What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I had a few compliments laid upon me this morning by a colleague who wants me to sub long-term for her if I don't have a job once school starts.

She told me that my friends may be good, but she doubts they're better than me. :D

:D

i heard a horn beeping this morning and its my dad in my parents new -prius. they did the cash for clunkers thing and they bought a good car. my dad was a aircraft mechanic and is a jack of all trades and is truly amazed at the technology. so its soo cool seeing the world change for the better.

My daughter's last swim lesson, and being told by her instructor how great she has done! In eight weeks my four year old can swim! Now i hope she passes her final swim test for the season (first one was much easier), tomorrow! She is also due to receive her "perfect attendance" trophy!

My daughter's last swim lesson, and being told by her instructor how great she has done! In eight weeks my four year old can swim! Now i hope she passes her final swim test for the season (first one was much easier), tomorrow! She is also due to receive her "perfect attendance" trophy!

Hi Tangerine,

Great news Tangerine you must be very proud? my oldest is 24 and he can now only just manage to keep his bum on the surface when swimming, he has good strong arms and legs but his middle just sinks every time he swims.

Kind Regards, Danny

Today, when I was going in to work, a gentleman who works in the same building actually held the door open for me. And I was a quite a ways behind him, but he waited patiently. I was impressed! Not very many people nowadays would have done that...it's nice to know there are still nice people out there.

Hi Tangerine,

Great news Tangerine you must be very proud? my oldest is 24 and he can now only just manage to keep his bum on the surface when swimming, he has good strong arms and legs but his middle just sinks every time he swims.

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi Danny,

You know i am (very proud)! She can swim underwater and even backfloat (though only for a few seconds unsupported). She jumps into the pool and has even gone on the big slide! I am signing her up for lessons this fall at a nearby raquetclub/fitness center that has an indoor pool and provides kids programs, including swim lessons all year round! You know, your son isn't too old for lessons if he needs a few :) Do you swim, Danny?

i heard a horn beeping this morning and its my dad in my parents new -prius. they did the cash for clunkers thing and they bought a good car. my dad was a aircraft mechanic and is a jack of all trades and is truly amazed at the technology. so its soo cool seeing the world change for the better.

That's awesome!

I'm jealous because my car is in need of some major work that I don't have the cash for. ;)

:cheer: What's it like?

It's neon orange satin. It has beading on it with a mostly open back. I's not a halter, just strappy. There's a slit on the right side to about halfway up the thigh.

Edited by lzfan715

That's awesome!

I'm jealous because my car is in need of some major work that I don't have the cash for. ;)

What kind of repairs are you in need of?

I've heard of proffesionals trading skills, say you tudor the mechanics kid(s) in lieu of car repairs. ;)

My other good news is that I don't have to quit my job. I thought I was going to have to but I don't.

I work as an activities assitant in a nursing home, but due to the hours I thought I was going to have to quit. They didn't work with school. One of the residents that I'm close with went to my boss when she found out I was going to quit. She talked my boss into changing the job hours so I could keep the job. I'm so glad she did because I love my job. It's so rewarding to go to work and know that I brightened someone's day by visiting them because they can't get out of bed.

My other good news is that I don't have to quit my job. I thought I was going to have to but I don't.

I work as an activities assitant in a nursing home, but due to the hours I thought I was going to have to quit. They didn't work with school. One of the residents that I'm close with went to my boss when she found out I was going to quit. She talked my boss into changing the job hours so I could keep the job. I'm so glad she did because I love my job. It's so rewarding to go to work and know that I brightened someone's day by visiting them because they can't get out of bed.

:thumbsup: Great news!!! And the dress sounds fabulous :D

What kind of repairs are you in need of?

I've heard of proffesionals trading skills, say you tudor the mechanics kid(s) in lieu of car repairs. ;)

1. new brakes (just the pads, but both sets)

2. new tires (they're shot--these have top priority)

3. new cv boots or joints, whichever my car has

4. a/c compressor clutch

5. new window gaskets

...and a few other things that I can't remember off the top of my head.

It's been a good car, it's just in need of some (pricey) maintenance.