Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

What Made You Happy today?

Finally found a brake booster for my 1966 Mercedes diesel 'Fintail.' Found it in Lithuania and at a decent price.

Loving our current sunny weather.

22 minutes ago, redrum said:

Finally found a brake booster for my 1966 Mercedes diesel 'Fintail.' Found it in Lithuania and at a decent price.

Loving our current sunny weather.

Nice!  Is it a 110, 200 or 230?  An old friend had a 200D "Universal" (Station wagon).  That thing just kept going!

Edited by chef free

Enjoying our Christmas lights and lighted tree tonight after an amazing weekend in Atlanta meeting John Butler and seeing the Trio at the Tabernacle Sunday night. Awesome show and very memorable trip. 

11 hours ago, chef free said:

Nice!  Is it a 110, 200 or 230?  An old friend had a 200D "Universal" (Station wagon).  That thing just kept going!

It's a W110. I've driven it even with the bad brakes. Had to use the gears to slow down. Amazing how good it runs. It'll be a head turner when I take it into town and they are just about to open a classic car museum here called 'Thunder Dome.' It's an amazing looking building.

matty-20181110-8529_51_1017530.jpg

20 people showed up at our weekly bluegrass/old time jam session this week.  A great mix of regulars and new folks.  People are introducing more and more new tunes.  We had kind of a train wreck on one I introduced but we are getting there on that one.  It is always a good time.  The group has been jamming every week for 15 years and I have been going for 11 years.  

Here is the tune I introduced recently, done by the incomparable Byron Berline and Dan Crary.  I play a simplified version of what Crary is playing here on guitar.  He is so amazing.

Receiving a birthday phone call from a special friend. Totally made my day! 

Edited to add: I am introverted in 'real life'. I like quiet and low-key birthdays and I usually disconnect from the world for most of the day and well, I don't talk much to people on the phone but this was different! I would much rather receive this one call from this one friend rather than 100's of 'acquaintances'. 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

On 11/27/2018 at 5:15 PM, Walter said:

Excellent news! Glad for you and thanks for the update.  👊🏼

Thank you!!! 

at the weekly bluegrass jam the other night someone kicked off "For What It's Worth" and we gave it a go.  Great fun and one we will definitely continue to work on.  I doubt anyone else in the jam group knows that Zeppelin covered it.

Attended a Christmas Carols Church Service last night. It was wonderfully fun and peaceful. An escape from the mundanity of life. 

The holidays are upon us! Here's for a wonderful Christmas and a more Peaceful and Stable 2019! 

20181216_210033.jpg

20181216_210055.jpg

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

On 12/17/2018 at 12:57 AM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Attended a Christmas Carols Church Service last night. It was wonderfully fun and peaceful. An escape from the mundanity of life. 

The holidays are upon us! Here's for a wonderful Christmas and a more Peaceful and Stable 2019! 

20181216_210033.jpg

20181216_210055.jpg

53 minutes ago, slave to zep said:

An awesome gift from a forum member!

Love it, fellow Peaky 😉

:you_rock:

Beautiful news, folks.

Business as usual, I suppose. I thought I was going to be pissed when me headphones went to hell, but one can always get new one, I think...

:shifty:

A glorious Saturday spent at home in the nice air conditioning watching/listening to LedZepFilm's amazing creation.

I'm over The Flu. I caught The Flu on Jan 3rd John Paul Jones's Birthday.

‘Cuse beating Duke!

HELL YEAH!!!  

A friend lent me a tape deck. I dug out a BB King show I taped at the Manchester Palace 12 October 1986. It sounds fantastic. 32 years old. A wonderful snap shot of what i was doing at the time and BB is on it :thumbsup:

It's Friday arvo, I'm home from work and I have next week off. :yay:

^ Nice! 3-day weekend here! :) 

Participating in a MLK Jr. march/read in on the steps of City Hall this morning with 200 kids. Should be a memorable experience. Perfect morning for it!  

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Just enjoying the cool, morning air (some people call it exercise)...

:thumbsup:

Yeah today’s beautiful Paul! Tomorrow and Monday are gonna be a different story... :freezing:

Happy cause the ‘cuse are kickin Pitt’s asses today and looking forward to a fun night in the neighborhood tonight! 

Edited by Walter