What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Congrats! That's awesome! It's really no small feat to be voted the best eye doctor in a city--no matter how big/small.

I'm sure you have your diehard contact wearers who will still be coming in though.

My RX is almost expired and I'm almost out of contacts, which means health insurance or not, I've got to go. (My glasses' RX is about 3 years old now, so they would just give me a headache.) :angry:

Thanks, Mandy (and Virginia, too).

It is always a good idea to have a back-up pair of glasses.

My sons wear daily disposable contacts, Acuvue Moist. They wear a new pair every day (an extreme luxury, but hey, I get them for free for them.) But last month, the oldest son called me from college and said that he was totally out of contacts and was wearing his glasses. I had just been over to Ohio State and took them out to dinner the week before and could have brought him more contacts then. But he didn't realize he was out until he used his last pair (the dummy!). I tried to take more to him but it was the day of the snowstorm and I got stuck in my driveway and couldn't leave my house. So he had to wear his glasses for several days. The point of this rambling is that you never know when you are going to need those glasses so you should have a decent pair for backup. B)

I wear contacts but mostly glasses. My staff and I have fun with all the latest styles, as we get free or reduced cost glasses from our sales reps. One of my opticians just ordered two new pairs for herself today! She buys alot of shoes, also. :D

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

Thanks, Mandy (and Virginia, too).

It is always a good idea to have a back-up pair of glasses.

My sons wear daily disposable contacts, Acuvue Moist. They wear a new pair every day (an extreme luxury, but hey, I get them for free for them.) But last month, the oldest son called me from college and said that he was totally out of contacts and was wearing his glasses. I had just been over to Ohio State and took them out to dinner the week before and could have brought him more contacts then. But he didn't realize he was out until he used his last pair (the dummy!). I tried to take more to him but it was the day of the snowstorm and I got stuck in my driveway and couldn't leave my house. So he had to wear his glasses for several days. The point of this rambling is that you never know when you are going to need those glasses so you should have a decent pair for backup. B)

I wear contacts but mostly glasses. My staff and I have fun with all the latest styles, as we get free or reduced cost glasses from our sales reps. One of my opticians just ordered two new pairs for herself today! She buys alot of shoes, also. :D

And don't forget the condoms! :o Ya never know ;)

The point of this rambling is that you never know when you are going to need those glasses so you should have a decent pair for backup. B)

I have a decent pair, but the RX is about .25 weaker than my contacts. I wanted to get new lenses in them last year, but sadly, I just couldn't afford them without health insurance and the very limited income I had during the past year.

I wear the Ciba Night and Day--they're good for 30 days, and my doctor tells me to leave them out for 24 hours a week and try to take them out a few nights a week. They're like $70-75 a 6-pack, but that's not too bad, considering I can buy one box at a time-my RX in each eye is really close, one eye just has a very weak astigmatism that I don't correct with the contacts.

I have a decent pair, but the RX is about .25 weaker than my contacts. I wanted to get new lenses in them last year, but sadly, I just couldn't afford them without health insurance and the very limited income I had during the past year.

I wear the Ciba Night and Day--they're good for 30 days, and my doctor tells me to leave them out for 24 hours a week and try to take them out a few nights a week. They're like $70-75 a 6-pack, but that's not too bad, considering I can buy one box at a time-my RX in each eye is really close, one eye just has a very weak astigmatism that I don't correct with the contacts.

That's about the going rate for that brand of contacts. And they do a decent job in masking a small amount of astigmatism. Most eye doctors are not crazy about extended wear/overnight wear of contacts, due to the risks involved (infections, ulcers, infiltrates, etc.). But if you leave them out of your eyes once a week and soak them in disinfecting solution, then they are safe to wear. I always say "when in doubt, take them out". If your not sure that they are hurting or making your eyes red or blurry, just take them out and don't sleep with them on your eyes.

I've had 20/20 my entire life :) then around 45ish had to start wearing reading glasses.

I could never put contacts in my eyes :blink: that would drive me insane :wacko:

You're lucky. But it is more difficult for someone who has had perfect eyesight their entire life to accept that they have to wear reading glasses when they reach presbyopia than it is for someone who has worn them for years.

(Everyone looses their near focusing ability in their mid-forties, even if they have had perfect eyesight their entire life. This is presbyopia.)

You're lucky. But it is more difficult for someone who has had perfect eyesight their entire life to accept that they have to wear reading glasses when they reach presbyopia than it is for someone who has worn them for years.

