What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Aw, that must have been so cute! :) Congrats to her on passing her swim test! :cheer:

Thanks, Virginia! One more session and then a final swim test in 4 weeks. Congrats to your children on their accomplishments on swim team! I'm glad your daugther is feeling better, too.

So today we plan on asking Brad how old he is :)

1. Pay day.

2. My students are FINALLY done with their bloody research project. Let me tell you--that was totally PULLING TEETH. (sigh)

3. The fact that I've done laundry on Wednesday night instead of waiting until Friday night.

4. Buying a few "small things" at Costco today. (tee-hee...I said "small things" made me happy)

5. The fact that I'm totally relaxed and NOT uptight about what we're going to tomorrow in class. (I LOVE not being totally freaked out about what other people are going to say about my teaching, which is what I HATED about student teaching.)

6. One of my students told me today that I have treated him with more respect than all of his other teachers combined. That made me happy--I really DO give respect to my kids. You wanna talk crap about my kids? No way, buddy. I jumped all over someone today for making a snide comment about them when I was venting. :lol: I'm a mother hen.

Serbia will finally be on White Schengen list (probably September) so I will be able to travel!!!! FINALLY!!! These are the best news in past 10-15 years! :hurrah: :hurrah:

No more visas and waiting and those fuc*ing old passports!

Congratulations on that, _Lena_Zep! I know what you mean :yesnod: I think if we were where your country is now, I'd go to Knebworth in August. :D

Thanks, Virginia! One more session and then a final swim test in 4 weeks. Congrats to your children on their accomplishments on swim team! I'm glad your daugther is feeling better, too.

So today we plan on asking Brad how old he is :)

Oh my; good luck! :D

Sooooo, I take it you weren't alarmed @ the bustle in your hedgerow. Hi, Reswati! :wave:

Lol, Fan S......nothing alarming but nice to know that my garden attracts these kinda animals.

Hope you are doing fine, I have a work-free day right now so I am gonna soak up the sun.

Lol, Fan S......nothing alarming but nice to know that my garden attracts these kinda animals.

Hope you are doing fine, I have a work-free day right now so I am gonna soak up the sun.

:lol: "If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now" :whistling:

Greetings to you in Nederland, Reswati! I'm glad you're getting a nice break. Me too, on vacay. I should tidy up my cluttered apt. a bit. But there's no spring clean for this self-proclaimed May queen, yet. (If you know what je mean.) But soon!haha.

Enjoy the downtime! :suntan::beer:

Edited by Fan_S.

small things

Will you just F-off! Do you actually say anything else or anything to do with Zepp, are you even a fan?

Well what made me happy was I went to a walk and instead of listening to my iPod (I usually do) I didn't. And hearing the birds and the wind blowing through the trees, the rain on the leaves and flowers...

Will you just F-off! Do you actually say anything else or anything to do with Zepp, are you even a fan?

Well what made me happy was I went to a walk and instead of listening to my iPod (I usually do) I didn't. And hearing the birds and the wind blowing through the trees, the rain on the leaves and flowers...

Let him be the way he is = %~!@

Anyway,

I would suggest you not to listen to your iPod cause you can miss so many beautiful things. Like you said, wind blowing through the trees and rain, rain on the rooftops, birds and their melodies, insect buzzing (I can hear that) and ships that sail, different languages on the street and laughter... The list is endless.

The girls' dance recital dvd came today so we can watch tonight :cheer:

And it's 90 outside and extremely humid (62%) but I still got my mileage in, even though I'm beet red and about to keel over :veryhot: I'm training for a race in September and started running from zero again in June.

The girls' dance recital dvd came today so we can watch tonight :cheer:

And it's 90 outside and extremely humid (62%) but I still got my mileage in, even though I'm beet red and about to keel over :veryhot: I'm training for a race in September and started running from zero again in June.

I know how exciting watching that DVD will be! I cherish my daughter's recital DVD! I am hoping to see the recital i went to for my nieces (that was quite a production). My daughter will be attending their dance studio in September (the original owner has been in the business for 60 years)! Virginia, you might enjoy this link: http://www.kaysact2.com/

Good luck with the training. Just make sure you stay well hydrated in this heat.

I enjoyed another great day at the swim club. Then watching my daughter at gymnastics (seeing her learn new skills and just having a blast). Then the 20 minute rain storm a half hour ago, that dropped some hail on us, made me happy. It was just really neat and although we got caught out in it, it was great!

I know how exciting watching that DVD will be! I cherish my daughter's recital DVD! I am hoping to see the recital i went to for my nieces (that was quite a production). My daughter will be attending their dance studio in September (the original owner has been in the business for 60 years)! Virginia, you might enjoy this link: http://www.kaysact2.com/

Good luck with the training. Just make sure you stay well hydrated in this heat.

I enjoyed another great day at the swim club. Then watching my daughter at gymnastics (seeing her learn new skills and just having a blast). Then the 20 minute rain storm a half hour ago, that dropped some hail on us, made me happy. It was just really neat and although we got caught out in it, it was great!

Thanks for the link; I just pm'ed you :) It looks great!

I was hoping for rain while I was running but no luck, lol. The swim club sounds wonderful, I would love to jump in the pool right now!

Thanks for the link; I just pm'ed you :) It looks great!

I was hoping for rain while I was running but no luck, lol. The swim club sounds wonderful, I would love to jump in the pool right now!

The swim club has chased away the winter blues, :) I wish i lived in a warmer climate where i could swim most of the year.

Glad you enjoyed the link!

small things

Seriously. This needs to stop.

Anyway, this technically wasn't today, but last night me and a bunch of girls went to one of the hottest nightspots in town...hung out at the rooftop. We were pretty much the only people up there so we felt like celebrities! I ran up a huge tab but I had a fabulous time.

Edited by Zepulon

I got paid yesterday. Being without health insurance and virtually without a job (my biggest paycheck to date before this one this year was $980 for the entire month, before that it was like $700), I've been so broke that I can't afford anything. Not even necessities.

Well, today, I was able to go to the eye doctor and not only order new contacts with my new RX, I was also able to get new lenses in my glasses! My glasses' RX is about three years old, so it's a big deal. If my eyes hurt, I will be able to actually see with them on!!!!