What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

6 minutes ago, ebk said:

The second picture is gorgeous Walter!  

Hope you all have a great time!! 

Thanks E! Drove through your area today, what fucked up traffic y’all have!! Wish we could’ve stopped for a hello, but we’re on a tight time frame...  Hope you’re doing well!! 😘

10 minutes ago, Walter said:

Thanks E! Drove through your area today, what fucked up traffic y’all have!! Wish we could’ve stopped for a hello, but we’re on a tight time frame...  Hope you’re doing well!! 😘

Yeah... less said about the fucked up traffic, the better ;)

Wish I could join you in NY.  You know how I love the place!  Love to the family!! 

53 minutes ago, ebk said:

Yeah... less said about the fucked up traffic, the better ;)

Wish I could join you in NY.  You know how I love the place!  Love to the family!! 

Love back from us to you! 😘

The view from the rooftop bar

3329C424-DF53-4298-9530-FB8A553DABC3.jpeg

2 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Geez. You know, I'm a fan of the alt country and post hippie type musical genres, but these bearded, hipster, "hey ho" bands annoy me to no end.

We need new classic rock bands like the real greats of the 60's and 70's and to a shorter end, the 80's. None of these tech hipster bands are takin' it to the limit. And why does Hollywood suddenly look like Ireland. Big tip- longer track times don't equate epicness, you gotta fill that space with something exciting.

15 hours ago, Walter said:

Took an amazing boat tour around NY harbor with Mrs W and junior. Met some cool peeps from the city and other areas, gonna have them over to the rooftop bar later tonight. Here’s a photo of Lady Liberty taken today from the boat...

6033EF7A-0223-4163-A9CF-B2BE7AA08D00.jpeg

4B295A61-2DFC-49B4-A3DF-089C42CF362B.jpeg

Take a bite out of the Big 🍎! Best to the family.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Won quite a sizable amount in the office football pool! Never expected it though, as I am pretty conservative while betting! 

Congratulations! Now you can buy a nice bottle of Scotch.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

TK is back from vacation! Yes, ebk, it's true.

Don't get too excited.  It's summer.  He does shows whenever he wants to, which isn't on any sort of regular basis at all... 

There's supposed to be one Wednesday evening.  DA may be there.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

Standing on a rooftop bar with friends, watching the moon. Even at half-moon status, it is still bright and beautiful as it slowly sinks in the western sky. Makes me want to listen to "No Quarter".

When we were in NYC, our hotel had an amazing rooftop bar. Here was the view:

39DB4AB4-15E8-43BB-B6BB-5A6F091EABE7.jpeg

D4DEFB4B-694E-4543-8BE5-959698DA9E3F.jpeg

Happy today because Mrs W’s Tahoe finally gave up the ghost after 191K miles and I got a great deal on its replacement. She’s happy and safe, so I am happy too - and the payments wont be too bad either. 

4 hours ago, Walter said:

Happy today because Mrs W’s Tahoe finally gave up the ghost after 191K miles and I got a great deal on its replacement. She’s happy and safe, so I am happy too - and the payments wont be too bad either. 

If I bought a car I would just pay cash for it because going into debt is probably not good.

8 hours ago, Walter said:

Another mazel tov to you and the lovely Mrs. Walter!  Use it in good health.  (yeah, I'm channeling my Yiddish Bubbie right now :) )

On 7/20/2018 at 3:49 PM, Strider said:

Wunderbar!

It was at The Shelburne Hotel in mid-town, Lex and 38th I believe - if you’re familiar with nyc. Great time, except the dog would not go potty on the sidewalk/lightpoles/fire hydrants, etc and was taken aback when the others would crap on the sidewalk. Ears pinned back like “I’m outta here!” Suburb dog for sure! :lol:  

On 7/20/2018 at 8:07 PM, ebk said:

Another mazel tov to you and the lovely Mrs. Walter!  Use it in good health.  (yeah, I'm channeling my Yiddish Bubbie right now :) )

Yeah, she loves it. Sunroof, V-6, and good sound system, so she’s good to go! ;) 

Nice to hear, Kiwi! 

Been cooking for a few days straight preparing meals for my in-laws. M-I-L had her replaced hip, replaced again because of a egotistical shitty doctor. She’s been in a rehab facility since last week and my F-I-L is getting older and can’t do a whole lot to take care of her - so I’ve been making their favorite meals for them, since I have the time. I love cooking, but enough is enough! :D 

20 hours ago, Walter said:

It was at The Shelburne Hotel in mid-town, Lex and 38th I believe - if you’re familiar with nyc. Great time, except the dog would not go potty on the sidewalk/lightpoles/fire hydrants, etc and was taken aback when the others would crap on the sidewalk. Ears pinned back like “I’m outta here!” Suburb dog for sure! :lol:  

Yeah, she loves it. Sunroof, V-6, and good sound system, so she’s good to go! ;) 

You took the dog? All the way in the car? 😮 Wow...that's dedication. 

2 hours ago, Strider said:

You took the dog? All the way in the car? 😮 Wow...that's dedication. 

Yeah he travels well. Sleeps most of the ride, goes at the rest areas. Doesn’t eat much. He swam for the first time ever, while we were in Lake Champlain. Hysterical. He never would in the pool, even with his life vest on. He’d been more freaked out if he’d stayed with a friend, which is what we had to do while in DC with jr’s class. He ran away that time! Dug a hole under her fence and took off looking for us. He’s a character!