What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Just spent a week with some of my "imaginary" friends from another message board. We had a spectacular time and we're already talking about doing a larger board meeting next year. Hope it works out!

Finally my girlfriend has agreed to go on a cross island hike (the first of the summer) today. It'll be about a 20 miler or so (so nothing too strenuous) and there will be a few stop offs at some country pubs along the way for refreshments. :)

So I'm happy. Usually I hike alone. It doesn't usually bother me but it's nice for a change to have my girlfriend along.

^that's very cool.

I've been trying to get MY BOYFRIEND to do anything except be a couch potato, and he's killing me. I wanted to get him to do a camping trip, but he's just not that into it.

LOL, maybe we should swap partners and go out with each other? :D

I'm surprised though. Usually it's the guys who want to camp and hike.

We are going on a hiking/camping holiday to the Bavarian Alps in September though. That's why I'm not badgering her to do too much here on the weekends. She works hard all week and likes the weekends to relax and do nothing. She has a 12 hour working day (from when she leaves to when she comes home) so I do understand.

Happy that just 24 more hrs. at work and off for 14 days. Gonna hit the beach, visit friends, and swim!

Also happy to hear that many bar owners are boycotting that piece of dog poop Mike Vick! Not just in Philly but all over the country. Good job people with hearts.

Happy that just 24 more hrs. at work and off for 14 days. Gonna hit the beach, visit friends, and swim!

Also happy to hear that many bar owners are boycotting that piece of dog poop Mike Vick! Not just in Philly but all over the country. Good job people with hearts.

What a nice break; enjoy your vacation!! :)

I am working tomorrow (Sun)and would love to go to the pool afterwards.

I'm really happy today because I ran 4.0 straight this morning; I've met my training goal! :running: Race is in 2 weeks and now I feel positive that I can run the whole thing. Am getting new shoes today too. Wish I had time to train for the 10 Miler, but unfortunately I don't think that will be possible as long as Virginia's Taxi Service is in business, lol.

^Awesome! Great job! I always say I want to run, but truth be told, I just HATE it.

Tangerine, I hope you have a great vacation. I've been out of school since July 31st, and I haven't really done anything other than hang around the house. It's been kind of boring--it was nice the first few days off, but now it's very, very boring.

^Awesome! Great job! I always say I want to run, but truth be told, I just HATE it.

Tangerine, I hope you have a great vacation. I've been out of school since July 31st, and I haven't really done anything other than hang around the house. It's been kind of boring--it was nice the first few days off, but now it's very, very boring.

Me too (about the running) - I'm in total awe of marathon runners because that is one thing that I know I will never be able to do. I am just an absolute turtle when it comes to running (and not the tortoise-y "slow and steady" type, either...just slow), so you've definitely got my respect, Virginia!

Thanks Manderly and Footsteps of Dawn! :) I have never been athletic; marching band was my sport in HS, so I am feeling really good about this! I should say too it's never too late; I am 43 now.

Edited by Virginia

Thanks Manderly and Footsteps of Dawn! :) I have never been athletic; marching band was my sport in HS, so I am feeling really good about this! I should say too it's never too late; I am 43 now.

Well, that gives me a little hope...maybe someday I'll be able to run a whole mile, hehe! Go band people! :cheer:

Fixed my hoover, vacuumed, shopped, cleaned house and repaired a bit of html. And too I thought how fortunate I am to have neighbors and friends I get along with so well.

Hey if we all believed the same things it would be an truly odd world so I will defend their right to believe what they want.

Well up to a point.

Met 3 new people today too :P

Telling my sister I won't be going to Cozumel and the Cayman Islands with her. One, it's $452 not including taxes for my ticket and my passport. I don't have that kind of money and neither do my parents. Two, I don't speak Spanish and I'd be afraid to leave the boat out of fear I'd get lost or something and not be able to get back. Three, spending 5 days with my sister and her friends during Spring Break watching them get drunk and act like effing morons is not my idea of a good time. Since I don't drink, go to clubs, bars or any parties where the only thing to do is drink, what the hell would I do while I was there? Sit on the boat and stare at the water? Four, spending God only knows how long in a car driving from here to Miami with a bunch of people I don't know to get on the boat is insane.

I don't know why she lied and said she was told to ask me if I'd like to come with but I feel so much better now that I told her screw it, she's going without me. I don't even know why my dad is letting her go, she's a fucking flake.

^LOL

I had to go bridesmaid dress shopping today. Though I didn't want to do it, I found a decent dress, and thankfully, my best friend isn't a bridezilla.

I paid more for a dress than I would like to have, but it looks good on me, and it's a nice color. I'd actually wear it again if I had the occasion.

Thanks for the vacation wishes Virginia and Mandy. Great that you reached your running goal, Virginia! Best luck in getting that job, Mandy!

Well since the site has been updated, much slower on my PC. Time to start using my new one i guess. So happy my vacation is official. Slept a few hours today after working night shift. Took my daughter to Carrabas for dinner and she was so behaved and fun!