What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

A wonderful visit with a dear friend, and a long ride in the country on a beautiful day, listening to "Songs About Jane". I haven't purchased any Maroon 5 music after their second CD, but I really, really like this one; and it goes great with long car rides!

Hearing two of my friends each had a blast seeing Tom Petty in concert over the weekend...one was seeing her first Tom Petty concert, at Fenway Park no less. :)

Another thing that made me happy...20% off all wine at my local vino emporium this entire holiday weekend. :toast:

Seeing Petty in Portland was terrific. Im pretty sure this was his first time playing in Maine, which was thrilling for a long time fan like myself.

The crowd couldn't have been better and Mike Campbell was an animal on lead!!! Yowzah..

The Old Port section of Portland is fun and quaint, lots of shopping and cobblestone streets. And then there's the Atlantic Ocean...recommend it it anyone.

oh I see, lol . no worries!

Strider - please can you explain to me why Sixto Rodriguez was never a hit in his own country ( USA ) ???? I just can't believe what happened to him!

Sorry STZ...didn't see your question until today.

While the movie simplified or overlooked some facts of Sugar Man's recognition for dramatic purposes, the plain fact is that it is impossible to hear and see everything.

There are thousands of records, thousands of movies, and hundreds of thousands of books released every year. Even if you wanted to, you could never get to them all. Some things are bound to slip through the cracks and go unnoticed by the mainstream public.

I didn't hear about Nick Drake until he died. When I began investigating his albums I was sad and upset that I hadn't known about them while he was still alive. Why hadn't radio played him more often instead of James Taylor and Cat Stevens and John Denver?

Sorry STZ...didn't see your question until today.

While the movie simplified or overlooked some facts of Sugar Man's recognition for dramatic purposes, the plain fact is that it is impossible to hear and see everything.

There are thousands of records, thousands of movies, and hundreds of thousands of books released every year. Even if you wanted to, you could never get to them all. Some things are bound to slip through the cracks and go unnoticed by the mainstream public.

I didn't hear about Nick Drake until he died. When I began investigating his albums I was sad and upset that I hadn't known about them while he was still alive. Why hadn't radio played him more often instead of James Taylor and Cat Stevens and John Denver?

thanks for your reply - I appreciate your input :)

Not sure if I agree that was the reason, though. He still hasn't gotten much recognition there, has he? Still virtually unknown?

His concerts here sold out within minutes, and he had to add another show.

The fact that I have been invited to a private gig of Jake Clemons of Bruce Springsteen's band. He is here in Finland and will play in my friend's livingroom tonight. I'll send some photos later tonight for you guys to see.

I am also happy that the weather is so warm and sunny, a bit rare here in Finland in September.