What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

On 8/31/2017 at 5:56 PM, rm2551 said:

Got my Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless yesterday. Tested with a few choice boots directly attached to PC - verdict? - WOW. Another level and a half UP. Hearing new things like chatter from Bonzo between tracks that I could hardly make out before. Clarity is better, and I get to pump it LOUD (can't go max, it's too loud, so happy with that)

Even the flac's on my phone sound better through Bluetooth. (still not sure if the APT-X codec is in play)

Will now need to re-rip all of my CD's to FLAC and hunt around to upgrade my music library from mp3 to flacs where possible.

Damn happy days....:hurrah:

That is great.  Hey, I really want a couple of old albums on CD that I cannot easily find.  I would pay you if you could somehow use your technology on them? I want the Who's Quadrophenia, and Tommy and the Rock Opera Jesus Christ Superstar with the lead singer Ian Gillan of Deep Purple doing the part of Jesus.  I also need Physical Graffitti again.  I have owned it a zillion times.  Either ruined, lost, stolen or technology changed from 8 track to cassette and then to CD.  I cannot keep up

1 minute ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

That is great.  Hey, I really want a couple of old albums on CD that I cannot easily find.  I would pay you if you could somehow use your technology on them? I want the Who's Quadrophenia, and Tommy and the Rock Opera Jesus Christ Superstar with the lead singer Ian Gillan of Deep Purple doing the part of Jesus.  I also need Physical Graffitti again.  I have owned it a zillion times.  Either ruined, lost, stolen or technology changed from 8 track to cassette and then to CD.  I cannot keep up

Try pirate bay to start. That's where I am initially searching. I also have my own CD collection that I need to re-rip. I used to use CDEX to rip, but I'll be looking into what is available for FLAC (not sure if CDEX rips to FLAC).

If you need Physical Graffiti again, I don't know why you would not buy it again, I would!! Love having the physical albums :)

You don't need to pay anyone anything. If you have a computer, you have the same technology I have! I'm happy to help where I can. You just need software to rip any CD collection you have (free), and a few internet places to search for those you don't have. Bargain bins at stores are good to troll. I also plan on spending some time and $$$ hunting through bargain bin CD tables and grabbing whatever appeals if its just a few bucks.

26 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

Try pirate bay to start. That's where I am initially searching. I also have my own CD collection that I need to re-rip. I used to use CDEX to rip, but I'll be looking into what is available for FLAC (not sure if CDEX rips to FLAC).

If you need Physical Graffiti again, I don't know why you would not buy it again, I would!! Love having the physical albums :)

You don't need to pay anyone anything. If you have a computer, you have the same technology I have! I'm happy to help where I can. You just need software to rip any CD collection you have (free), and a few internet places to search for those you don't have. Bargain bins at stores are good to troll. I also plan on spending some time and $$$ hunting through bargain bin CD tables and grabbing whatever appeals if its just a few bucks.

Yes, you are correct, and stupid of me on PG.  I can get that easily.  JC Superstar not so easy and I have had trouble finding the original Quadrophenia.  Not that other one that is altered from the original

6 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Yes, you are correct, and stupid of me on PG.  I can get that easily.  JC Superstar not so easy and I have had trouble finding the original Quadrophenia.  Not that other one that is altered from the original

I searched 'quadrophenia flac' on PB and there are 5 or 6 on there. Not many seeds, but thats what you get with older stuff. Theres even more if you don't mind mp3's.

http://www.guitars101.com/

is also a handy site.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2017 at 3:11 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I can help you out there. I have both on vinyl and cd and can readily find more and send them to you. PM me your snail mail address. Just specify if you want JC Superstar and Quadrophenia on vinyl or cd.

3 hours ago, Strider said:

I can help you out there. I have both on vinyl and cd and can readily find more and send them to you. PM me your snail mail address. Just specify if you want JC Superstar and Quadrophenia on vinyl or cd.

Hey thanks Sean.  I will send it.  I just read this.  I owe ya.  CD.  

Uber have lost their lisence to operate  in London much too the joy of the City's Black Cab drivers. Black Cab drivers spend a fortune training for their jobs, they have to learn the streets of London off by heart, known as learning the Knowledge.. Then when Uber came in with their sat navs, their price undercutting and their drivers many of whom can't even speak proper English, the well trained "Knowledge" Black Cab drivers started to lose work. Personally I would never use an Uber car, I don't care that they are cheaper...If in London I would want to be driven by someone who knows what they are doing not by some sat nav reliant amateur.

• 3 weeks later...

Enough with the bad news. Time to get happy.

After Tom Petty,, War on Drugs, St. Vincent, Shelby Lynne & Allison Moorer, Courtney Barnett & Kurt Vile, Hope Sandoval, Depeche Mode, and L7,  Rocktober reaches its peak tonight with the Black Angels concert! 

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, ebk said:

Yay!  Please send her my best!! 

21 hours ago, Strider said:

Happy birthday to the Missus. Have a great night. 🎂🍷🎈

Thank you very much. I’m very touched you would take the time for the well wishes. - ❤️  S aka Mrs Walter

• 4 weeks later...