What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

1. new brakes (just the pads, but both sets)

2. new tires (they're shot--these have top priority)

3. new cv boots or joints, whichever my car has

4. a/c compressor clutch

5. new window gaskets

...and a few other things that I can't remember off the top of my head.

It's been a good car, it's just in need of some (pricey) maintenance.

Sounds like a cash for clunkers candidate, sorry :(

Today, when I was going in to work, a gentleman who works in the same building actually held the door open for me. And I was a quite a ways behind him, but he waited patiently. I was impressed! Not very many people nowadays would have done that...it's nice to know there are still nice people out there.

Bonnie you need to post more.

Your sig picture is brilliant!!!!! :lol:

4. a/c compressor clutch

5. new window gaskets

1. Gotta do it before you add turning the drum because you didn't change out the pads soon enough!

2. I feel your pain, just put new shoes on our Yukon.

3. The boot goes over the CV Joint and hold grease in place for the joint, you can eek by for a bit longer if you have Dave shoot some axle grease into the torn boot every few weeks.

4. Please you live in Idaho. :rolleyes:

5. Damn fix those, you live in Idaho! :D

Still holding my XXX for one of those offers in your chosen profession....so you can fix your car and get to work!

Ah life in the US of A. :D

Hi Danny,

You know i am (very proud)! She can swim underwater and even backfloat (though only for a few seconds unsupported). She jumps into the pool and has even gone on the big slide! I am signing her up for lessons this fall at a nearby raquetclub/fitness center that has an indoor pool and provides kids programs, including swim lessons all year round! You know, your son isn't too old for lessons if he needs a few :) Do you swim, Danny?

Hi Tangerine,

About as good as i ride a bike, and thats brill, :D but if you think i'm comming to get you across the pond lady think again, i aint that good yet. :lol:

Seriously though, i can swim alright, just not as good as when i was a lot younger, i use to frequent the Lido every day and i would never get tired of swimming, oh the fruits of youth aye, i used to swim like a Bannana now i float like a Dried Plum (Prune) :lol: How about you tangerine?

Kind Regards, Danny

My daughter's last swim lesson, and being told by her instructor how great she has done! In eight weeks my four year old can swim! Now i hope she passes her final swim test for the season (first one was much easier), tomorrow! She is also due to receive her "perfect attendance" trophy!

That's wonderful!! :D Good luck to her on her test!

1. Gotta do it before you add turning the drum because you didn't change out the pads soon enough!

2. I feel your pain, just put new shoes on our Yukon.

3. The boot goes over the CV Joint and hold grease in place for the joint, you can eek by for a bit longer if you have Dave shoot some axle grease into the torn boot every few weeks.

4. Please you live in Idaho. :rolleyes:

5. Damn fix those, you live in Idaho! :D

Still holding my XXX for one of those offers in your chosen profession....so you can fix your car and get to work!

Ah life in the US of A. :D

I hate to tell you, it's much more than the a/c. My interior is black, and believe it or not HM, though it's hotter where you are, in order to get to point A to point B in summer heat without being a sweaty mess, I need it. I haven't used it this summer when I don't need it because I know it's not working well.

The a/c works, but it squeals. The car squeals every time it starts up.

The gas mileage is compromised now too, becuase the compressor clutch keeps trying to engage--even when it's NOT on. I have a major repetitive power draw from the a/c, similar to that you feel in cars that aren't running well and the a/c is on. It didn't do that before--even last summer. Now it's lost power, etc.

Yeah...calling around for middle of the road tires is the goal of today. <_<

Charles, other than those things, the car runs very well. My mechanic said if I ever wanted to sell it, he'd buy it.

I've thought about buying a new car, but since I haven't had full-time employment for over a year because of school, etc., I can't do it. I need to fix it and keep driving it--plus, no one would loan me money without having a steady income. ;)

I bought a new computer today.

I got a Macbook Pro.

I'm excited as hell, but I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET ON THE BLOODY INTERNET WITH IT! We have a secured network that Dave's friend (who doesn't like on this side of the country anymore) set up--now I can't figure out how to get into it.

Therefore, I'm still using the old computer that freezes all the time. <_<

I got a Macbook Pro.

I'm excited as hell, but I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET ON THE BLOODY INTERNET WITH IT! We have a secured network that Dave's friend (who doesn't like on this side of the country anymore) set up--now I can't figure out how to get into it.

:cheer: Macs rock :D Good luck getting on the internet!

I got a Macbook Pro.

Awesome! :thumbsup: Yeah, good luck with the Internet...darn machinery!

I'm honestly getting quite irritated.

According to the Airport, it's ready to go--I'm connected.

THEN I go and open up Safari...and IT SAYS IT'S NOT CONNECTED!

Ugh.

I can plug in the ethernet, and it works...sometimes. (sigh)

edit: I'm guessing this actually belongs in the Pet Peeves thread. ;)

Edited by manderlyh

4. a/c compressor clutch

5. new window gaskets

How much did you end up paying for all these repairs?

