What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

The past 24 hours or so...

Meeting the fabulous Pat Loud. If you're under 50, the name Pat Loud probably means nothing to you. But if you are old enough to remember watching the landmark PBS "The American Family" documentary, then the Loud Family is etched in your memory.

post-1470-0-81411700-1416242731_thumb.jp

80s flashback concert. Lemonheads sucked. The Furs rocked...Richard Butler theatrical as ever.

post-1470-0-20200600-1416242800_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-46184200-1416242870_thumb.jp

Breakfast of champions. Finally a Sunday free to watch football and 6 games simultaneously in my view.

post-1470-0-02632800-1416243014_thumb.jp

Also, for once I got to bed before midnight and got a decent night's sleep.

^...and a little extra Tabasco for the Bloody Mary?

indeed jabe. I like 'em full of pep. I drank about six of them...three for each half.

My son actually called me today to tell me some music news related to a band, and I was in shock, that is the exact kind of thing I would have done as a kid.

Not to parse your sentence so anally, but was your shock due to your son talking about a band or the fact that he was actually using his phone to call you and not text or facebook? It seems more and more that kids today don't even conceive of using a phone to talk to someone.

My friend with Guillian-barre should be home for Thanksgiving with his family!!! He's walking again and can finally whistle!! So happy!!

Happy news indeed, planted. What great timing, too...just in time for the holidays.

I was happy to see so many old faces from the old days of the forum post here the last couple of days. Sad that it took the death of another member to bring them back, however briefly. R.I.P. Levee.

I'm in Australia on vacation. Enjoying Melbourne, and spent 3 days touring the Great Ocean Road and Grampians Park. The coastline was spectacular and the birds and other wildlife in the Park were so interesting and different from what we have in the US. Australians seem mellow!

I'm in Australia on vacation. Enjoying Melbourne, and spent 3 days touring the Great Ocean Road and Grampians Park. The coastline was spectacular and the birds and other wildlife in the Park were so interesting and different from what we have in the US. Australians seem mellow!

Hi scarlet, hope you have a great holiday :)

My 22 year-old nephew just completed his senior football season -- and his master's degree -- at the Div 1AA university where he played quarterback. His football team was never particularly great -- their best record during his 5 year tenure was 9-3 -- but he grew immensely as a person during those years. He'll be graduating in December and I'm happy for him.