What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Sounds like such fun! The vacation on the beach is what i consider paradise :) Have a great time, slave!

I got to play tennis with my daughter today. We had so much fun!

yes, but just not being at work will be such fun!!! :D

it's great that you have so much time for your daughter, and that you really enjoy some great quality time with her. i wish my son was more into sports. he prefers playstation. he isn't overweight from it tho, actually he is naturally thin, lucky thing! and he eats quite healthily too. i think it's just the aspergers doing it's thing ...... :(

Oh, that sounds like fun! :) (Tried to send you a PM; think your box is full?)

Hi Virginia, i will have to check my pm box. It was my daughter's idea. After she swam today she started asking me to play tennis with her. She said "mom, i can show you how to play :) "... i haven't played since my late teens, but it was fun showing her, lol. I hope you are staying sane with school and all the extra activities in your house!

yes, but just not being at work will be such fun!!! :D

it's great that you have so much time for your daughter, and that you really enjoy some great quality time with her. i wish my son was more into sports. he prefers playstation. he isn't overweight from it tho, actually he is naturally thin, lucky thing! and he eats quite healthily too. i think it's just the aspergers doing it's thing ...... :(

I know what you mean about not being at work!!! I am lucky to have a full time job that is only three days a week. My daughter may not have a father, but i make up for it (and my family are a big help, too)! My heart goes out to you. I know you do an incredible job raising your son and you should be so proud! icon12.gif

I know what you mean about not being at work!!! I am lucky to have a full time job that is only three days a week. My daughter may not have a father, but i make up for it (and my family are a big help, too)! My heart goes out to you. I know you do an incredible job raising your son and you should be so proud! icon12.gif

oh, what a lovely thing to say! it's not easy, but we do the best we can, eh? i can tell you are an excellent mum. i hope your daughter knows how lucky she is to have you. xo

oh, what a lovely thing to say! it's not easy, but we do the best we can, eh? i can tell you are an excellent mum. i hope your daughter knows how lucky she is to have you. xo

Very true. Parenting is the most challenging thing i've ever done. I know this is something felt globally among moms :) Thanks for the compliment and same goes for you (i know you are an excellent mum)! My daughter and i have a very close bond and she promises it will stay that way "even" when she's a teen, lol. I hope so!

I finally put away the canon sure shot 35mm camera and bought a digital one today! Canon Power Shot with HD/ digital camera/recorder. I can't wait to start using it (hopefully in the next hour)!

Very true. Parenting is the most challenging thing i've ever done. I know this is something felt globally among moms :) Thanks for the compliment and same goes for you (i know you are an excellent mum)! My daughter and i have a very close bond and she promises it will stay that way "even" when she's a teen, lol. I hope so!

I finally put away the canon sure shot 35mm camera and bought a digital one today! Canon Power Shot with HD/ digital camera/recorder. I can't wait to start using it (hopefully in the next hour)!

cool! now will we get to see your pic in " post a picture of yourself " ?????

We celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary yesterday.

My husband went all out this year. He sent beautiful flowers to me at work. He also bought me a beautiful silver necklace. And we went to dinner at the country club.

And in my card were two tickets to the Ohio State vs. Wisconsin football game in October. The seats are center field, row two! He got them from one of his patients who was on the Ohio State football team in 1944. The patient played on the undefeated team with Les Horvath, the first Ohio State player to win the Heisman trophy. He gets these great seats every year, but due to his age, he can't attend every game. Too bad he didn't give us his OSU vs USC tickets for next weekend, lol. (Go Bucks!)

^no problem! Seriously though, I honestly wonder whether marriage can work after seeing so many divorces, etc. Every adult I know who is older than I (like my mom's generation) is divorced. At least once. I don't know many people who have stayed married more than a few years, so seeing that makes me happy.

I threw out about five (inside, office-sized) trash cans of papers for the recycling today!

I'm hoping to go through more tomorrow to get rid of. I need to clear out this freakin' office of mine!

My husband went all out this year. He sent beautiful flowers to me at work. He also bought me a beautiful silver necklace. And we went to dinner at the country club.

And in my card were two tickets to the Ohio State vs. Wisconsin football game in October. The seats are center field, row two! He got them from one of his patients who was on the Ohio State football team in 1944. The patient played on the undefeated team with Les Horvath, the first Ohio State player to win the Heisman trophy. He gets these great seats every year, but due to his age, he can't attend every game. Too bad he didn't give us his OSU vs USC tickets for next weekend, lol. (Go Bucks!)

:) Congrats on year number 30! :D Hey you buckeyes have a great half-time marching band! Love it when they "dot the 'i' " ! :yesnod: Enjoy the game! WOW, second row!, centerfield! :toast:

Edited by Fan_S.

Not sure if I can say really happy, more of a relief actually but it's finally official I'm a free man after a 29 year relationship and 21 of it vestedslapface.gifinjured.gifhurrah.gif

i know what you mean, deez. i just couldn't believe it when my divorce came through ..... i had wanted it for a few years before i got the guts to leave, and when i realised i was free of him ..... it was like the toyota ads.... OH WHAT A FEELING!

the best is yet to come for you, charles. a whole new life. embrace it. and i wish you nothing but the best. if anyone deserves to find love and happiness, it's you, mate. :)

that is so wonderful, doc. how lovely and thoughtful of hubby to surprise you like that. such a good feeling to hear stories like yours. i know of a few people that have stayed together ( and are still happy! ), but not very many.

what's your secret recipe ?

Congrats Buckeye Doc on 30 years!That's awesome, especially since you sound like you have a great marriage!

Dzldoc, understood what you're saying... at least you have freedom now!

I had a great day. My daugther received her swimmning trophy today! We are both so proud! She showed some of her friends at the swim club! Finally got an attachment for my cell phone to have my pics printed (took it to the pharmacy, not doing it on my own)... gonna go pick em up in a few! Had a great time using my new digital camera today, too! Just finished a delicious Japanese dinner, shrimp hibachi and shrimp and vegetable tempura with soup and salad!

Not sure if I can say really happy, more of a relief actually but it's finally official I'm a free man after a 29 year relationship and 21 of it vestedslapface.gifinjured.gifhurrah.gif

↑ Hey Charles! :wave: That's one hurdle. :D Now you're a free man! The best is yet to come. :beer:

Edited by Fan_S.

Congrats Buckeye Doc on 30 years!That's awesome, especially since you sound like you have a great marriage!

Dzldoc, understood what you're saying... at least you have freedom now!

I had a great day. My daugther received her swimmning trophy today! We are both so proud! She showed some of her friends at the swim club! Finally got an attachment for my cell phone to have my pics printed (took it to the pharmacy, not doing it on my own)... gonna go pick em up in a few! Had a great time using my new digital camera today, too! Just finished a delicious Japanese dinner, shrimp hibachi and shrimp and vegetable tempura with soup and salad!

Hey tangerine! :wave: Congratulations to your daughter on the swimming trophy! That's great! Swimming's the best! :yesnod::D So, she likes tennis, too? :)

Hey tangerine! :wave: Congratulations to your daughter on the swimming trophy! That's great! Swimming's the best! :yesnod::D So, she likes tennis, too? :)

Thank you, Fan_S! She started swim lessons in June and finished two sessions this summer. She went from having no experience to being able to swim! We are going to continue lessons at an indoor facility next week until May. Maybe she will be swim team material next summer :) She also takes ballet/tap, hip hop, and gymnastics. Tennis is one of the many activities available at our swim club, so i played with her yesterday, and she played with another little girl today (just for fun). Next spring, finances willing, we want to start piano lessons.