What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter and I went to see 'The Nutcracker' on Saturday.

And, she was invited into Pointe Class.

My mother, stepdad and sister came for Thanksgiving.

Everyone is healthy.

I think that covers it!

Indeed. That's a pretty good weekend. So you recommend seeing the "Nutcracker"? I think jb126 is weighing whether to see it or not.

Huh?

The Nutcracker speaks for itself I think...shouldn't need a recommendation.

Not all Nutcrackers are created equal. I've seen some bad and treacly Nutcrackers in my time, so I was just curious how the interpretation you saw stacked up.

:toast: the new Chris Robinson Brotherhood vinyl arrived today. I`m also watching last of the summer wine. :friends::bubble:

Lucky, lucky you. This is the first I've heard about the new vynil only CRB release. I'll take a pass on it as my 30+ year old Linn LP 12 Turntable is in need of a rather expensive repair the cost of which I can't justify right now. Besides the last time I bought any vynil was in about 1992.

Not all Nutcrackers are created equal. I've seen some bad and treacly Nutcrackers in my time, so I was just curious how the interpretation you saw stacked up.

These tickets were a gift from my daughter, so naturally we had a wonderful time together. Besides, I'm the last person to ask for a review.

These tickets were a gift from my daughter, so naturally we had a wonderful time together. Besides, I'm the last person to ask for a review.

You're too modest. ;)

It's all good...she went last night and it was a different Nutcracker production altogether. The one she went to was a Newport production held inside the Rosecliff Mansion.

You're too modest. ;)

It's all good...she went last night and it was a different Nutcracker production altogether. The one she went to was a Newport production held inside the Rosecliff Mansion.

Well, like I said, those tickets were bought with my teenaged daughters earnings from her first job. She wanted to take her mother to the ballet. It wasn't a mansion, I can tell you that, and I haven't the faintest idea whose production it is.

But I loved every second.

Well, like I said, those tickets were bought with my teenaged daughters earnings from her first job. She wanted to take her mother to the ballet. It wasn't a mansion, I can tell you that, and I haven't the faintest idea whose production it is.

But I loved every second.

See...they do love you. Most parents have to wait until later before their kids show appreciation for all the parents did for them, haha. Yours are ahead of the curve.

With Thanksgiving so late this year, I just realized my NYC trip is NEXT weekend! Woohoo!

I hear they are lighting the 'Affordable Holiday Tree' in Rockefeller Center tonight. ;-)

"Affordable Holiday Tree"?

If those are your words, planted, copywrite it.

If not, thanks for sharing a term that sums up much of America.

"Affordable Holiday Tree"?

If those are your words, planted, copywrite it.

If not, thanks for sharing a term that sums up much of America.

I heard something similar while half listening to Dennis Miller tonight on O'Reilly. I wish I was that smart!

See...they do love you. Most parents have to wait until later before their kids show appreciation for all the parents did for them, haha. Yours are ahead of the curve.

I never doubted their love for a second. My daughter is just a little more mature or sophisticated than my son.

My college student is snowed in with us this weekend, and (this is from a few days ago), my copy of Mothership that had been missing for a couple of years mysteriously turned up in the CD drawer in the living room!

I had searched the drawer several times before, and was positive it wasn't there. I have no idea … I did figure it would eventually turn up one day, and it did!