What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Here's one for ya: today I went to try on a dress that had been sitting in my closet for a couple of years, and it didn't fit anymore. Now, you're probably asking yourself, how in hell did that make her happy? Well, it fit fine through the waist and the bum - it was the bust that didn't fit! :lol: I guess if something's gotta be too small, that's the way to do it!

Me, My sister and mum went out for lunch, to be outside the unit and to be with us is a big step for my sister, we've been talking about stuff, of course there were some moments when she was unhappy but normal, she didn't eat much but not the point, point is she is improving and we think that she is nearly ready to be let loose back home.

This morning we learnt that she has been self-harmng herself (how is good?) well she admitted it, she told me mum this morning, this is the biggest step she has taken, to tell us what she is feeling and what she has done in the unit, and anything she doesn't have the confidence to tell mum she will tell me which I have to tell mum, oh and she has improved in playing Pool :D

Me, My sister and mum went out for lunch, to be outside the unit and to be with us is a big step for my sister, we've been talking about stuff, of course there were some moments when she was unhappy but normal, she didn't eat much but not the point, point is she is improving and we think that she is nearly ready to be let loose back home.

This morning we learnt that she has been self-harmng herself (how is good?) well she admitted it, she told me mum this morning, this is the biggest step she has taken, to tell us what she is feeling and what she has done in the unit, and anything she doesn't have the confidence to tell mum she will tell me which I have to tell mum, oh and she has improved in playing Pool :D

Hi, JAL! :wave: I'm so happy to hear of your sister's signs of willingness to [gradually] open up. That's great! You're so right--it's a step. Oh, and tell her to pay attention to those perpendiculars & good luck on those bank shots! I just wanted to mention again what a valued sister you are for taking such a significant role in her recovery. :)

Happy to hear that. Yes it is a first step and definitely one in the right direction. Fingers crossed she will be sent home soon!!!

small things

We know :rolleyes:

visited a nearby waterfall with my man and my son. it brought tears to my eyes to see the two of them having fun together climbing rocks and "exploring". it was a really nice, clean and serene place.

:thumbsup:

visited a nearby waterfall with my man and my son. it brought tears to my eyes to see the two of them having fun together climbing rocks and "exploring". it was a really nice, clean and serene place.

How wonderful :D Sounds like a great way to spend a day :)

JAL, glad to hear your sister is making improvement. Opening up to the family about hurting herself is a huge step. I have a friend who has a teenage daughter who used to do that. She has been in therapy over the past year, and it's been a few months since she did anything to hurt herself. Your sister can overcome all this, and hopefully she will!

I had a great day. Nice weather, went swimming at the club, signed my daughter up for swim lessons, and just enjoyed a nice summer day.

How wonderful :D Sounds like a great way to spend a day :)

thanks ninelives and brspled. it really was nice. as i have said before, my son has aspergers and rarely makes friends, so it's extra special that the two of them get along so well. my fella is just so perfect for me, and the absolute BEST step-daddy-type-guy i could wish for. i'm thankful every day for him.

Edited by slave to zep

thanks ninelives and brspled. it really was nice. as i have said before, my son has aspergers and doesn't rarely makes friends, so it's extra special that the two of them get along so well. my fella is just so perfect for me, and the absolute BEST step-daddy-type-guy i could wish for. i'm thankful every day for him.

That does make it even more special on so many levels :) Really happy to hear this and happy you have found someone so wonderful not just for you but your children :D