What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

U2 Tickets!!!

:party::yay::cheer:

It's a Beautiful Day!!!!! Awesome, Virginia, you are in for a very special show!!!! Where are your seats?

My sister didn't get the tickets she was supposed to, but we are going to get them from an agent. We will be at the show no matter what :) In the meantime, i'm hoping they will play in my city so we don't have to travel 100 miles.

I'm happy Virginia will be seeing U2, and i bought some really nice fresh fruit today! Four days off of work (started yesterday) is another blessing!

ab01.jpg

I was awakened to a lonely ole friend this morning, after all the cutting and chopping and poking and medications and what ever else was pulsing through my body.

It's good to know many critical systems are coming back on line ;):)

I was awakened to a lonely ole friend this morning, after all the cutting and chopping and poking and medications and what ever else was pulsing through my body.

Time Brother,you've got plenty of it! ;)

:D:wave: Hey there - so good to see you.

I made up my son's easter basket, and had some left over candy, stickers, and toy stuffs. (Yes, I know it's early-I'm a nerd like that). So I made up some treat bags for my younger nieces and nephews that live in town, and dropped them off at my sisters. And the kids were all so happy, they had to call and tell me thank you. It was sweet.

It's a Beautiful Day!!!!! Awesome, Virginia, you are in for a very special show!!!! Where are your seats?

My sister didn't get the tickets she was supposed to, but we are going to get them from an agent. We will be at the show no matter what :) In the meantime, i'm hoping they will play in my city so we don't have to travel 100 miles.

I'm happy Virginia will be seeing U2, and i bought some really nice fresh fruit today! Four days off of work (started yesterday) is another blessing!

ab01.jpg

We're up high, and sort of to the side :) I don't care though, as long as we're not behind the stage :D I so can't wait!! Keith Urban in August and U2 in October...yeah!! And just learned Metallica is coming 2 weeks after U2 but I'm tapped out now :(

I'm glad to hear that things are moving along, Charles!

It's truly good to hear.

I was happy today when I showed up at my subbing job because I had the lady who I was subbing for tell me that "I was a good teacher, and I was appreciated."

THEN one of my friends, who I sub for a lot, said that she "felt good knowing her classes were in my hands" when she decided to take a few extra days off from work after spring break.

Sweet.

(and there's another thing that made me really happy yesterday that I'll announce on Monday...)

I'm glad to hear that things are moving along, Charles!

It's truly good to hear.

I was happy today when I showed up at my subbing job because I had the lady who I was subbing for tell me that "I was a good teacher, and I was appreciated."

THEN one of my friends, who I sub for a lot, said that she "felt good knowing her classes were in my hands" when she decided to take a few extra days off from work after spring break.

Sweet.

(and there's another thing that made me really happy yesterday that I'll announce on Monday...)

:thumbsup:

:D

We're up high, and sort of to the side :) I don't care though, as long as we're not behind the stage :D I so can't wait!! Keith Urban in August and U2 in October...yeah!! And just learned Metallica is coming 2 weeks after U2 but I'm tapped out now :(

Virginia, Since the seats are set up in the round, you won't feel so far away! I am excited for September, but i don't want to rush through the spring and summer months, lol.

I got hired for my first teaching job on Thursday.

I'll be teaching 9th grade English in summer school this summer (thus my thread that I started about short stories/poetry).

It's only summer school, but I was worried I wasn't going to get it. The principal said that he was interviewing eight people for two jobs, and two of my friends were also interviewing for the jobs. So to say the least, I was really estatic when he offered me a job, for the grade I wanted to teach! (he said there were openings for 9th and 12th, I wanted 9th) It's not a full-time job after summer, which means I have to keep looking for a contract job for next year. However, this extra experience will help me find a job, and I'll be making about $7K this summer, for two months' worth of work, (which is MUCH more than I have been making since I quit my job at the grocery store to student teach).

I'm planning a unit on To Kill a Mockingbird right now, and I'm really super excited!!

I start in June officially, but I'm already expected for staff meetings, etc.

I'll be teaching 9th grade English in summer school this summer (thus my thread that I started about short stories/poetry).

It's only summer school, but I was worried I wasn't going to get it. The principal said that he was interviewing eight people for two jobs, and two of my friends were also interviewing for the jobs. So to say the least, I was really estatic when he offered me a job, for the grade I wanted to teach! (he said there were openings for 9th and 12th, I wanted 9th) It's not a full-time job after summer, which means I have to keep looking for a contract job for next year. However, this extra experience will help me find a job, and I'll be making about $7K this summer, for two months' worth of work, (which is MUCH more than I have been making since I quit my job at the grocery store to student teach).

I'm planning a unit on To Kill a Mockingbird right now, and I'm really super excited!!

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

That's wonderful news!!! :D:cheer::thumbsup: Congratulations Mandy!!!

:toast:

:cheer:

Congrats!!

Thanks, Footsteps and all the others who congradulated me!

I'm working on it now. One thing that's annoying--my stupid AC adapter to my computer's got a short in it. I have to hold it down and hold it in place to keep it running. Meh.

I ordered a new one online, but it could be a while before it shows up. I JUST bought a new one in November or December, it seems. It has the same issue the last one had--it got kinked where the plug goes in. I guess I won't be plugging it in when it's on my lap anymore. I had to buy one online because last time I needed one, they didn't sell them at the computer stores around here.