What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I got my braces off today! cheer.gif

Funny story about IMGL, Zeppfanforever! I can't imagine anyone drinking and smoking weed in the theater that I saw it at! There were only about 30 people in the theater, and most were older people.

Finally looks like Boise State is getting some respect, Mandy!

Charles, you do look dwarfed by those humongous football players, LOL. I bet it was great to meet them. Wish for you that it was under more pleasant circumstances.

Those buildings definitely have the Frank Lloyd Wright aura, ebk. Thanks for posting them.

That one picture looks like it has dog kennels in the fenced in area?

I am glad that everyone likes FLW, as I do!

Edited to say:

I am also happy today because my youngest son just told me that he got all A's, a 4.0 GPA for 15 credits of English classes that he took at the University of Greenwich this summer. YAY! His grades were just posted. He loved his professors at Geenwich, and learned alot from his six weeks living in London. So it was worth all the money that it cost us, LOL.

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

Glad you all have enjoyed the pictures. I'm not sure which fenced in area you're talking about Buck"Eye" Doc, but if it's the second one posted here, that's a screened in porch off the living room. The Pope-Leighey house is quite tiny, but every inch of it is functional...in that FLW way!

What is making me happy right now - Ledo's pizza!! Yummmmmmm

Glad you all have enjoyed the pictures. I'm not sure which fenced in area you're talking about Buck"Eye" Doc, but if it's the second one posted here, that's a screened in porch off the living room. The Pope-Leighey house is quite tiny, but every inch of it is functional...in that FLW way!

What is making me happy right now - Ledo's pizza!! Yummmmmmm

Woops! Sorry!

Now I see it as a porch. slapface.gif

I love FLW!!! I've been to Taliesin West and can't believe I haven't been to Fallingwater since I live relatively close. I here they are doing sleepovers (!) there now for the low, low price of #1,200... biggrin.gif

Here's a link to the pictures I took at Florida Southern College this past July. Wright designed a bunch of buildings for them

http://s272.photobuc...FLW%20at%20FSC/

Here are a couple of pictures from the Pope-Leighey House in Alexandria VA. I'd love to live there...even though it is in Virginia...

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

In this last picture, if you look at the brick wall on the interior, you will notice that the horizontal grout is prominent, while the vertical grout is not as noticible, making the wall have a horizontal striped feel to it. FLW used lighter colored grout on the vertical joints of his brick walls to create an emphasis on the horizontal lines of the wall. A distinguishing feature of the Prarrie design is the emphasis of low, horizontal reliefs. If you notice the floor, the same grout was used on all of the joints, so you don't get that horizontal prominence that you do on the walls.

I learned this on my tour. smile.gif

This picture demonstrates a good example of FLW's emphasis of the horizontal line in his "prarrie" architecture.

Edited to add:

The top picture shows a "cantilevered" overhang, which is another distinguishing feature of FLW designs. It hangs over without support.

Fallingwater, the famous house in Pennsylvania, is built as a cantilever over the river and waterfall.

Edited again to say that I think that I mean "mortar", not "grout". LOL

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

my partner got a new car!

before you all go thinking i am one of those people that only care about material posessions .... it's not that at all.

what it means is that we will be able to be together more often and for longer, that his travel time drops from over 2 hours to just 1. we live a little way apart, and him having a car will make things much easier for us.

it's also one step closer to us being able to live together.

i am so happy!!!

before you all go thinking i am one of those people that only care about material posessions .... it's not that at all.

what it means is that we will be able to be together more often and for longer, that his travel time drops from over 2 hours to just 1. we live a little way apart, and him having a car will make things much easier for us.

i am so happy!!!

:cheer: I'm happy for you too!!!

i am so happy!!!

Good news!

A person doesn't appreciate the ease of travel these days until you have to go without the simple luxury of having a car that we have become accustomed to taking for granted. 50 years ago, it would be rare that people would travel a distance of one or two hours on a regular basis.

Hope that you now get to see more of each other, slave.

i am so happy!!!

Living together :wtf: Damn !!! And here was me thinking we could run away together :lol:

To all who are picking on ZeppFanForever, i challenge you to find one post where he is disrespectful in his response to anyone. I haven't read all his posts, but i still feel confident in asking this. He is original, and there is nothing wrong with that.

What made me happy today was spending a nice time with my family at my sister's house for dinner. Had delicious fish and enjoyed chatting with everyone. Was also nice to see that this year the kids are grown enough that the adults can talk without constantly watching over the children! Here's to independence and growing up! To anyone it applies to (Nathan and LDW come to mind) Happy New Year!

To all who are picking on ZeppFanForever, i challenge you to find one post where he is disrespectful in his response to anyone. I haven't read all his posts, but i still feel confident in asking this. He is original, and there is nothing wrong with that.

