What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I'm not big on country & western but my mom had this when we were kids.

If you can find the first album they show in this video it was great for the holidays :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiLb08xet6c

That's the kind of country that I grew up with ! Not this country pop stuff that's being stuffed down our throats these day's. Merle Haggard, Marty Robbins, Jimmy Reeves, and yes, Johnny Cash. My Mom used to have that stuff playing all day long. Cooking....Johnny, Cleaning....Jimmy , when the old man got home....Merle.. LOL. She still plays that music.

I gotta say though, when she comes over for a visit, I have to put Vince Gill on for her :D

Just a side note: I also utilize my deep fryer for ducks - boiling them a bit to render fat, then cooking them in the fryer - slicing to use for a quick pan version of Duck Tikka Masala.

Served with a nice merlot.....thinking about this is making me happy today!

I hope you don't throw the ducks in alive... well i ate duck many years ago, but it saddens me to think about it. If cooked right, they did taste good, but i doubt i would like it today.

I was happy that i got to work more overtime (and break up what would have been four days off of work in a row)! Okay being facetious. Well i have the weekend off, i will have a few more bucks in my next pay (that i need badly) and my daughter had a great time going out all day with her Aunt and two cousins (who she adores)! So that made me happy. I can sleep late tomorrow, so looking forward to that!

Happy Birthday to you both!! :birthday::D

I was very happy watching both daughters dance in a holiday celebration this evening; they did an awesome job! :D

Happy Birthday Kat 24 !

Virginia, there's nothing quite like watching your children doing a Christmas evening. Mine are older now but we still laugh at pics and video's of both our son's doing their best at what ever their music teacher had to offer. :lol:

Happy Birthday Kat 24 !

Virginia, there's nothing quite like watching your children doing a Christmas evening. Mine are older now but we still laugh at pics and video's of both our son's doing their best at what ever their music teacher had to offer. :lol:

Thanks :) My oldest was in band through last year, so we always went to a Christmas concert. Those were really fun when they were in 4th/5th grade! :)

Happy Birthday Kat 24 !

Thank you :D!