What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I like to bake, but I'm not doing the cake thing except for as a hobby or for friends. It takes too much work, LOL.

I'm happy with the teaching thing--as least, if I get a full time job. ;)

Whatever turns you on Manders. I'd wind up eating all of them. I am worse with pies than cakes. Well anything but a chocolate cake or pie.

Nothing like a great piece of pie and a cup of joe.

The cake came out gorgeous! As did the cupcakes. You have a real knack for that. Do you ever watch the cake decorating shows on Food Network? Some of them are really quite stunning.

No, I don't. I don't have cable.

When I worked at Albertson's, my sister worked in the bakery, and I ended up hanging out in the bakery a lot on my breaks and my lunches. I used to watch the cake decorators, so I think that helped a little bit.

MaryHart--I would probably eat a lot of the cake too. I don't really like cake that much, but that's mainly because I don't like most of the frostings that bakeries use--the shortening stuff makes me gag just thinking about it. It always smells really good, but once I start eating it, I'm like, "ugh." (I used to experience that a lot when I worked at Albertson's.)

Saw a sign today. Was a huge odd shaped rock really someone put square in their front yard. Painted on it in neon spray paint...

Love

EVERYONE

Now we do have a huge amount of artists here. Much of it I wouldn't toss a dead cat at. But that simple sign made it's point.

No, I don't. I don't have cable.

When I worked at Albertson's, my sister worked in the bakery, and I ended up hanging out in the bakery a lot on my breaks and my lunches. I used to watch the cake decorators, so I think that helped a little bit.

MaryHart--I would probably eat a lot of the cake too. I don't really like cake that much, but that's mainly because I don't like most of the frostings that bakeries use--the shortening stuff makes me gag just thinking about it. It always smells really good, but once I start eating it, I'm like, "ugh." (I used to experience that a lot when I worked at Albertson's.)

Well you certainly have a natural talent for it :)

I love to bake. I have a ton of old cake recipes from the 40s and 50s that were in magazines of the time.....most for Swans Down Cake Flour.

One of my favorites is the Spring Blossom Cake with Pale Lemon frosting. It's divine.

Sounds divine! I have my grandmother's old cookbook from the 30s and it was compiled of recipes from some Jewish Women's club she belonged to. It's great how they wrote them up - so much wasn't really measured out. Pinch of this, smear of that :lol:

Ninelives~~thanks for the positive strokes, it helps a lot in staying "quit"

Mandy~~beautiful cakework (cake + artwork), is that a word or did I just make it up? Especially love the freezing one.

Buck'eye'Doc~~you have a slice of paradise!

Like redrum, I received something in the mail today too. A set of Gumby and set of Totoro pinback buttons that I'd ordered from Etsy.com. They are soooo cute. Still waiting for other ones I've ordered, various religious icons. Don't know yet how I will use them, on some type of knit or sewn craftwork.....any suggestions? :)