What made me happy today was spending a nice time with my family at my sister's house for dinner. Had delicious fish and enjoyed chatting with everyone. Was also nice to see that this year the kids are grown enough that the adults can talk without constantly watching over the children! Here's to independence and growing up! To anyone it applies to (Nathan and LDW come to mind) Happy New Year!

Oh sweetie, you're too kind! You're like my night and shining armour! I really do appreciate what you do for me. I know that you realize that I can fight my own battles, however, I would love to have you along side me when I do fight my battles, you are like a breath of fresh air for me. I promise you that I will be there for you anytime that you need me. Please remember that! ROCK ON!

Hi Tangerine,

Well i have sifted through all his posts and i can tell you with hand on heart that not once has he been disrespectful to any other poster, he's fcuking annoyed enough with the way he keeps on saying "DIEHARD ZEPPELIN FANATIC" and "ROCK ON" but disrespectful to anyone? Never.

If you know of any other posters with annoying little habits like ZeppFanForever, please post your concerns to,

Youmustbegettingmemixedupwithsomeone@whogivesashit.co.uk

Kind Regards, Danny Y'all Come back now, Y'hear?

Hi Tangerine,

Well i have sifted through all his posts and i can tell you with hand on heart that not once has he been disrespectful to any other poster, he's fcuking annoyed enough with the way he keeps on saying "DIEHARD ZEPPELIN FANATIC" and "ROCK ON" but disrespectful to anyone? Never.

If you know of any other posters with annoying little habits like ZeppFanForever, please post your concerns to,

Again, thank you "~tangerine~" and Danny for your continued support. Take care and ROCK ON my friends!

Oh sweetie, you're too kind! You're like my night and shining armour! I really do appreciate what you do for me. I know that you realize that I can fight my own battles, however, I would love to have you along side me when I do fight my battles, you are like a breath of fresh air for me. I promise you that I will be there for you anytime that you need me. Please remember that! ROCK ON!

You're welcome. I haven't been here much past couple days, and haven't read many posts beyond the last page of a few threads. But a friend kind of directed me to read some, and wow, kind of sad to see people behaving so silly. I KNOW you can fight your own battles, lol. Don't you have a black belt? :) Nice to have a friend like you!

Personally, I have never felt he has been disrespectful to anyone. The only reason I said anything in the first place was that I found it...maybe annoying is not the right word, but slightly odd that he would respond to everyone with the exact same post, he would just change the screen name to suit who he was talking about. I likened it to a form letter a company would send out in a mass mailing. Each letter says the exact same thing, the only thing that changed was the salutation and the farewell. I didn't make mention of it because it bothered me or made me angry or offended me....it was something that stuck in the back of my head and I finally decided to ask about it.

Personally, I have never felt he has been disrespectful to anyone. The only reason I said anything in the first place was that I found it...maybe annoying is not the right word, but slightly odd that he would respond to everyone with the exact same post, he would just change the screen name to suit who he was talking about. I likened it to a form letter a company would send out in a mass mailing. Each letter says the exact same thing, the only thing that changed was the salutation and the farewell. I didn't make mention of it because it bothered me or made me angry or offended me....it was something that stuck in the back of my head and I finally decided to ask about it.

"Electrophile," if it didn't bother you like you said, why did you mention it to me the way you did? You have your moments too but I do not say anything to you. Why are you doing it to me? Like Ozzy Osbourne once said: "I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD, I DON'T WANT THE WORLD TO CHANGE ME!" I have never done anything to you to offend you and yet, you want to judge me by my posts. This is ridiculous! Take care and ROCK ON!

Hi Tangerine,

You sure, not even ONE? I have noticed that even when challenged to spit back a nasty or defensive remark, ZeppFanForever gives it a positive spin. He's the guy who when you give him the finger during road rage, instead of doing the same back, he waves to you :)

Hilarious post, Danny!

You sure, not even ONE? I have noticed that even when challenged to spit back a nasty or defensive remark, ZeppFanForever gives it a positive spin. He's the guy who when you give him the finger during road rage, instead of doing the same back, he waves to you :)

Hilarious post, Danny!

Hi sweetie! I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. ROCK ON!

Hilarious post, Danny!

Hi Tangerine,

Not even one.

Dont ever give ZeppFanForever the Finger, give him all Five, give him the Fist, "ROCK ON"

Regards, Danny

PS, I did give ZeppFanForever the Finger once, and he Spun on it, yucky pooh. :lol:

Seems you are not the only one, and others actually seemed to have been making fun like children would do. I respect that one person came right and stated his very forward opinion (better than making fun). I applaud ZFF for kindly telling that person he won't change for them. Maybe his style is odd, but then ZFF isn't your average guy :) That's a compliment btw.