What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I had a great day. My friends wished me happy birthday, and someone I have a huge crush on taught me how to say AC/DC in Italian ( :rolleyes:) , and we talked about pancakes and other (stupid) stuff. Chemistry, oh wee!

I received a great story from a friend of mine and really enjoyed reading it. + a few more stories yesterday. I didn't get any presents, but this is the first time I didn't want them at all, when I realized I'm happy just with who I am, and with the people who surround me. We are going to ruin my house on Friday. :D

I'm gonna celebrate the end of the day with a Celebration day.

Edited by _Lena_Zep

I'm glad everyone is good! After reading what Manderlyh says, if you decide to go to Uni, become a registered nurse :) you can get a job as a school nurse, have the summers off, and don't have to spend time making lesson plans on vacation...

That's a good one, then you don't need to work all nighters, weekends, holidays, etc., like some of my friends who are RN's at the hospitals do.

That's a good one, then you don't need to work all nighters, weekends, holidays, etc., like some of my friends who are RN's at the hospitals do.

As my daughter approaches grade school, this is something i may need to consider. I hear it's a cake job, too... something i have never had and feel overdue for :)

Happy i came up with a nice project to send to my daughter's show and tell tomorrow. Instead of just showing off the Kai Lan stuffed animal she's bringing (the usual is the kids bring a toy and show it) i made a beautiful poster board for her to bring along. I drew all the characters from the show and put some common chinese words for the children to learn in class. Came out looking really pretty. I bet the teachers will be impressed (of course gonna say she did it all, lol... i know, ... they won't believe it).

Thanks everyone for all your support, it's been frustrating the last couple of months.

TCV tickets and a job all within 24 hours! cool.gif

The upside is I've had the forum to go to for solace and entertainment.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter of my working life.

Dzldoc,

Great news and I hope everything is going well with your treatment.

Asmy daughter approaches grade school, this is something i may need toconsider. I hear it's a cake job, too... something i have never had andfeel overdue for :)

You have to give kids their meds, deal with the occasional puking kid,epi pen, etc. Maybe a kid or two whose blood sugar is outta whack?

You may end up dealing with a few hypochondriacs though. LOL I LOVE working with kids though. Much better than working with as many adults. ;)

My best friend's getting married in the morning. We've finally got everything ready to go!

I'm going to sleep well tonight after I stayed up late last night doing bridesmaid stuff.

hey that's great! you better make sure you have jan 26 off though ....... what's happening with the band???

Hey S2Z!

The 26th is a public holiday!

We had another rehearsal yesterday afternoon and things are falling into place.

We had a go at Thank You, Robert's got nothing to worry about with my vocals! wink.gif

A girl that lived in my apartment left an Boom Box. It has a CD Player, Tape Player, AM FM Stereo and the speakers in it blast very nicely.

Everyone claimed it was broken beyond repair?

Hee, obviously they don't know me that well. So now I can listen to all the FM Stations I wish too (well local) for free.

I got administrative privs to some computers I've been hoping they would eventually let me in.

It's nice to have trust when it comes to something like this. Not being able to get in to the back ends of some of these things leaves you helpless when it comes to repairs.

Thank YOU!

This made me giggle:

I was driving on the freeway, and I noticed a middle aged woman had a sticker on the back of her truck that had Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes pissing on the word "taxes."

Then, below it, was the word "teabagger."

Methinks "teabagger" isn't the best word for what she's trying to say. #hysterical#

SSPX3110.jpg

:sarcastic_hand::sarcastic_hand:

You have to click on the picture to really see it. My camera phone sucks.

Edited by manderlyh