What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

A slight extension on my job. It's only a couple of weeks, but with the extra cash and the lower prices at the pump, I may take a week's roadtrip come early January. I haven't been anywhere since May and I'm itchin' to wander.

'Cos the wind was my mother,

The highway is my brother.

I was born to wander,

And it's time for movin' on.

I was born to wander,

Turn around and I'll be gone, gone, gone.

My sons came home from college today. :cheer:

I took my office employees to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. The cheesecake was fabulous!

Gave them gift cards from Macy's for Christmas and then we went shopping and I got to watch them buy their own gifts with their cards! One bought a new pair of high-heeled boots, another bought a Coach watch, and one only spent half her money and bought a pair of shoes.

I picked up a few more gifts for my family. I am almost finished shopping. The house is all decorated, and now I can enjoy the season (after I get finished doing the boys laundry that they brought home :lol: ).

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

An epidural injection of cortisone to ease the back pain.

And as usual,seeing any dog!

I hope you feel better!

We had the best time last night; my oldest daughter's dance group performed at a community event and it was the coolest thing I've seen them do before! :) Their costumes were black ninja-like costumes with glow sticks on the front formed into the shape of stick people; and it was techno-pop music :)

Stop mooching off the company and get back to work!!! Oh and i hope you feel better soon, too! :)

Now look here Barbie Doll, I've earned those benefits and I've never mooched off anyone. That's why I pay union dues B)

Thanks I do feel better now :D

I went to Burlington Coat Factory this morning and found the exact type of coat I was looking for! I was so happy and I also got me a new purse, I love purses!! Now all of my Christmas shopping is done. Mom and I put up our Christmas tree and now things are looking so festive!! I am really ready for the holiday and will get a week off from work, yay!! :D:santa:

Great, I hate to see pets or any animals in pain. Is it ok?

yeah he's alright, thanks. he had an operation on his knee, was quite surprised to see the scar, but the dr. took another ligament out and replaced the one around the knee. i just put the cone thing around his head for the night, so he doesnt lick the stiches.

yeah he's alright, thanks. he had an operation on his knee, was quite surprised to see the scar, but the dr. took another ligament out and replaced the one around the knee. i just put the cone thing around his head for the night, so he doesnt lick the stiches.

Yeah, I had one of those cones around a German Shepard mix I had. She wanted to chew em out....

Good, I hope he keeps getting well.

Happy I'm not hanging out with anti kidnapping experts in Mexico.

1. Seems rule one should be steer clear of Mexico. He was snatched and not seen since 12.10.2008

:book:

MEXICO CITY – A U.S. anti-kidnapping expert was abducted by gunmen in northern Mexico last week, a sign of just how bold this nation's kidnapping gangs have become.

U.S. security consultant Felix Batista — who claims to have helped resolve nearly 100 kidnap and ransom cases — was in Saltillo in Coahuila state to offer advice on how to confront abductions for ransom when he himself was seized, local authorities said.

Unknown assailants grabbed him on Dec. 10, said Charlie LeBlanc, the president of the Houston, Texas-based security firm ASI Global LLC., where Batista is a consultant.

"We have notified the FBI and Mexican authorities, and they are working on the case," LeBlanc said Monday. "What we are doing is we're offering our support to the family and hoping for the best."

The U.S. Embassy in Mexico City said it would not comment on the case, and LeBlanc declined to say whether a ransom demand had been received.

LeBlanc said Batista had his own security business and that "he was in Mexico for business that wasn't associated with our company."

"Part of that could be or may involve negotiations with kidnappers," Leblanc said. ASI Global's Web site advertises "kidnap and ransom response" and says the company has worked for major insurance companies.

A woman who answered a phone number listed under Batista's name in Miami, Florida said she did not wish to comment on the case.

Batista was frequently cited as an anti-kidnapping expert at conferences and in the press.

A story in the December issue of the trade magazine Security Management describes how Batista organized relatives' response to a kidnapping in Mexico, even cooking the family meals at times. He advised the family during months-long negotiations that eventually reduced the ransom request to about a third of the original amount the kidnappers had demanded. The victim was eventually released.

Local media reported that Batista was 55 years old, but his age was not included on his professional profile.

Kidnapping has become a rising problem in Mexico, but attacks on U.S. anti-crime consultants have largely been the stuff of movies. The seizure seems to echo the plot of a 2004 movie, "Man on Fire," in which Denzel Washington played a U.S. security consultant who takes on Mexican kidnappers and is abducted himself.

A series of high-profile kidnappings in which the victims were later found dead has sparked outrage in Mexico. In the past year, the bodies of the daughter of Mexico's former sports commissioner and the son of a prominent businessman have been found.

Non-governmental groups claim Mexico has one of the world's highest kidnapping rates, surpassing Colombia.

Earlier this year, more than 100,000 people marched through Mexico City to protest rising crime. Many people carried pictures of kidnapped relatives.

Coahuila's governor set off a nationwide controversy by proposing to reinstate the death penalty for kidnappers who kill their victims.

Coahuila state law enforcement officials who were not authorized to be quoted by name said Batista had been giving talks to local police officials and businessmen on how to prevent or avoid kidnappings.

They said he apparently was snatched from a street outside a restaurant.

A profile of Batista posted — and later removed — from the ASI Global Web site described him as "the primary case officer for all cases throughout the Latin American region."

The site said Batista was a former U.S. Army major who is "known for conducting in-depth threat assessments, the successful resolution of nearly 100 kidnap and ransom cases (many on behalf of major insurance carriers) and investigations." The company denied local media reports that Batista was a former FBI agent, and warned those reports could put his life at risk.

Courtest Yahoo news!

I sure hope for him and fam he is found alive and well :angry:

Edited by Mary Hartman