What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Went running with my son this morning for the first time :)

Hi Virginia! Sounds like you are doing a great job meeting your goals! You should have no problem by the time the marathon comes along! My youngest sister ran in a charity marathon a couple months ago.

I was a "jogger" for years. I easily ran 5 or 6 miles at a time, usually 4 or 5 times a week. Started in my late teens but by my early to mid thirties i had to wean down to walking. My knees started to really feel the shock of running. I mostly ran on hard pavements so that wasn't the best choice. Just be careful. The shin splints heal in a few days, but damage to your knees is another story. Oh i sound like a downer, sorry :) Now swimming is a low impact, high enjoyment sport!

^awesome!

I hate running, no matter how in shape I am, I just can't do it. I hate it.

That said, I lost 4.2 lbs on my first week of my boot camp. :D

WOW; that's awesome!!!!! :D

Hi Virginia! Sounds like you are doing a great job meeting your goals! You should have no problem by the time the marathon comes along! My youngest sister ran in a charity marathon a couple months ago.

I was a "jogger" for years. I easily ran 5 or 6 miles at a time, usually 4 or 5 times a week. Started in my late teens but by my early to mid thirties i had to wean down to walking. My knees started to really feel the shock of running. I mostly ran on hard pavements so that wasn't the best choice. Just be careful. The shin splints heal in a few days, but damage to your knees is another story. Oh i sound like a downer, sorry :) Now swimming is a low impact, high enjoyment sport!

Thanks :) I'm taking it pretty slow; I figure running at any speed will be a personal improvement over walking the race last year (although I did run a little bit). :) I started running for the first time about 4 years ago; I trained for this race several times before actually doing it, and once I got up to running 2 miles at a time I too developed knee problems and had to stop.

This time I was professionally fitted for really good shoes and looks like I'll be getting some special inserts too, since the area I'm running in is hilly. I also run on a treadmill at the gym, but haven't been there recently.

Right now I'm at about a mile and a half of running and 1/2 mile walking; my practice route is 2 miles, so when I can run that twice I'll be ready :)

WOW; that's awesome!!!!! :D

Thanks :) I'm taking it pretty slow; I figure running at any speed will be a personal improvement over walking the race last year (although I did run a little bit). :) I started running for the first time about 4 years ago; I trained for this race several times before actually doing it, and once I got up to running 2 miles at a time I too developed knee problems and had to stop.

This time I was professionally fitted for really good shoes and looks like I'll be getting some special inserts too, since the area I'm running in is hilly. I also run on a treadmill at the gym, but haven't been there recently.

Right now I'm at about a mile and a half of running and 1/2 mile walking; my practice route is 2 miles, so when I can run that twice I'll be ready :)

Well sounds like you are doing it right and i know you will feel great when you run in that race this summer! A tip, if you don't already do this, do some good stretches before you start to run, along with the very important warm-up and cool-down time. Also, make sure you stay well hydrated! Good Luck, Virginia!

^I like swimming a lot. It's nice because you never really sweat--that you know of.

LOL, well you are already wet so yeah, guess wouldn't matter if you did sweat :) You can get a great low impact Cardio workout nevertheless. I have loved swimming since i had lessons at age five. For me, it's just so relaxing and peaceful to be in the water. Nothing quite like it, aside from being asleep...

Well sounds like you are doing it right and i know you will feel great when you run in that race this summer! A tip, if you don't already do this, do some good stretches before you start to run, along with the very important warm-up and cool-down time. Also, make sure you stay well hydrated! Good Luck, Virginia!

Thanks; I definitely will :)

PEACE..YES !!

I DO understand, and surely you knew it was someone who knew you. :)

We go way back. cool runnings and utmost joy to you my friend.

all the best to you and peace ofcourse. no, i didnt know who it was, so it freaked me out, no big deal though.

happiness today, marlboro lights cause i'm sick with a cold in my lungs.

seeing the ikea commercial with the lady yelling, -start the car... for the thousandth time.

Being able to really make a difference in someone's life, even if for only one day. Because of my perseverance and great pride in what i do for a living, i was able to keep a homeless lady from spending tonight in a shelter. It's not easy to get a doctor to stop a discharge, but i did it. Me and all my co-workers were so relieved at the outcome :)

Edited by ~tangerine~