What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

i put this in random thoughts, but i think it should be here

i have been getting lots of customer compliments lately. really makes me feel like my job has some meaning when i was starting to feel really flat about it.

:)

Sure makes you feel good when someone does that Slaveage. Humanity is alive and living in NSW.

Sure makes you feel good when someone does that Slaveage. Humanity is alive and living in NSW.

slaveage, i like it! lol

it did make me feel so good.bought a tear to my eye when this tiny little old lady - she must be about 80, told me she only likes it when i serve her, and that it made her day to see me awwwwww :)

Reuniting with a long-lost friend. :)

Years ago my 10-album box set Led Zeppelin "Strange Tales from the Road" was stolen along with many other goodies. Given the prohibitive cost of this item nowadays, I don't figure on ever getting the vinyl box set again. But I just scored the cd version at a record store...it is a vinyl-to-cd transfer(you can actually hear the needle drop in the groove) and all 20 sides of the albums are packed onto 8 cds. Never thought I'd see your face the way it used to be...

post-1470-0-59337800-1376692066_thumb.jp

I'm about halfway thru...full report will be coming in the Live section.

Edited by Strider

• 2 weeks later...

I got up early to go into the local farmers and craft market. As I walked into the kitchen to make a cuppa, I looked out the window and saw the local street peahen (female peacock) who was munching on my rocket in the vegie garden. She's a pain in the bum and constantly enjoys a snack in my garden, but I can't get too mad at her, because it's not everyone who gets to have a peahen wandering around and snoozing in their gardens. I shooed her away and she squawked and fluttered her indignation, but she'll be back soon enough.

The markets had great produce, including the return of my beloved duck eggs (thanks for my addiction Puffer). After I came home, I sat out on my front balcony, savouring freshly picked strawberries and watched some mother and calf whales playing and resting in the calm ocean. Wow, they never cease to amaze and thrill me!

Later in the afternoon when I was walking my dog, I saw a little group of grey kangaroo's. A great big buck (dad), a mum with a joey half sticking out of her pouch, a juvenile and another female. Don't know if she was an older juvenile or a mistress.

Then when I got down to the beach with my dog, there was 2 more whales who were so close to the shore. The water was very clear because of the calmness, so it was easy to see the full length and details of the mum. Wow ..... best experience!

To top off my wildlife day, madam peahen was back ..... but this time I gave her some kale leaves. Stupid me .... haha

I had an amazing day of animals, right down to the little duckies who created those eggs for me :D

I got up early to go into the local farmers and craft market. As I walked into the kitchen to make a cuppa, I looked out the window and saw the local street peahen (female peacock) who was munching on my rocket in the vegie garden. She's a pain in the bum and constantly enjoys a snack in my garden, but I can't get too mad at her, because it's not everyone who gets to have a peahen wandering around and snoozing in their gardens. I shooed her away and she squawked and fluttered her indignation, but she'll be back soon enough.

The markets had great produce, including the return of my beloved duck eggs (thanks for my addiction Puffer). After I came home, I sat out on my front balcony, savouring freshly picked strawberries and watched some mother and calf whales playing and resting in the calm ocean. Wow, they never cease to amaze and thrill me!

Later in the afternoon when I was walking my dog, I saw a little group of grey kangaroo's. A great big buck (dad), a mum with a joey half sticking out of her pouch, a juvenile and another female. Don't know if she was an older juvenile or a mistress.

Then when I got down to the beach with my dog, there was 2 more whales who were so close to the shore. The water was very clear because of the calmness, so it was easy to see the full length and details of the mum. Wow ..... best experience!

To top off my wildlife day, madam peahen was back ..... but this time I gave her some kale leaves. Stupid me .... haha

I had an amazing day of animals, right down to the little duckies who created those eggs for me :D

sounds wonderful! :)

Having the next three days to myself to do what I want...if I want to sleep all day or lollygag around, I can. No work until Thursday - HOORAY!!! :D

Plus, I got heaps of beautiful ripe strawberries yesterday morning at the farmers markets.

Fab story C. I am chuffed the little quacks are providing those oevos. Try cooking with them. They make belting cakes and Yorkshire puds.

Funny you should mention Daffy. I was having a round of golf with Mrs CP on Saturday. As she miscued her drive on the 10th tee it hit a duck, full on the bonse. The ball itself was heading to the duck pond and the said quacker stopped the ball from going in the hazard. As I checked, the duck breathed it's last quack before going to meet it's maker. I know it's a sad story but I couldn't help but having a crafty chuckle. Mrs CP was distraught, but as I told her, for one in stopped her ball from going in the pond and two she didn't complain as we tucked into crispy duck the weekend before !

Went downtown to the March today. Although the weather sucked and it took 2 hours to get through security (ugh...), this event was so much more organized and wonderful than Saturday's. Not that Saturday was bad, but today was spectacular.

Me and my sister

ab2a545d-9987-4ae4-9d57-be33360d8261_zps

The rest of the photos from both days

http://s272.photobucket.com/user/estherb818/library/Inspiring%20Historic%20Humid%20Aug%202013?sort=2&page=1

ALERTS TO THREATS
IN 2013 EUROPE

From JOHN CLEESE

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent events in Syria and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from "Pissed Off" to "Let's get the Bastards." They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France 's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans have increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbour" and "Lose."

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels ..

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its security level from "No worries" to "She'll be right, Mate." Two more escalation levels remain: "Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!" and "The barbie is cancelled." So far no situation has ever warranted use of the last final escalation level.

Regards,
John Cleese ,
British writer, actor and tall person

And as a final thought - Greece is collapsing, the Iranians are getting aggressive, and Rome is in disarray. Welcome back to 430 BC.

Life is too short...
1238993_704775286206463_996633792_n.jpg

It's been a great weekend! I had a movie date with my youngest; visited my oldest at college; had a nice run this morning and getting ready to do some cooking/cleaning/chillin' for the rest of the day :)

Oh, and saw my family, and one of my football teams won!

Edited by Virginia

I'm having a nice Labor Day weekend. I went to a local festival with my mother, sister and niece yesterday. I'm spending today with my boyfriend and his kids. We hung out at my local swimming pool earlier today and he's cooking our dinner on my grill as I write this. We're enjoying beautiful weather in my neck of the woods as well. It's in the mid-80's with clear skies with relatively low humidity. So far it's been a nearly perfect day. :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...