What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Don't know if you can call it happy but I'm in for chemo treatment #8 today and just 4 more to go. Yippee! :cheer:

I reckon that's a really good reason to be happy!

It'll be all over before you know it.

You're on the home stretch now mate!

Nah I was already up. He just made me jump. He comes out, bangs a stupid rythym on the fence, has a loud conversation with himself then goes back in again. He does that about 4 or 5 times a day. :unsure:

He's gone inside again now..............so I am officially happy. :)

Is this insanity universal or what? My neighbor does the same fugging thing. She goes out on her balcony and just bangs on the metal railing for no reason, then she comes in and hammers all over her house, sometimes directly above me. ARGH!!!!!!!

Gardeners! 6:59 in the am and they're out there, buzzing away with their tools. They're done by 8! But I can't sleep after 8! Why not start at 9 and be done by 10?

Oh, not Pet Peeves or Unhappy thread?

My sincere apologies. UNTIL THE WEED WHACKER STARTS AGAIN!!!!!

And the fucking leaf blowers! Remember rakes? I see them on your truck! You've got three of them! Are they just for advertisement? "Hi, we're gardeners". dot fucking com????

Yeah, just keep blowing my neighbors' pine needles into my yard. See what happens.

Oh YEAH! me too on that one. 7am here. The assholes with the blower blew all this yard garbage right ON my porch! All kinds of crap from others who let stuff fall off the balconies.

I got up and watched the jerks and saw that they had a huge hole in the clipping bag and it was all just blowing out of the bag. I looked at him like "one more time dude."

AND...before they had a hole in the clippings bag, they would dump all the grass into an alley next to us. Sweet huh? The one guy looks like a crackhead.

I've been scouting for some big rocks to toss around so they'll have to pick them up first. :D

Not really, but it was a little fantasy of mine.

These idiots somewhere above me think it's cool to "feed the birds" by throwing down MOLDY bread that lands right in front of my porch, now they've expanded to include greasy cheese, lumps of unknown origins. All it does is rot and attract flies. I've told my manager and they just can't catch who it is. Jerks! :angry:

Yeah, not a happy thing either but you guys got me.

Don't know if you can call it happy but I'm in for chemo treatment #8 today and just 4 more to go. Yippee! :cheer:

Great news about getting a paycheck! Just as great that you are in the home stretch now! Time to start thinking about your celebration when it's all over!

This made me happy, but i'm not sure if it meant anything. I'm in the pool near one of the ladders (close to the lifequard stand) playing with my daughter. The pool was pretty empty. The other hot lifeguard (my Brad wasn't there today) is walking toward the stand to switch places with the other lifeguard. He drops his whistle into the pool and then asks me "will you get my whistle for me"? So i said sure where is it (since i didn't see him drop it). He points to where he dropped it, about ten feet away from where i am. So i go to the bottom and get it for him. He smiles and thanks me. Man, it seemed like a set-up :) He did jump into a conversation i was having with my daughter's swim instructor a couple weeks ago and asked my daughter's age and birthday. Well.... i'm waiting for something to happen...

Edited by ~tangerine~

I may be going on a cruise to Cozumel and the Cayman Islands with my sister over Spring Break. Of course that means I'd need to get a passport, only I have no clue where my birth certificate is. Or if I really want to go, for that matter. I mean, spending Spring Break with my sister and her drunk friends doesn't sound very appealing to me. :-\

Going to go see ZOSO. Hopefully Custard Pie will soon follow they usually do :P Now that's fun, woooo hooo.

Custard Pie will be in Jack Of Wood September 12th

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=34750290

ZoSo will be at The Orange Peel August 27th...

Edited by Mary Hartman

I may be going on a cruise to Cozumel and the Cayman Islands with my sister over Spring Break. Of course that means I'd need to get a passport, only I have no clue where my birth certificate is. Or if I really want to go, for that matter. I mean, spending Spring Break with my sister and her drunk friends doesn't sound very appealing to me. :-\

I sent my birth certificate in when I applied for my passport and never got it back after my passport arrived.

I have been to Cozumel twice but not recently, maybe things have changed.

There isn`t much to do there except go diving or snorkeling and Palancar Reef is to die for although it takes a good half hour boat ride to get there.

The water is very clear and on smooth seas, you can see the bottom even at depths of 80 feet.

The hotels on the beach are rather expensive but you can get good deals a few blocks off the beach.

If you get to stay on the ship at port, that would save that expense.

I use beach rather lighty as the coastline is mostly rocks and covered by the worst urchins you could ever hope not to step on.

I didn`t care much for the Mayan food and the streets have a ga-zillion iguanas running lose. Big ones.