Hi Tangerine,

About as good as i ride a bike, and thats brill, :D but if you think i'm comming to get you across the pond lady think again, i aint that good yet. :lol:

Seriously though, i can swim alright, just not as good as when i was a lot younger, i use to frequent the Lido every day and i would never get tired of swimming, oh the fruits of youth aye, i used to swim like a Bannana now i float like a Dried Plum (Prune) :lol: How about you tangerine?

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi Danny, I like you too much to ask you to swim across the ocean :) much too dangerous. I have loved swimming since i was five. I had lessons for a couple of years when i was young and learned all the strokes. I have swam in all kinds of water, from lakes to the grassy Florida bay, and even in the Florida Everglades (weren't supposed to be there, but didn't realize we had gotten away from the Gulf of Mexico) was pulled over by the Coast Guard. One of my three favorites things in life (sleeping, swimming, and eating, lol) and then the third S. B)

I got happy at 11:05pm when i was walking to my car after a busy day at work. Happy to start my countdown to my next vacation, just five more shifts until i have off for 14 days!

We bought a new router and a new printer.

I'm online with my new Mac!

We had all the information for the router, but it was so old (about six years old) that it didn't have the easy set-up instructions like others. It was a pain in the ass, but now we've upgraded our router from a G to an N. Yess!

The laptop's just old. It doesn't have any spyware or viruses according to all the trouble shooting our friend (a computer networking security guy)--at least as of last March. It's just OLD.

I bought a new printer today, too. It's a pretty cool one. We'll see how I like it in a few days, after I've figured out all its bells and whistles.

We had all the information for the router, but it was so old (about six years old) that it didn't have the easy set-up instructions like others. It was a pain in the ass, but now we've upgraded our router from a G to an N. Yess!

The laptop's just old. It doesn't have any spyware or viruses according to all the trouble shooting our friend (a computer networking security guy)--at least as of last March. It's just OLD.

I bought a new printer today, too. It's a pretty cool one. We'll see how I like it in a few days, after I've figured out all its bells and whistles.

:D :D :D

That's great; I hope you enjoy your new stuff! :)

We may add a laptop and network to our existing PC, and also go wi fi. The 5 of us are sharing the PC, and it's getting tough for everyone to get time. This will also be a tough homework year for the older 2 kids. We also have another older PC that's not currently online; we may fix it up to be more of a word processor for the kids' homework.

I'm also hoping Santa will bring me a smart phone (well, in June, when our contract expires). I think it might have to be a Palm Pre to be able to synch with my work calendar.

I hate to tell you, it's much more than the a/c. My interior is black, and believe it or not HM, though it's hotter where you are, in order to get to point A to point B in summer heat without being a sweaty mess, I need it. I haven't used it this summer when I don't need it because I know it's not working well.

The a/c works, but it squeals. The car squeals every time it starts up.

The gas mileage is compromised now too, becuase the compressor clutch keeps trying to engage--even when it's NOT on. I have a major repetitive power draw from the a/c, similar to that you feel in cars that aren't running well and the a/c is on. It didn't do that before--even last summer. Now it's lost power, etc.

Yeah...calling around for middle of the road tires is the goal of today. <_<

Charles, other than those things, the car runs very well. My mechanic said if I ever wanted to sell it, he'd buy it.

I've thought about buying a new car, but since I haven't had full-time employment for over a year because of school, etc., I can't do it. I need to fix it and keep driving it--plus, no one would loan me money without having a steady income. ;)

I know how you feel, you're still young and your career is just starting.

Luckily my career is in the automotive field so only need pay for parts.

I haven't had a check since June 26th but my donated leave should be coming in

this next pay period thank god.

Thank god I have a decent health insurance policy or I might be losing my house

right now.

It's also good that I started with a lot of sick and annual leave I've been off work

since March 13th.

You coudl've saved a good chunk of change by getting a pc instead of that Mac.

Walmart advertised a Toshiba 17" with 3GB of memory and 250GB hard drive for $348.00

That savings would have paid for a brake job and a new axle shaft for your car, no body replaces boots any more, cheaper just to by a new half shaft.

Edited for this link http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...uct_id=12170483

Edited by Dzldoc

Walmart advertised a Toshiba 17" with 3GB of memory and 250GB hard drive for $348.00

That savings would have paid for a brake job and a new axle shaft for your car, no body replaces boots any more, cheaper just to by a new half shaft.

I was thinking that as well.

I know how you feel, you're still young and your career is just starting.

Luckily my career is in the automotive field so only need pay for parts.

I haven't had a check since June 26th but my donated leave should be coming in

this next pay period thank god.

Thank god I have a decent health insurance policy or I might be losing my house

right now.

It's also good that I started with a lot of sick and annual leave I've been off work

since March 13th.

Edited for this link http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...uct_id=12170483

Macs are more expensive, no arguing that but IMHO, they're better systems with far less issues <_<:D