What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I went to the library today. It was a very nice trip. I ended up getting a book that i'm about to read. I love going and finding all the old tattered books, makes me wonder who else has read them, did they like the story, and where all the book has been.

The library is just sort of a place to get away for me. i really must start going more often. I love to read and haven't done much of it lately.

Two things:

1. Noticing that someone very irritating has been banned recently.

2. Finally feeling human again after a long weekend in Vegas. Seriously, I'm way too old to drink that much! This was my friends and me :drunk:

Edited by Gigi

:) Hi guys! Yeah! Sammy Davis, Jr. just sings the heck outta the song "There's A Boat That's Leaving Soon, For New York"! (I love(s) :PPorgy & Bess opera, too! :) ) (I also happen to be a Sidney Poiter fan)

Last night I had to stay up to make sure that my sister went to sleep and that she won't wake up in the night, while my mum went to bed, what made me happy was, although my neck felt stiff after falling asleep in the chair, is that my mum got the sleep she hasn't had four weeks. :)

The sunrise was magnificent on Maryland's Eastern Shore this morning. I only wish I had time to snap a pic. I was crossing the Choptank and was having trouble keeping my eyes on the road. Just one more reason this area is considered God's country by many.

Well it wasn't exactly today but yesterday my catscan came back normal and I get a two week break in my treatments because my blood platelets were low.

God it feels good to feel good! :)

That is wonderful news Charlie!!! So glad you're feeling well :)

Well it wasn't exactly today but yesterday my catscan came back normal and I get a two week break in my treatments because my blood platelets were low.

I'm so happy for you! That's good news to hear, I'm glad you are feeling well.

Hi Charlie! Sorry to hear about the thrombocytopenia. Be careful you don't hurt yourself (you could bleed alot if you do). On the other hand, glad you are feeling good for a change! Great news about the CT Scan results! Keep up your strength, your fight is almost over! I will message you back soon!

That's wonderful, I'm so glad you are feeling better! :)

Hey that's great Charlie! :) I'm glad you're getting a break and have some time of feeling good! I'm still sending ya good vibrations. :)

i made baked clams for my sis in laws birthday. doing the baking part right now...used red onions and panko bread crumbs this time, so we'll see how them come out. i dont put the mixture back in the clam shells, thats way too much work, put it in a pie or bread glass container, so its all to do to get the top crispy a bit...otherwise its clam dip, which is good too.

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Great news, Charles!

Hope that you keep feeling well.

Just read about the recent hospitalization. I hope that they took good care of you and that you had a pretty nurse. :lol:

This morning I had a really horrible migrain, so after a handfull of tablets and a walk I feel much better, the fresh air has done me good, and the weather has been and still is beautiful.

Sorry to hear about the headache, JAL. :(

I also get migraines. I take a prescribed medication named Zomig and it works fantastic on my migraine headaches.

I had the mother of all headaches on Sunday night and Monday. Nothing helped it. I was in misery and had to miss work on Monday, staying in bed all day. Finally, after vomiting, it finally let up around 6PM. Then the body aches started. I had a fever of 101.7 F. My husband, the doctor, said that I had the flu. It was horrible. I am just feeling back to normal today. I don't know if it was the swine flu or not, but it really hit me hard. I went back to work on Tuesday, but cancelled the appointments for patients who were aged and frail as I didn't want to expose them to the virus. I washed my hands constantly and kept everything clean with alcohol and Lysol. So far, none in my family or my office employees have gotten sick yet. I think I picked up the virus from the chalis at Communion on Sunday. I don't normally take the Precious Blood at Communion due to germaphobia, but I had to this past Sunday since I was an Eucharistic minister. I followed a kid who was the Server who always drools into the cup for Communion. He's probably the one who made me sick. YUK!

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC