelin were always my two favorites (although i discovered Zeppelin first)!

Very sorry for your loss, ~tangerine~, I know what it's like to lose a beloved pet.

My cat dying in my arms. At least i won't have to feel guilt over putting her to sleep. Hanging out with my sister and two favorite (ok, two only) nephews. After a very sad day, they made me feel better. Talking to my daughter's Uncle Marcus was nice, too. smile.gif

I'm sorry to hear that it happened. I can honestly say that I've felt your pain on this one.

I hope your other cat and your daughter will help you through it. ;)

I also totally understand about putting your animal to sleep. We put our dog down in October after 17 years. It was hard, it was time, he was just miserable, but still, it was just sad.

I'm so sorry :console:

:console: I'm so sorry Tangerine :( I can relate about not wanting to have to put an animal to sleep. I dread the day I will have to face that. I'm happy your sister and nephews helped you to feel better :)

Very sorry to hear this Tangerine. Our pets are so much a part of the family. Just remember that like loved ones, we never really lose them