What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I was able to get my son into a higher math class at his request (that's the part that tickles me, as math was never my subject) :)

Good for your son.. math was never my subject either. I was always hoping for it to be over, not trying to do more of it. Haha.

I made an appointment to go look at wedding dresses tomorrow! This will be my first time trying any on so I'm kind of excited about that :D

I was told today that there is a plan for me and my dad to move to Orkney which is where I would love to live, it's so peacful and beautiful, I love it. The idea of it is that my dad would have a place where he could retaire and to do archeology (sp?) which is what he truely loves doing. We're going to live in Orkney during the summer becuase the winters are terrible and come back to Oxford in the winter.

It's also a great chance for me becuase now I don't have the pressure to look after the house and dad as much.

With school, I'll live in Oxford of course. But we are going to have to sell the house which we in now, which will be hard becuase we both love the house. This is gonna happen in about 18 months time. The only thing that is in our way is that it might be hard to get the internet or if we do have it, it would be very very slow.

:yay::hurrah: :hurrah: I'm so happy

I am so happy for you, Lucia! It sounds so beautiful!!! I just looked at some pictures too!! Please keep me posted. I hope you can get to the internet. I would miss your posts and you as well.

Edited by aen27

I'm going to Barcelona with my boyfriend in October! Yeah boi! I'm super-duper excited about the trip, but slightly apprehensive about the flight. I'm not a good flyer.

:cheer: That sounds fantastic!!! A place on my list to visit some day. So happy for you. I would imagine it's not a long flight for you. I used to be a lousy flier but I've sort of gotten over it as I got used to it.

I was told today that there is a plan for me and my dad to move to Orkney which is where I would love to live, it's so peacful and beautiful, I love it. The idea of it is that my dad would have a place where he could retaire and to do archeology (sp?) which is what he truely loves doing. We're going to live in Orkney during the summer becuase the winters are terrible and come back to Oxford in the winter.

It's also a great chance for me becuase now I don't have the pressure to look after the house and dad as much.

With school, I'll live in Oxford of course. But we are going to have to sell the house which we in now, which will be hard becuase we both love the house. This is gonna happen in about 18 months time. The only thing that is in our way is that it might be hard to get the internet or if we do have it, it would be very very slow.

:yay::hurrah: :hurrah: I'm so happy

Orkney! Never been there but I used to love listening to Donovan's album Gift from a Flower to a Garden, which conjures up the feeling of the area, and of course I've seen pictures. It's one of the most exotic places I can imagine to live, so beautiful and so remote. :)

:cheer: That sounds fantastic!!! A place on my list to visit some day. So happy for you. I would imagine it's not a long flight for you. I used to be a lousy flier but I've sort of gotten over it as I got used to it.

Thank you!! :D The flight will be about 2 hours long. Not too bad. The best thing about living near the Continent is the amount of cheap flights on offer. These cost less than £40 return. We're staying pretty much in between the Barri Gotic (the Gothic Quarter) and the harbour, so hopefully we'll get nice weather. Apparently, October is a rainy month for Barcelona.

Good for your son.. math was never my subject either. I was always hoping for it to be over, not trying to do more of it. Haha.

I made an appointment to go look at wedding dresses tomorrow! This will be my first time trying any on so I'm kind of excited about that :D

Oh, have fun!! :D

Oh, I remember those days! That was so much fun - enjoy yourself!

I'm happy today because my husband and I starting planning our anniversary trip to New York City in October and we're going to go to a Mets/Astros game. Fun! I love the Big Apple!

Thank you!! :D The flight will be about 2 hours long. Not too bad. The best thing about living near the Continent is the amount of cheap flights on offer. These cost less than £40 return. We're staying pretty much in between the Barri Gotic (the Gothic Quarter) and the harbour, so hopefully we'll get nice weather. Apparently, October is a rainy month for Barcelona.

I envy how easy it is for you to get to so many places! Take lots of pics :D

That would be a nice place to go, for sure. I wish I lived in Europe sometimes because it would be much easier (as in faster and a bit cheaper) to travel to different countries than it is in The States.

I'm happy today because I GOT MY CAMERA BACK!

I had to send my camera in for repairs in July because the battery catch thing that holds the battery into the camera broke off. Sony did a GREAT job of repairing it and even replaced another damaged, but perfectly functioning part of the camera (marred because my mom dropped it in the driveway).

...and yay, Charles! :cheer: I'll have a POT of joe for you, my man! :D

Edited by manderlyh

I'm so happy to hear that you're happy, Lucia. ;)

I've just seen the photos of Orkney, it is beautiful. Looks like the quiet place where you can enjoy every bit of the nature.

And the internet - what could we do without your posts of Jimmy's pics? :P

I am so happy for you, Lucia! It sounds so beautiful!!! I just looked at some pictures too!! Please keep me posted. I hope you can get to the internet. I would miss your posts and you as well.

Thank You! Yes I absolutly love it there, it is a very 'me' place, it suits me unlike city life. It's nice to know that I will be missed but of course I will try to go on this forum. But we don't have to worry untill 18 months-ish time :)

Orkney! Never been there but I used to love listening to Donovan's album Gift from a Flower to a Garden, which conjures up the feeling of the area, and of course I've seen pictures. It's one of the most exotic places I can imagine to live, so beautiful and so remote. :)

That's why I love it :) It lets me breathe unlike in the city, as much as I like Oxford.

Im still crying............

:blink:

Maybe I should repost in the "What Made You Unhappy Today" section or start another post entitled; "What Made You Happy, Then Unhappy Today" post, or perhaps entitled; "Things That Made Your Pants Tight But Your Brain Took Over".....i dunno.

Edited by Ronniedawg