What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

My sister and I just got back from the Dixie Classic Fair in Winston-Salem. Holy crap was that fun! I hadn't been on a Tilt-a-Whirl in about 15 years.

The only ride I hated was the Sea Ray. My sister dragged me on that one; it's a pirate ship that swings back and forth - of course she wanted to sit all the way in the back. Well, when it swung all the way up, our asses came up off the seat. I was scared shitless. I had to Lamaze breathing just to keep from passing out.

Otherwise I had one hell of a good time. :)

The Tilt-A-Whirl was my favorite ride as a kid! Loved it. I feel the same way about that pirate ship ride that swings back and forth :o No thanks :lol:

Sounds like a good day you had :)

:) Sounds like fun with lots of good eats! As a child, I loved eating a quarter of a mooncake only, because it was so rich. (lol.) :beer:

Lol, I made mooncakes by myself and they were not very rich and all eaten!

@nine: Moon festival is originally a family festival, I'm still in Germany and can't get back with my family though. My parents went to visit the grandparents and I had a short conversation with them all on the phone.

We invited loads of friends to our house to have dinner, and later we went out to watch the moon and the stars. One of the friends studies astronomy and showed us the constellations. The moon is so big and bright, it's a beautiful night.

@nine: Moon festival is originally a family festival, I'm still in Germany and can't get back with my family though. My parents went to visit the grandparents and I had a short conversation with them all on the phone.

We invited loads of friends to our house to have dinner, and later we went out to watch the moon and the stars. One of the friends studies astronomy and showed us the constellations. The moon is so big and bright, it's a beautiful night.

Sounds like a lovely evening. I'm sorry you are away from your family but good you got to speak with them on the phone. I love astronomy.

The Tilt-A-Whirl was my favorite ride as a kid! Loved it. I feel the same way about that pirate ship ride that swings back and forth :o No thanks :lol:

Sounds like a good day you had :)

Me too, I love the Tilt-a-Whirl! I won't go on very many other ones, though...all those ones that are like the Dumbo ride at Disneyland, except the car (the actual would-be Dumbo part) spins upside down and around again itself. Ugh...makes me feel sick just thinking about it, lol I've been on one of those pirate ship things (this one was a Viking ship, hehe), but I sat in the middle. Yeah, the ends don't look like too much fun to me, either! I do like the "sleigh ride," though, that's just attached to a circular platform that goes around and around, first forward then backwards...that's even tamer than the tilt-a-whirl, but still pretty fun. No upside down spinning or crazy angles or other shenanigans. ;)

Wow you know how to make mooncake? I'm impressed. Looks difficult! I only had a mere ¼ ration because it's very filling. Also, because it's expensive. haha. My siblings and I always fought for the one without the "sun" (the egg yolk).

I'm sorry you didn't get to be with your family, but glad you talked with them on phone. Also glad you had a wonderful time with your pals. :toast::D

PS: I think my favorite festival is the "lantern" festival. Very pleasing to the eye. :)

Me too, I love the Tilt-a-Whirl! I won't go on very many other ones, though...all those ones that are like the Dumbo ride at Disneyland, except the car (the actual would-be Dumbo part) spins upside down and around again itself. Ugh...makes me feel sick just thinking about it, lol I've been on one of those pirate ship things (this one was a Viking ship, hehe), but I sat in the middle. Yeah, the ends don't look like too much fun to me, either! I do like the "sleigh ride," though, that's just attached to a circular platform that goes around and around, first forward then backwards...that's even tamer than the tilt-a-whirl, but still pretty fun. No upside down spinning or crazy angles or other shenanigans. ;)

Are you talking about the ride called the Himalaya where they usually play really loud music? That's cool too. I won't go on anything that goes upside down, backwards or really fast :lol: I'm a wuss ;)

How's it going everyone? What made me happy today? I got home early this morning after 2:30 A.M. as a result of being at the nightclub dancing the night away. I LOVE TO DANCE! It also rained like a son-of-a-bitch all night long which cause a lot of flooding everywhere. I own a brand new 2010 Nissan Titan loaded with the works and it helped me drive through the floods around town. I am a firm believer in vehicle horsepower and I just love those V-8's (5.6 L.). I converted my truck from a single exhaust to a dual exhaust which does boost horsepower when it comes to performance. Thanks for listening, have a great day and ROCK ON FOREVER fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics!

Are you talking about the ride called the Himalaya where they usually play really loud music? That's cool too. I won't go on anything that goes upside down, backwards or really fast :lol: I'm a wuss ;)

I love the Himalaya! We wanted to go on it but the ride wasn't working and we didn't know when it would be and we didn't have time to just wait.

A few years ago my friend and I were drunk. He asked me if he could help move my Kurzweil SP-88 to the other room I said "OK" (even though I've always moved it myself). I thought that he knew that keyboards break easy when dropped. So when we got to the other room as he was letting it down he let his end drop from his knees' level to the floor. I didn't mention anything to him cause I figured "it's too late now" if anything happened.

The keyboard kept repeating each note I hit. I tried it several times over the last couple of years and it was always the same problem (no I didn't have the bucks for a repairperson. Today I try it and it works perfectly. I guess the shaking around of moving to my new address fixed that problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by roblindblad

Yeah! That's the one! Good times. I'm ok with upside down on roller coasters, where it just does like a loop-de-loop or two, but if it's something that's continually spinning, forget it. I'm a wuss, too!

What made me happy today? My boss called in sick today meaning that I am in charge at work today. My boss has been known to have extra marital affairs so I wouldn't be a bit surprised if thats what is going on. Ha Ha! Have a great day and ROCK ON FOREVER fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics!

A beautiful crisp, blue skied fall day with the leaves turning :) Also a HUGE full moon tonight. Made it much easier to see the 50 million deer standing by the roadside while driving tonight. (That would be me driving; not the deer; sorry I'm too tired to be grammatically correct)

Edited by Virginia

Good morning everyone! Did all of you sleep well? What made me happy today? My boss has called in sick for the second day in a row which means that I'm in charge again today. Damn, that means that another pot luck is being planned here at work as we speak. WOW, and the sacrifices that I make for my fellow co-workers! Have a great day everybody and ROCK ON FOREVER fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics!

Edited by ZeppFanForever