(Everyone looses their near focusing ability in their mid-forties, even if they have had perfect eyesight their entire life. This is presbyopia.)

Especially since I was a pipefitter/welder the first 7 years of my working career B)

That's about the going rate for that brand of contacts. And they do a decent job in masking a small amount of astigmatism. Most eye doctors are not crazy about extended wear/overnight wear of contacts, due to the risks involved (infections, ulcers, infiltrates, etc.). But if you leave them out of your eyes once a week and soak them in disinfecting solution, then they are safe to wear. I always say "when in doubt, take them out". If your not sure that they are hurting or making your eyes red or blurry, just take them out and don't sleep with them on your eyes.

He's not crazy about them, LOL. He encourages me to take them out of my eyes at night, for sure. The real reason I asked for them is because I HATE it when I fall asleep with them in, then you get up to go to bed and you have to take them out, etc. It ends up waking me up again.

I'm also blind as a bat, so I hate it when I can NEVER find my glasses when I wake up in the middle of the night. I'm hoping to get Lasik once I can afford it. I know I'll probably have to do it again once I'm a bit older, but I really think it would be worth it--even if my eyesight wasn't 20/20--as long as it's better. I also hope that it may help with the bifocal issue when I do get older. I'm not looking forward to that!

I've been wearing this brand for about 7(?) years now. I've honestly never had a problem with them. In fact, I stopped having issues with my eyes after I stopped using a ton of solutions for my contacts. I used to get conjunctivitis a lot, and once an ulcer when I first started wearing contacts, when I was 14 or 15, and once I stopped using all of the cleaning solution, my eyes stopped bothering me.

Edited by manderlyh

I have a weak prescription for glasses that I wear usually only for night driving or at the movies, during presentations, etc.; and I have a pair of prescription sunglasses, but I definitely am due for a new pair. I think my prescription probably needs a little tweaking too :) I tried contacts about 10 years ago but I just couldn't do them. I don't need reading glasses (yet).

It's Friday, temps will be in the upper 70's all weekend and all of the snow that fell earlier this week has melted away! Yay!! :D:cheer:

That made me happy too! The weather was soooo nice today!!

I have a weak prescription for glasses that I wear usually only for night driving or at the movies, during presentations, etc.; and I have a pair of prescription sunglasses, but I definitely am due for a new pair. I think my prescription probably needs a little tweaking too :) I tried contacts about 10 years ago but I just couldn't do them. I don't need reading glasses (yet).

My mom has contacts, but she never wears them. She has a bad astigmatism, so the glasses really to correct her vision much better. It takes her like over an hour to get them in or out of her eyes. I know it's not nice, but it makes me laugh at her. #lol#

I've had 20/20 my entire life :) then around 45ish had to start wearing reading glasses.

I could never put contacts in my eyes :blink: that would drive me insane :wacko:

Lucky! My vision started deteriorating when I was 11 and wasn't able to see the chalkboard very well. Wore glasses for 3 years, then switched to contacts. At first I had a hell of a time putting them in but now that I've worn them for almost 12 years, it's like second nature. You eventually get used to it.

I couldn't imagine putting contacts in either :lol: I only wear glasses for reading so right now it's not that big a deal. Even if I had to wear them all the time I think I'd not go the contact route.

I can't see the 2" number display on my alarm clock without glasses or contacts. :lol:

I have to have corrective lenses. I had to start wearing glasses when I was in 4th grade. I didn't get them until I was in 6th grade, so I was always sitting on the floor in front of the chalkboard at school. It was embarrassing, so when I finally got glasses, I was happy.

I have a friend whose RX is almost twice as bad as mine--mine's -4.75, hers is over -7. She told me that she drove without her contacts in a SNOW STORM when she was home visiting over Christmas break. Talk about scary. I have lost a contact or have one fall out, etc., when I was driving before, and I closed the eye with the contact in it to see what I would be in for if I didn't have corrective lenses. That's pretty scary. I can't even see the lines on the road.

I wouldn't even think of driving anywhere if I didn't have any kind of corrective lenses in. I wouldn't even walk to the mailbox without them!

Edited by manderlyh

I couldn't imagine putting contacts in either :lol: I only wear glasses for reading so right now it's not that big a deal. Even if I had to wear them all the time I think I'd not go the contact route.

:o If I get an eyelash in my eye it feels like a tree limb! I have to wear my reading glasses when reading this post B) I don't like to blow the font up.