What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Thank you! We spent most of that day in the ER. She woke up with a migraine, dizziness, and heavy sweating. I think I would hav ebeen less scared if I was in her position then if I was the one worrying.

Vertigo is a terrible thing. I know a couple of people who are suffering from it. One has been out of work for weeks. It is tough being in the position to worry - I know that well ;)

What made me happy today is the silence of the neighbors who had been arguing for six hours in a row. At one moment I just freaked and had to tell them to shut the fuck up. Since then they are indeed quiet. Damn.

Edited by reswati

Thank you! We spent most of that day in the ER. She woke up with a migraine, dizziness, and heavy sweating. I think I would hav ebeen less scared if I was in her position then if I was the one worrying.

I'm glad she is ok; my mom had that once before too and it was scary :(

This doens't sound lie something to be happy about but my mom was diagnosed today with labryntitis causing vertigo today. But I am very happy because tah's all it is. At frist the doctors checked for internal bleeding in her head, and it really freaked me out so I'm happy that's all it is.

That's great that that's all it is, even if vertigo is no fun at all. Internal bleeding in the head is definitely bad news, but I survived even that, so even then all might have been well. But I'm very happy that your mom doesn't have that to worry about, and that she'll not only be fine, she's got an illness with a cool name! ;)

lzfan715 I hope your mom is feeling better soon! Virginia, i know how proud you are of your son!

I was happy to watch the DVD of my daughter's ballet recital. I also loved the way her cousin's eyes lit up when he saw her in it. Makes me so happy to see how much her and her cousins love each other. Had a great day at the swim club. I loved watching my daughter swim and play in the pool! I am sad i have to miss a great cook-out at my sister's house tomorrow for the joy of spending 12hrs at work! I will be happy again at 7pm tomorrow night! Also happy i was able to tell someone how i truly feel about them today.

Edited by ~tangerine~

lzfan715 I hope your mom is feeling better soon! Virginia, i know how proud you are of your son!

I was happy to watch the DVD of my daughter's ballet recital. I also loved the way her cousin's eyes lit up when he saw her in it. Makes me so happy to see how much her and her cousins love each other. Had a great day at the swim club. I loved watching my daughter swim and play in the pool! I am sad i have to miss a great cook-out at my sister's house tomorrow for the joy of spending 12hrs at work! I will be happy again at 7pm tomorrow night! Also happy i was able to tell someone how i truly feel about them today.

I bet she was so excited to see herself on the DVD :) Sorry you have to work tomorrow :(

I bet she was so excited to see herself on the DVD :) Sorry you have to work tomorrow :(

She was happy to see heself, but instead of sitting and watching, she kept doing her dance! What a treasure this DVD is for me!

I picked Memorial Day for my summer holiday (have to work one summer and one winter holiday). I always get my choice. I just wish i could know in advance which holidays the cook-outs will fall on in advance :). That's okay, my sister and brother-in-law cook out alot! Have a great holiday!

Hey thanks, Patrycja! Sounds truly awe inspiring! I highlighted my favorites from your set list. Do you remember on his first album (I think) a song called "Teacher"? It brings back memories, too.

Also, Judy Collins covered a song of his called "Dress Rehearsal Rag" on her album In My Life. Do you remember it? Well, here's to you...:toast:

Hey Fan S :wave:! Well, you got me about those songs, I don't recall them off hand, so I'll have to do some digging - always fun looking for musical treasures! Thanks for the suggestion :toast:

Today I have been to a birthday party, well, actually two b-day parties, a friend of mine and her son celebrated their b-day together. The baby is one year old and sooooooooo cute, my friend was so happy, it was in a very beautiful place close to SP, with lots of trees, birds, the weather was beautiful too. Really a lovely day spent with good and happy friends. :) :)

Today I have been to a birthday party, well, actually two b-day parties, a friend of mine and her son celebrated their b-day together. The baby is one year old and sooooooooo cute, my friend was so happy, it was in a very beautiful place close to SP, with lots of trees, birds, the weather was beautiful too. Really a lovely day spent with good and happy friends. :) :)

