What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Lots to be happy about today!

Went to my nephew's graduation party. I got to see lot's of relatives that I haven't seen in a while.

The weather has been gorgeous lately. Perfect for an outdoor party today.

Lots of birthday wishes, on the forum (thank you everyone) and at the party as well as several phone calls, text messages and e-mails. I think this is the most best wishes that I have ever had!

Tiger won the Memorial golf tournament, which is near where I live. My brother came up from Kentucky to attend the tournament this weekend. They had perfect weather this year; it usually rains.

Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood Live From Madison Square Garden on PBS tonight. I recorded it on TiVo. Getting me pumped up for their concert on June 15 that I am attending with my husband and sons in Columbus at the Schottenstein Center.

Got a phone call from a boy (now a man, lol) that I used to babysit for 30 years ago, just to wish me Happy Birthday. He periodically calls me up out of the blue. He lives in San Diego.

Boys have final exams this week and will be coming home from college for the summer at the end of the week.

Lots to be happy about today!

Went to my nephew's graduation party. I got to see lot's of relatives that I haven't seen in a while.

The weather has been gorgeous lately. Perfect for an outdoor party today.

Lots of birthday wishes, on the forum (thank you everyone) and at the party as well as several phone calls, text messages and e-mails. I think this is the most best wishes that I have ever had!

Tiger won the Memorial golf tournament, which is near where I live. My brother came up from Kentucky to attend the tournament this weekend. They had perfect weather this year; it usually rains.

Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood Live From Madison Square Garden on PBS tonight. I recorded it on TiVo. Getting me pumped up for their concert on June 15 that I am attending with my husband and sons in Columbus at the Schottenstein Center.

Got a phone call from a boy (now a man, lol) that I used to babysit for 30 years ago, just to wish me Happy Birthday. He periodically calls me up out of the blue. He lives in San Diego.

Boys have final exams this week and will be coming home from college for the summer at the end of the week.

Sounds like a great day!!!

Returning home from a hard day's work...(from working for a miserly employer...who thinks herself ill-used if I request a day off for my daughter's graduation...Grrrrrr):)

ChristmasCarol1.jpg:beer:

Edited by Fan_S.

^ is that Scrooge, Fan S? :hysterical: Good bosses seem to be like megafauna cryptids a la Bigfoot -- folklore not supported by empirical evidence

I hope you and your daughters had a great time at her graduation :)

Yes, you are right, Patrycja! Good one, re: not supported by empirical evidence. lol. & thanks for the sentiments re: my daughter's graduation--it happens 6/15 :)

Have fun watching Al in Serpico!

btw, speaking of Pacino, his opening line in American Buffalo when we saw him in the "Circle In The Square" was "Fucking Ruthie...fucking Ruthie...fucking Ruthie!" (complete with expectorant, as our seats were in the front row!) ;)

Edited by Fan_S.

Today, I learned that you can, in fact, pay to ride on some cargo ships across the ocean... I thought you pretty much Had to fly nowadays, but that's not true. Which is GREAT! If I ever decide to leave the country, as there is no way anyone is ever getting me on a plane.....

^ is that Scrooge, Fan S? :hysterical: Good bosses seem to be like megafauna cryptids a la Bigfoot -- folklore not supported by empirical evidence

I hope you and your daughters had a great time at her graduation :)

I'm sorry Fan S :( Have faith; there are good bosses out there; I am very fortunate to have one!

Finding out that they had therapy dogs out at school so us stressed-out students could come pet them and stop worrying about finals. Isn't that a nice idea? I couldn't go because I was having a migraine attack instead (me? stressed? nahhh), but I thought that was a nice thing to do. I'm always complaining about school, but they did something kinda neat for once. I petted my dog instead, lol.

Oh! Speaking of school, this is funny: you'll never guess who our commencement speaker is. Last year it was Robert Kennedy Jr. Respectable, public figure type of guy, right? Well, THIS year, it's Mike Judge! Yep, creator of Beavis & Butthead, King of the Hill, Office Space, etc. I guess he went to my college back in the day and is coming back to give the "get outta here" speech. I think that's pretty rad, of course, but I have to say I cracked up when I heard about it...not exactly your average stuffed-shirt leader type.

I'm sorry Fan S :( Have faith; there are good bosses out there; I am very fortunate to have one!

Hi Virginia! :wave: Thanks. :) Mine's actually not as bad as Ebenezer Scrooge, really. But almost! I was just tee'd off in general @ her, particularly re: the graduation bit. My daughter's graduating from elementary school, which is not a big deal in the supervisor's eyes, because it's not a high school graduation. Well, it's a big deal to me and the husband! And it's only once a year if at all that I request a "personal day"! Well, I'm taking it anyway. Come what may. But I'll do it tactfully, of course and come in "all the more early the next morn". lol. Grrrrr :(

Edit: to add a wish...I wish, I wish...

A_Christmas_Carol_05.jpg

Edited by Fan_S.

Today, I learned that you can, in fact, pay to ride on some cargo ships across the ocean... I thought you pretty much Had to fly nowadays, but that's not true. Which is GREAT! If I ever decide to leave the country, as there is no way anyone is ever getting me on a plane.....

Hi Bonnie,

If you do deciede to go buy boat, just watch out for the Pirates. :lol:

What made me happy today? well getting a personal message from a New Friend was something that made me Very Happy today, and seeing Beatbo on here is always a special occasion as well, cheers Beatbo and my New Special Friend. :beer:

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi Virginia! :wave: Thanks. :) Mine's actually not as bad as Ebenezer Scrooge, really. But almost! I was just tee'd off in general @ her, particularly re: the graduation bit. My daughter's graduating from elementary school, which is not a big deal in the supervisor's eyes, because it's not a high school graduation. Well, it's a big deal to me and the husband! And it's only once a year if at all that I request a "personal day"! Well, I'm taking it anyway. Come what may. But I'll do it tactfully, of course and come in "all the more early the next morn". lol. Grrrrr :(

Edit: to add a wish...I wish, I wish...

A_Christmas_Carol_05.jpg

:( Of course it's a big deal to you; I'm glad you are going!

I saw this today about someone's really bad boss; made me feel extra fortunate!

Part 1: http://radiantveracity.wordpress.com/2009/...worst-job-ever/

Part 2: http://radiantveracity.wordpress.com/2009/...b-ever-part-ii/

Edited by Virginia

i've got a few days off work because i hurt my wrist ( again ), and i am staying at my mans house. he is waiting on me hand and foot. dunno what i did to deserve this guy, but man, i'm lovin it!

Sorry you hurt your wrist :console: but good to be able to spend time with your man :D

i've got a few days off work because i hurt my wrist ( again ), and i am staying at my mans house. he is waiting on me hand and foot. dunno what i did to deserve this guy, but man, i'm lovin it!

Hi S3Z,

I find this most distressing, he's waiting on you? and your supposed to be the "Slave"? This is role reversal gone terribly wrong, the forces of Darkness are at work here :witch: "Moonmaid" cast a spell please, and "Bring The Balance Back , Bring It BacK"

Regards ,Danny

Maybe because you are so nice you got a nice man :)

Sorry to hear about your injury, slave to zep. Hope you are healed soon!

I was happy that my daughter wasn't moody today like she's been the past couple. We had a nice relaxing day off together, enjoyed a trip to Target (it doesn't take much, lol) and had a nice dinner together. Tomorrow is her pre-school graduation and her class will be singing a couple songs! I'm excited.