What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Saw The Moody Blues last night.

I went in with expectations. To say they were met would be an understatement!

"Nights in White Satin" was expected to be the highlight of the evening for me, and it certainly was good, but the rest of the concert was spectacular. Their sound was better than expected. Justin Hayward was/is the least animated of the bunch but his voice and his playing were spot on. Their flutist, Norda Mullen, was both talented and beautiful.

What a great show. Even if you are not a huge fan, I believe you would thoroughly enjoy this concert.

Ps: congratulations slave to zep!

Edited by MINI_Zoso

thanks again to all the other kind wishes, it's so lovely of you all!

yesterday we took my son to luna park ( amusement park ) in sydney, along with my older son. my older daughter and her boyfriend also came. it was a fun day. we went for the little ones birthday ( he will be 11 on thursday ). he had a great day, so that made me happy :)

this is a link to a few photos i found on the web ( not mine ) of luna park. it's right on the harbour next to our famous bridge. it's a lovely setting.

http://micechat.com/forums/other-theme-parks-destinations/126899-photo-tr-luna-park-sydney-australia-10-15-09-a.html

slave to zep: Best wishes to you, Jules! Congratulations to the happy couple!

planted: I am so happy for you and your son. You must be very proud...and relieved, given the state of the economy and job market today.

Edited by Strider

Surprise visit from my son, staying up late drinking and listening to "Supermassive Black Hole" over and over I get these obsessions with random songs for some reason - must be the vodka.

I love that song. I love listening to Muse while on the treadmill, esp Stockholm Syndrome.

Why am I happy today? I have updated my husband's car registration that was 4 months overdue and his Mini is now at the dealership getting an oil change and an inspection that were also overdue.

I love that song. I love listening to Muse while on the treadmill, esp Stockholm Syndrome.

Why am I happy today? I have updated my husband's car registration that was 4 months overdue and his Mini is now at the dealership getting an oil change and an inspection that were also overdue.

I need a spouse like you lol.

I like Stockholm Syndrome because the guitar takes precedence, unlike a lot of their other songs. Still they are a good band if a bit one dimensional.

Started packing for my trip to L.A this week. A trip that almost wasn't happening! So I'm very happy about that! :D

Make sure you visit the Jimmy Page and Bonzo displays at the Rock Walk of Fame at the Guitar Center on Sunset Blvd.

Oh, and the Museum of Jurassic Technology, the new Dinosaur Hall and the Spider Pavilion at the Natural History Museum, and the Charles and Ray Eames exhibit that opens Oct. 1 at the LA County Museum of Art(LACMA).

Monte Alban's for the best mole negro, clayudas, and birria in town.

Gillian Welch and David Rawlings are playing the Music Box Theatre Thursday 9.29 and the inimitable Jon Brion(with "special guests") plays Largo Friday and Saturday nights.

In a scheduling decision worthy of de Sade, Bon Iver is also playing the 29th...at the Gibson Amphitheatre(formerly known as Universal Amp.).

Feel free to ask me anything, Roxie...I've lived here practically my whole life and have a wealth of info and tips to share for any visitors to the City of Angels.

Taking my chances on a big jet plane...Going to California... tomorrow. The children of the sun have now been fairly warned so if the mountains and the canyons start to tremble and shake, you know why.

And I will stand on a hill in my mountain of dreams, wondering how tomorrow could ever follow today. suntan.gif