What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Not today but last night. We had a lightning storm move through here (rare) and I was able to set up my camera for time exposures on black and white film. I'll develop it later today and keep my fingers crossed that I get some images. :)

:banana::cheer::banana::cheer::yay:

Scoring tickets to BOB DYLAN!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited, because I have had many, many chances to see him and for one reason or another I didn't. And I regret that. But now...I'm excited. :cheer: Up at Deer Valley, near Park City, beautiful venue. I've been checking his set list for this LONG tour and it is all I could ask for, yeeeeeeeee!!!

*One Robert should think about.* wink, wink, ;)

ahhhhhh........................... :D

The barista at Starbucks giving me more change than I should have gotten. My order was $11 even and I gave her a $20. So she handed me $14 in change. Oh well, that's five extra dollars I wouldn't otherwise have!

Maybe she thought she was giving you a five and four ones but accidently gave you a ten and four ones? Well anyway, i would have expected you to admit the mistake (i'm just going by what i have read about your values). IMO, Starbucks is way overpriced, and i personally would have kept the money...i prefer coffee from Dunkin Donuts, tastes better and easier on the finances.

Personally, I say... Congrats on the extra dough, Electrophile! Those bastard corporation c*** s will NOT miss all the extra money. :rolleyes: At Walmart as a cashier, I probably made that same mistake the barista made several times. Ahem. Mistake. A real Robin-Hood type I was :D

Also... what made me happy? My bf came back from his brother-brother camping trip and now I get to be spoiled and pampered once more. Weeeeeh. Plus Phifer(spelling) in catsuit = hot. Meow.

Maybe she thought she was giving you a five and four ones but accidently gave you a ten and four ones? Well anyway, i would have expected you to admit the mistake (i'm just going by what i have read about your values). IMO, Starbucks is way overpriced, and i personally would have kept the money...i prefer coffee from Dunkin Donuts, tastes better and easier on the finances.

TBH, I really don't care if someplace else is more economical. I drink one thing from Starbucks and one thing only; mocha frapps. Since no one else makes those, if I want them.....that's where I have to go. So I don't mind spending $4.45 on a coffee drink if that's the only place that makes what I like. Now if 12 places made them, that would be different. I didn't even realize I had gotten the extra $5 until I got home to put my money back in my wallet. And I wasn't driving back out in the dark in a town that I'm not that familiar with because I've only been here a week just to give the store back five dollars. I'm currently cash-strapped and if I get lucky like that, I don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

And what exactly have you read about my values? I mean, that's quite a curious statement. What about me screams "gives back change"? :huh:

Edited by Electrophile

TBH, I really don't care if someplace else is more economical. I drink one thing from Starbucks and one thing only; mocha frapps. Since no one else makes those, if I want them.....that's where I have to go. So I don't mind spending $4.45 on a coffee drink if that's the only place that makes what I like. Now if 12 places made them, that would be different. I'm not driving back at night in a town I'm not that familiar with because I've only been a week to give back a $5 bill because the barista gave me the same change she gave my sister.

And what exactly have you read about my values? I mean, that's quite a curious statement. What about me screams "gives back change"? :huh:

Whoa...chill out (time for a Frapp)...lol. You just sound liberal to me, reading your views...and i guess i saw "brutal honesty" the way you speak your mind...i thought you saw your change when it was given to you, not later on when you were already gone. Okay, so we agree, you are no more honest than the next guy :)

as for Dunkin Donuts, i wasn't making any suggestions to you, just adding my comments on the coffee house talk.

Whoa...chill out (time for a Frapp)...lol. You just sound liberal to me, reading your views...and i guess i saw "brutal honesty" the way you speak your mind...i thought you saw your change when it was given to you, not later on when you were already gone. Okay, so we agree, you are no more honest than the next guy :)

as for Dunkin Donuts, i wasn't making any suggestions to you, just adding my comments on the coffee house talk.

I didn't think you were, I was just defending my patronization of Starbucks. It's one of the few indulgences I allow myself. And if I had another frapp to drink right now, I probably would drink it. They're good.

And yes, I'm a liberal Godless heathen. That's not my terminology, but I've been called that enough times, it must be true.

I didn't think you were, I was just defending my patronization of Starbucks. It's one of the few indulgences I allow myself. And if I had another frapp to drink right now, I probably would drink it. They're good.

And yes, I'm a liberal Godless heathen. That's not my terminology, but I've been called that enough times, it must be true.

I have had Frappacino's from Starbucks, i know they taste good. I usually just drink coffee with cream because i can't afford the price tag and i don't feel like i'm getting my caffeine fix (although that may not be true) from the "dessert like" drinks, yummy as they are. :)

Edited by ~tangerine~

You Americans and your 'liberal's......

In Australia the Liberal party is conservative. Work that one out.

I personally don't believe people should be so keen to label beliefs and pidgeon-hole a person.

Fraps don't have much coffee in them.

I prefer a Milky Way (a mocha with carmel added) from a local shop; or Caramel Macchiatos from Starbuck's.

I TRY to drink coffee with cream, but I must say: I LOVE espresso-based latte drinks...

my radio!! Everytime I get in the car all my favoritee songs are playin. Been like that for a couple of weeks. Its uncanny I tell ya. Maybe I have way too many favorite songs. man I just want to get in the car and stay in it.

My daughter and I were coming out of the grocery store and I accidentally bumped her arm with my keys. She said (in a loud voice), "Mother! Why do you strike me!?" I cracked up. The other day we were in another store and I thought no one was nearby, so I joined in with her silly walk ( ala Monty Python) down the aisle. A woman came around the corner with her cart and gave me a look that could have killed a small child :hysterical::bagoverhead:

I do not associate with people who are bigots and homophobes, which you have proven yourself to be incarnation after incarnation after incarnation. So I don't care if you handed me the Hope Diamond and a million bucks, I'd throw it back in your face.

I am not nice to those who discriminate and are hateful against others based on race, religion, or sexual orientation. So go shove that where the sun don't shine.

Edited by Electrophile