What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Today was initially a day of mixed emotions for me. A friend called to deliver some good news regarding his career. Naturally, I was very happy for him. Then unfortunately, the conversation went south, with him telling me to review my career choices, etc. I took it all with a smile on my face and then, the hurt hit me like a ton of bricks, after the call ended. He tried calling me again for some reason but I refused to pick up, this time. Couldn't take his horribly judgmental remarks any more. 

Then, I saw a post on Facebook that contained the video of good old Dirk and Lerxst giving an interview with the fans at the Rock Hall and all the hurt was gone and forgotten! :D No matter how hurt I feel and no matter how tough life may seem, Rush always manages to cheer me up and put a big smile on my face! Love the music and love the three amazing gentlemen behind the music. Rush will always be my band! :wub: 

Here is the video from Facebook:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Picked up a delicious pizza from my favorite NY style pizza place in downtown and looking at a 3-day weekend - plus the weather is turning out to be beautiful! Nothing like a Friday night! 

:beer: 

Edited by Walter

I figured out which direction the Saucepan (Orions Belt) disappears to in the winter months as well as the movement of the two crosses (I think one is the Southern Cross - there is another close by it) and their relationship to each other in the night sky thanks to lots of fantastic clear night sky's we have had this summer.

9 hours ago, Walter said:

27 years ago today, I made the best decision of my life thus far...marrying Mrs. W.

Happy Anniversary to you and the lovely Mrs Walter!!!  May you have many, many more fabulous years together! 🥂

15 hours ago, ebk said:

Happy Anniversary to you and the lovely Mrs Walter!!!  May you have many, many more fabulous years together! 🥂

Thank you dear! We went to our favorite sushi spot last night for dinner, sat at the sushi bar and sat next to - of all people - Don Sutton!  I had read his book as a kid and learned how to throw a curveball using his technique. Small world...

7 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

You old smoothie. As always the best to you two. Not forgetting Junior

Thanks brotha.  Glad you two got away to Portugal!  Junior has starting playing water polo, would you believe?!? 

Crazy that when we were driving home from dinner listening to satellite radio, the song we had our first dance to at our reception - All My Love - played just before we returned home. Kismet.