What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

The second week of the school year and my daughter is loving her teachers and classmates! While she has old friends in her class, she has met two new very sweet girlfriends. She already has 3 birthday party invitations! I love seeing my daughter happy :) The weather today was gorgeous, too... and i have tomorrow off icon4.gif

The second week of the school year and my daughter is loving her teachers and classmates! While she has old friends in her class, she has met two new very sweet girlfriends. She already has 3 birthday party invitations! I love seeing my daughter happy :) The weather today was gorgeous, too... and i have tomorrow off icon4.gif

hi tangerine, happy to hear that!

it is the start of the school year? in september? :blink:

hi tangerine, happy to hear that!

it is the start of the school year? in september? :blink:

Hi slave to zep, i hope you and your family (and that wonderful man of yours :) ) are doing well and enjoying your summer! Thank you for the nice comment! School here starts either late August or early September. My daughter's school actually started later than many others. The year ends the second week of June.

Hi slave to zep, i hope you and your family (and that wonderful man of yours :) ) are doing well and enjoying your summer! Thank you for the nice comment! School here starts either late August or early September. My daughter's school actually started later than many others. The year ends the second week of June.

hi tangerine :wave: . the family and my wonderful man are all doing well, thankyou for asking. :) i knew that the U.S. schools take a break over summer, but i thought that was june/july. and i didn't realize that the year ended and started then, i thought it was just a mid year break. we have a break from about the 20th dec till the first of feb, and then the new year starts. i wish i was a teacher and got all those long holidays .... not just the 4 weeks like i do. ah well, shoulda went to uni i guess! my 2 weeks holiday is coming up though, can't wait!

hi tangerine :wave: . the family and my wonderful man are all doing well, thankyou for asking. :) i knew that the U.S. schools take a break over summer, but i thought that was june/july. and i didn't realize that the year ended and started then, i thought it was just a mid year break. we have a break from about the 20th dec till the first of feb, and then the new year starts. i wish i was a teacher and got all those long holidays .... not just the 4 weeks like i do. ah well, shoulda went to uni i guess! my 2 weeks holiday is coming up though, can't wait!

Heh. Though teachers have the time off, they rarely use all of it for just vacation.

In my area, school gets out usually the first week of June, and school starts at the end of August. We get about two weeks at Christmas and a week at the end of March (for spring break), and then a total of seven to nine weeks for summer. This year, it would have been seven.

However, once school starts, if you don't have the majority of your lessons planned, you're going to be working more than the normal 10+ hour days because you can't plan at school. There's no freakin' way.

I'm glad everyone is good! After reading what Manderlyh says, if you decide to go to Uni, become a registered nurse :) you can get a job as a school nurse, have the summers off, and don't have to spend time making lesson plans on vacation...