What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

The thought of -10 days till I see RP at the Royal Albert Hall.

:thumbsup: You're going to have a great time, I guarantee it...Robert's current band/tour is one of his best ever of the post-Zeppelin years.

Sean: Has your hearing returned after Jeff?

You know, it wasn't really that loud. Certainly nowhere near as loud as My Bloody Valentine or the Black Angels, to name two recent concerts that had my teeth rattling.

i still have no clue as to why he got banned, though ..... ?

It's a mystery to me, too, STZ. Whatever it was must have either taken place in a PM to someone or with the Mods, or the evidence has been erased. Because I cannot see anything in the public record that would suggest why or how he got banned.

From Led Derigible's post, it appears he was banned sometime Sunday. There are all sorts of posts from Wes from early Sunday morning, none of them flammatory. The only clue is a post from Walter asking what happened to a post from Wes that supposedly was full of vulgarity and foul-language. I didn't see it and whatever Wes posted is gone now.

Of course, Wes came back Sunday as maureenwilson, but he made it so obvious that it was him, it was almost like he wanted to be discovered.

For the record, contrary to some people's belief, I didn't have a problem with Mr. Garlic. We had some fun with each other. I teased him about some of his posts, but it was good-natured ribbing, not meant in a mean-spirited way...and I hope he took it in that way. He was a good sport...at least he was to me.

Edited by Strider

:thumbsup: You're going to have a great time, I guarantee it...Robert's current band/tour is one of his best ever of the post-Zeppelin years.

You know, it wasn't really that loud. Certainly nowhere near as loud as My Bloody Valentine or the Black Angels, to name two recent concerts that had my teeth rattling.

It's a mystery to me, too, STZ. Whatever it was must have either taken place in a PM to someone or with the Mods, or the evidence has been erased. Because I cannot see anything in the public record that would suggest why or how he got banned.

From Led Derigible's post, it appears he was banned sometime Sunday. There are all sorts of posts from Wes from early Sunday morning, none of them flammatory. The only clue is a post from Walter asking what happened to a post from Wes that supposedly was full of vulgarity and foul-language. I didn't see it and whatever Wes posted is gone now.

Of course, Wes came back Sunday as maureenwilson, but he made it so obvious that it was him, it was almost like he wanted to be discovered.

For the record, contrary to some people's belief, I didn't have a problem with Mr. Garlic. We had some fun with each other. I teased him about some of his posts, but it was good-natured ribbing, not meant in a mean-spirited way...and I hope he took it in that way. He was a good sport...at least he was to me.

I have a feeling good 'ol wes is back, flying under the radar, as this site is as addictive as Oreos. wes was a good sport to me as well. Pushed the wrong button somewhere.

In fact, I believe that even though "wes" is gone, he has really *never*.. been gone.

So happy for you Dropsie; I know you will have a great time. Please let us know all about it. Strider is right, the SSS is fantastic and so is our beloved Robert. Pictures and deets please!!!

Will do! A week from tomorrow...I'm psyched!

Have a great time Slave and Mr Slave. Have to say have never heard of Russell Morris ! :bagoverhead:

that was for our 2nd wedding anniversary back in september.

have a listen to the you tubes .... he's been around since the 60's - his voice is still as good as ever, and just put out another album....

Despite having to get up pre-dawn (geeeeeeezzzzz, 5:30 is sooooo early), I had a lovely breakfast with some of my "imaginary" friends from another board I'm on. We met up with one of the regular poster who came from Iowa to run the Marine Corps Marathon. I do love meeting the people I chat with every day in internet-land!

And, I had breakfast!! (although now I really want a nap)

Edited by ebk

Getting a Halloween card today in the mail from a friend. :)

an actual card? not an "e" card? wow! pretty rare these days. :)

Despite having to get up pre-dawn (geeeeeeezzzzz, 5:30 is sooooo early), I had a lovely breakfast with some of my "imaginary" friends from another board I'm on. We met up with one of the regular poster who came from Iowa to run the Marine Corps Marathon. I do love meeting the people I chat with every day in internet-land!

And, I had breakfast!! (although now I really want a nap)

i would love to do that with you ( and many others ) :)

btw, i get up at 4.50 every day ...... :(

It is Halloween here, and I have made a rather tasty parsnip soup, when Mrs cecil comes home I will tell how lots of ghouls and witches came to the door and tested it, and I will remember to make more next time. It was really nice though...Oops :D .