:D Sounds like a great day! So happy you had a good time and the weather was nice :)

Hey Fan S :wave:! Well, you got me about those songs, I don't recall them off hand, so I'll have to do some digging - always fun looking for musical treasures! Thanks for the suggestion :toast:

Hi, Patrycja! I'm gonna send you to do some more digging. :lol: There's a rather lovely, evocative song by Cohen on Judy's Wildflowers album called "Priests". Do you recall it? It so unique because it has minimal triangles pinging. Of course the lyrics...well, superb! ;)

:beer:

Hi, Patrycja! I'm gonna send you to do some more digging. :lol: There's a rather lovely, evocative song by Cohen on Judy's Wildflowers album called "Priests". Do you recall it? It so unique because it has minimal triangles pinging. Of course the lyrics...well, superb! ;)

:beer:

Great album :)

She was happy to see heself, but instead of sitting and watching, she kept doing her dance! What a treasure this DVD is for me!

I picked Memorial Day for my summer holiday (have to work one summer and one winter holiday). I always get my choice. I just wish i could know in advance which holidays the cook-outs will fall on in advance :). That's okay, my sister and brother-in-law cook out alot! Have a great holiday!

:D

I think the 5 of us are doing our own small cookout today; we're still really tired from our trip so no plans to get together with family for this one (actually everyone else here is still asleep!). Then back to work tomorrow.

[re: Wildflowers LP, Judy Collins]

Great album :)

Hi, ninelives! :wave: Judy, once again turns my head upside down! Pure poetry. Yes! Do you love her cover of "Michael From Mountains"? Joni did it in her debut album, Song To A Seagull. Sometimes, (depends on my mood) that's my favorite Joni album.

On Wildflowers, Judy is phemonenal--her arranger (Joshua Rifkin, I think) did a terrific job in complementing her voice. (lots of violas and cellos) Plus, she's a great songwriter in her OWN right, of course--think of "Sky Fell", "Since You Asked" and "Albatross". "Albatross" was on the soundtrack in an old movie--late 60s starring Patricia Neal (sorry can't recall what film). Do you know it? I tried googling it. Sorry, to no avail.

Hi, ninelives! :wave: Judy, once again turns my head upside down! Pure poetry. Yes! Do you love her cover of "Michael From Mountains"? Joni did it in her debut album, Song To A Seagull. Sometimes, (depends on my mood) that's my favorite Joni album.

On Wildflowers, Judy is phemonenal--her arranger (Joshua Rifkin, I think) did a terrific job in complementing her voice. (lots of violas and cellos) Plus, she's a great songwriter in her OWN right, of course--think of "Sky Fell", "Since You Asked" and "Albatross". "Albatross" was on the soundtrack in an old movie--late 60s starring Patricia Neal (sorry can't recall what film). Do you know it? I tried googling it. Sorry, to no avail.

Hi fan_s :wave: Song to a Seagull is a GREAT Joni album (she's one of my absolute favorites btw as is the album) and yes, I do love Judy's cover of Michael From Mountains equally. Such a gorgeous voice - well both of them. Hmm - can't think offhand of the film with Patricia Neal you are referring to. If it comes to me, I'll let you know but she's a great actress as an aside.

Hi fan_s :wave: Song to a Seagull is a GREAT Joni album (she's one of my absolute favorites btw as is the album) and yes, I do love Judy's cover of Michael From Mountains equally. Such a gorgeous voice - well both of them. Hmm - can't think offhand of the film with Patricia Neal you are referring to. If it comes to me, I'll let you know but she's a great actress as an aside.

Thanks, ninelives. Did you see Neal in an old, old movie (of course! haha) The Fountainhead? with Gary Cooper?

What made me happy today is the silence of the neighbors who had been arguing for six hours in a row. At one moment I just freaked and had to tell them to shut the fuck up. Since then they are indeed quiet. Damn.

My theory is: if I can hear the argument, I gain the right to say shut the hell up. ;)

We finally got this place back in order after all the new furniture and things came in. I'm kind of a creature of habit so we compromised on doing a halfway change of things.

And I opened some cool emails from a citrus fruit.

The last one was the best thing.