Whatever you do, don`t rent a moped and take a dirt road. The jungle there is scarry.

Other than that, you probaly would enjoy The Caymans better.

Your friends can always hit Cancun on the mainland for the drinking and debauchery.

Just don`t drink the mezcal.

The famous pyramid at Chichen Itza isn`t far away from Cancun either.

Edited by L 7

I don't know if this made me happy or unhappy today, but it sure was unusual.

As I was greeting my last patient before lunch, today, in walked my former college room mate and high school friend. I haven't seen her for about 5 years. I didn't recognize her. Her hair was blond (she is a brunette), and she had gained a little weight. And she lives about two hours away, so I would never imagine seeing her in my office. She was in the general vicinity and decided to stop in and see me and go out to lunch.

My patient was an elderly nun, and she was accompanied by another "Sister". While I was in the exam room, my friend chit-chatted in the waiting room with the other nun, who is the sweetest person you would ever meet. My friend, who has always been a little wacky, told the Sister that she didn't believe in God! And who knows what other insane things came out of her mouth! When I came out to the waiting room, I heard the Sister saying to her: "I will be praying for your soul"!

My friend also had stopped by a town on the way to my office at the house of the parents of her former boyfriend, whom she had been engaged to right after college! He called their wedding off a week before the wedding. The parents were in a nursing home, so she talked to their neighbors to try to find out what her former fiance was doing these days!

After a lunch talking about some assorted and unrelated topics, she left to track down her former fiance's sister!

And she couldn't leave without her usual compliment to me which is really a disguised insult. This time it was about how funny it was that she always thought that she would be happy staying at home and just having kids and that I was the career person. But as it turned out, she never had any kids as her husband refused to have any, and that I was the one who had the kids. Implying that I didn't have a career. She retired as an accountant at age 40 and is now an artist who recently had an exhibit in the town where we grew up.

Not my usual Wednesday!

As an aside - welcome back Buckeye! How was your trip :D

Thanks for asking, ninelives. :)

It was great!

All of our flights left on time and went smoothly.

We had good weather, very little drizzle on a few days.

I loved London, England and Scotland. The people there were wonderful.

All of the people on our tour were very nice. No one was obnoxious or pushy or loud-mouthed, as you sometimes get on these tours. Everyone got along well with each other.

We went to the Tattoo in Edinburgh, a bagpipe and drum concert at the Castle. It was fantastic.

We saw Les Miserables and it was wonderful. Our seats were 10th row, dead center stage.

We went to the National Art Gallery at Trafalger Square and I got to see the Turner paintings. But I think that my current favorite painter is Constable. There were some beautiful paintings there. Pictures in books do not do them justice, as the texture of the paint is so interesting to see in person. My favorite was of the Salisbury Cathedral, which we did visit in person, where they have a original copy of the Magna Carta.

constable-salisbury-cathedral-meado.jpg

Constable

I took about 500 photos but have been too lazy to upload to my computer. I will post some this weekend when I have more time to play around with them. I have some great photos.

Edited to say: it took a while to figure out how to post the photo. It's a little different than the previous way.

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

I just saw the most hi-larious thing on TV - train racing! It's not trains racing each other (although apparently that exists, too), it's three cars chained together, and the front car has the gas and steering, and the back car has the brakes. Not only that, but they do it on a figure 8 track. Total mayhem, and funnier than hell. :lol: I love how some of them have the front car painted with NASCAR schemes, hehe.

Eating a sweet and delicious large, white peach with a California label. I think a friend bought it at Albertson's. Definitely a great crop there. During the third week of August the Full Moon and Snow Fall varieties of white peaches first become available, so perhaps it was one of those. Either that or it was from the earlier varieties that became available in the first week of August, which are Pink Moon, Snow Gem or September Snow.

The peach is native to China. The earliest mentions of peaches in Chinese literature date to 1000 B.C.E., when a book of poems and songs was written describing pink peach blossoms and peach trees with ripe fruit. The fruit spread westward to Persia and Rome via caravan trade on the Silk Road in the second century B.C.E., and from Rome, throughout Europe. Once known as a "Persian apple," its scientific name, Prunus persica, makes reference to the fruit's travel from east to west.

Peaches were introduced to the United States by the Spanish in Florida during the 1500s. From there, they spread up the East Coast and west to the Mississippi. Several groups brought peaches to California. Spanish missionaries were first in the 1700s. In the early 1800s, Russian immigrants brought peach seeds or trees by ship to San Francisco, and during the Gold Rush, settlers in California planted peaches as well.

.eatcaliforniafruit.com/ourfruit/history

eatcaliforniafruit.com/ourfruit/availability.asp

Edited by eternal light