What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

It's a beautiful 55 degree/sunny day! Had a lovely lunch at Applebee's and I also caught a sale on two t-shirts: Jimi Hendrix & the Rolling Stones. Only paid $20 for BOTH of them! Now I can add these along with my Zeppelin t-shirt, but I will certainly be getting more Zep and some more rock bands shirts in the future. I think I am gonna start a collection! :D

I am happy because my sons are home from college for spring break. But I have been doing laundry non-stop since yesterday afternoon.

Our family went to Mass tonight and then went to a Mexican restaurant for a great dinner.

Just lounging around now and watching basketball games with them.

:)

PUTTING MY DAUGHTER TO SLEEP IN HER CRIB FOR THE NIGHT!!!!!!

I know exactly what you mean, Misty! My 4 year old was awake until 1am last night. No nap all day and she was up by 10am that morning. Once she goes to sleep i finally get some peace each day, so i look forward to it by the end of the day!

It's a beautiful day outside and i'm off work again today!

The whole weekend: My grandpa visiting, winning a journey to Bukarest in a quiz with my best friends (we're going down there in summer!!! YAY), having party, drink the sunshine and the warm spring air, being on a trip with my friends to the underground gallerias all night long, playing my instruments, returning here and seeing that the Spats thread is history, just EVERYTHING:- )

driving through town today, I was listening to the local classic rock station when I heard "Hi! I'm Jimmy Page." Apparently they lined up some guitarists for a station promo. Jimmy has such a lovely speaking voice. Made a good day even better. :)

Spent the weekend in Galveston. The city is rebounding from the hurricane nicely. We had a second story room with a full view of the beach- without requesting it. The weather is 78 F. I could go on...

B)

Happy to hear things are returning to normal there as well as you having a great weekend :D

A flat tire.

Not really the flat tire,but I luckily made it to one of the national tire chains after a dose of "Fix a Flat," and was I quite pressed for time.

They jumped right on it.

After about 10 minutes,I exited the showroom and headed to the workbay to inquire what caused the flat,as the tires were only like five months old.It couldn't be salvaged.

Low and behold,an attractive young blond dressed in company attire was attending to my now two new tires.Chatted with her a bit ,then headed back to the showroom.

My curiosity had a grip on me,so I asked the guys up front about her.

They said she was probably the fastest and most efficient employee at what she did.

The young woman's work had me on the road at least 20 minutes sooner than I had been promised.

I tipped her a 20 but wish I'd had a 50 on me because she deserved it.

My day went well from there thanks in part to this experience.

Go figure.

A flat tire.

^Oh thanks. no, i just bought it cause its got good sound, got a little bass port in back and all, good design. i just needed a good little radio, with digital tuner for the radio station i listen to. actually its a good design with the snooze bar and its stable and all. its funny, cause really any paper speaker is going to dry out after ten yrs...so none of this stuff lasts that long anyway.

A parrot whose cries of alarm alerted his owner when a little girl choked on her breakfast in Denver, Colorado, has been honoured as a hero.

Willie, a Quaker parrot, has been awarded the Denver Red Cross chapter's Animal Lifesaver Award.

In November, Willie's owner, Megan Howard, was babysitting toddler Hannah, who started to choke on her breakfast when Howard was out of the room.

When Willie repeatedly yelled "Mama, baby" and flapped his wings, Howard returned to find the girl turning blue.

She saved Hannah by performing the Heimlich manoeuvre, but insists Willie is "the real hero".

"The part where she turned blue is always when my heart drops, no matter how many times I've heard it," Hannah's mother, Samantha Kuusk, told KCNC-TV.

"My heart drops in my stomach and I get all teary eyed."

Willie got his award during a "Breakfast of Champions" event on Friday attended by Colorado Governor Bill Ritter and Mayor John Hickenlooper.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=793312

An indian silk summer dress in dark blue and green with golden ornaments I bought yesterday.

Yes, it is hardly 4°C warm outside, yes, it is raining all day and yes, summer is months away...but, hell, I HAVE to show the winter some way that he can kiss my ***!

My sister is into all that organic stuff. Do you really think it matters?

Yes, for some foods.

Any food with a skin that can absorb pesticides into its edible parts is healthier if organically grown.

Pears, apples, tomatoes, lettuce, grapes, cherries, berries, and so on can absorb pesticides into the part that you will consume.

Foods that have a protective peel or rind that do not need to be organic to be free of pesticides are bananas, grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges.

But I do not strictly buy organically grown pears. I just happened to walk by the produce stand and noticed the wonderful fresh scent of those particular pears and knew I had to have them.

I normally select any produce that has a good price.

If I were a cancer patient or someone with health sensitivities, then I would be more careful to concentrate on buying certain foods that are organically grown, blueberries, for instance.

Apples and blueberries are very healthy but you eat the skins. If you have a stomach cancer, for instance, that would be bad. In that case, organically grown apples and blueberries would be a healthier option and could make a big difference on your survival.

If I had a stomach cancer, I would really limit myself to organically grown foods, especially those with outer layers that easily absorb pesticides.

Edited by eternal light